• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Replay Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazmir

Reaction score
Replay Value

So i like a game that i can play for a long time and get my moneys worth. What are things you guys would do in the game to do so and richen the experience. Anyone know of new minigames, sidequests, and just free time things. Oblivion was the best at replay value!

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Replay Value

In my opinion, Oblivion had no replay value at all, just a very long and extensive mission line. According to what you said, I believe you're thinking of "replay value" wrong. Maybe I'm wrong, but replay value to me is playing the main story line multiple times. Anyways, I find this post useless because Fable is made for its replay value.

Kazmir

Reaction score

i guess im using replay value as what things you can do in the game aside from main story that keep the experience going longer

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I only finished the main quest in Oblivion twice, and all the guild quests once, out of about 10 to 15 starts. That's not to say I didn't put a good 20 to 30 hours into each start (well, most of them). I think Oblivion has excellent replay value, escpecially with all the excellent mods that are coming out for it.

I think the Fable franchise has pretty poor replay value so far. Replay value doesn't mean putting in a bunch of binary choices with obvious, two dimensional consequences, and simply doing it differently the second time. I want a large world, with more things to do than I could hope to in a single game.

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

Don't forget fallout 3

Kazmir

Reaction score

i havent played fallout 3 due to the combat. I dont want to slow down time to pick off a certain bodypart?! Am i wrong about the gameplay?? Well if fable runs out of things for me to do in it theres always oblivion v!

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

You don't have to pause time. And it's no less realistic than bullet time in several FPSs.

And it's The Elder Scrolls V, Oblivion was the name for the fourth one specifically. ;)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

well, if you look at the legend of zelda... they managed to be one of the best game series of all time (one installment is the best game of all time on several lists... ocaraina of time, that is). zelda has NO replay value unless you put it down and wait until you've forgotten all about it. that would be a more realistic goal for fable. they need to focus more on the enjoyability of the first playthrough, being sure to make it spectacular, then worry about what someone might do after they complete it.

i'm not trying to say that fable needs to conform to zelda, but zelda is a game of similar genre (maybe less action more puzzle) which sets a high standard. it'd be short sighted and foolish not to try and pick out what it has done right that brought it the success and fame it has today.

Kazmir

Reaction score

who wants to spend 60$ on a game that they will be done with in days. Zelda is dated and all games shhould be open ended or have online play.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score

Kazmir;433990 said:
who wants to spend 60$ on a game that they will be done with in days. Zelda is dated and all games shhould be open ended or have online play.

I agree with the open endedness point, but online play? I generally don't like it for RPGs and such...

Dentie

Reaction score

Kazmir;433990 said:

Thats jsut stupid... Zelda isnt dated every zelda gets more than 90/100 points and theres a new zlede like every one or two years...

Kazmir

Reaction score

Dentie;433993 said:
Thats jsut stupid... Zelda isnt dated every zelda gets more than 90/100 points and theres a new zlede like every one or two years...

do you listen? Zelda is dated........(now why would i ever say that?) BECAUSE THERE NOT OPEN ENDED!!!!.................use context clues bro

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score

So what if it's dated? It's still more fun (no matter how long you play it) than 75% of the games today.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

Morrowind has more replay value then Oblivion, But i still like Oblivion, i just don't think i could make more then 2 characters and play them cause the Main story line F***ing sucks.

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score

Terra_Zeta;434047 said:
Morrowind has more replay value then Oblivion, But i still like Oblivion, i just don't think i could make more then 2 characters and play them cause the Main story line F***ing sucks.

Honestly, I didn't like Oblivion at all. Morrowing kicked arse.
I couldn't play Oblivion for more than a week without crying.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

The legend of zelda was a lot of story, and a lot of sidequests. I've only played two though and completed one. That one was Minish cap. And even though it was really long ago, I loved that game. I just loved it, It took a long time to beat and it still had a lot of **** to do(well not a lot) .

Thing about fable is that I want it to be like, I go through this intense story worth at least 40 hours of gameplay and then come out to the end with lots of **** to do. Like Fable TLC (which probably wasnt 40) which I played through a lot of story and spent a lot of time on.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

MrNoob;434050 said:
Honestly, I didn't like Oblivion at all. Morrowing kicked arse.
I couldn't play Oblivion for more than a week without crying.

Meh, I really didn't think it was THAT awful.

Kazmir

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;434058 said:
The legend of zelda was a lot of story, and a lot of sidequests. I've only played two though and completed one. That one was Minish cap. And even though it was really long ago, I loved that game. I just loved it, It took a long time to beat and it still had a lot of **** to do(well not a lot) .

Thing about fable is that I want it to be like, I go through this intense story worth at least 40 hours of gameplay and then come out to the end with lots of **** to do. Like Fable TLC (which probably wasnt 40) which I played through a lot of story and spent a lot of time on.

alright thats what im saying pretty much. When a game ends at the completion of the main storyline that game ends up being traded in for 1/3 you payed. (not literallyy ends) also zelda is done after the last boss. The credits roll and you trade it in. Ha

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;433875 said:
well, if you look at the legend of zelda... they managed to be one of the best game series of all time (one installment is the best game of all time on several lists... ocaraina of time, that is). zelda has NO replay value unless you put it down and wait until you've forgotten all about it. that would be a more realistic goal for fable. they need to focus more on the enjoyability of the first playthrough, being sure to make it spectacular, then worry about what someone might do after they complete it.

i'm not trying to say that fable needs to conform to zelda, but zelda is a game of similar genre (maybe less action more puzzle) which sets a high standard. it'd be short sighted and foolish not to try and pick out what it has done right that brought it the success and fame it has today.

Just want to point out, every single zelda game after the first one, has been a replay. *nods sagely*

Every game has had (roughly) the same storyline as each zelda game before it.

don't get me wrong though, Zelda Fricking rocks!

Ocarina of Time Ftw!

Kazmir

Reaction score

alright man enough with zelda just talk about the lack of replay value fable MAY have.

Status
Not open for further replies.