• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Respect

Do People...

• ...Earn Respect?

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • ...Deserve Respect?

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
it isn't self control if you don't know what you're stopping. that's the fear to go out on a limb. if you regret where you are, the problem is that you aren't determined. i can't send what you need over PayPal, but i can say that telling yourself encouraging words, just being friendly and open to people overall. you've grown accustomed to telling yourself that if you go out on a limb you're gonna fall - which isn't just unhealthy, it's just plain wrong. just commit yourself to what you want and it's all in the past. literally everything you're taking issue with not having done could be fit into about an hour if you played your cards right.

EDIT:

fair enough. i've been procrastinating like it's nobodies business anyway. :lol:
I've been telling myself I should see a therapist or a counselor. I'm glad there's a free one on-line! :D...haha...
I know you're right, and I just wish I could flip a switch...but I honestly don't care to I guess...I don't know. I'm messed up. :/

Procrastinations isn't anyone's business...so I think you're all set :)

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Ssjb, I'll tell you one good reason for sex. You know how babies are made, right?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
^ also it feels really nice.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Well, I don't want children and I don't care for the feeling. STRIKE 2!

Avarael

Reaction score
I think the problem with this poll is that the word respect means multiple things. The differences may be subtle but they're different. Two from dictionary.com:

1. to show regard or consideration for
2. to hold in esteem or honour

For me everyone before I know them or things about them default to 1. In that sense I believe people deserve respect as a default. If they then lose that respect through their actions that's different and they'll have to earn it back. I can't seem to hold a grudge though so that's not hard for myself personally. haha

However I don't hold others in esteem and honour by default. In that sense it has to be earned. I have to be impressed. If they lose that they have to earn it back again. When I answered the poll I had the first definition in mind.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Good point, and good job pointing that out. Philosophy is pretty much just word games. I've learned that you take one, or certain definitions, as your personal truth or come up with your own definition for word. Either way, you're right. My example is going by the definition I provided on the first page (?) somewhere.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Plus having a girlfriend makes you look cooler.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
It's actually not very cool to me. I actually don't see much worth in it, especially someone your age (no offense). STRIKE THREE!
Sorry, go back on the bench.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
If you dont see any worth in those things, then you're not doing them right.

I just think the idea that someone would decide they don't like something without trying it is kinda silly. Unless it's something like eating magma, I can see the sense in not wanting to try that.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Even if you still reject it, you still have urges, they're like uncontrolable. Basically, you have a Dick-Says-Yes, Head-Says-No mindset. WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO YOUR DICK BOY?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Lol hobbe you're not allowed to give advice about sex.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Lol hobbe you're not allowed to give advice about sex.

I never gave sex advice, just advice telling him that WHEN HE GETS A BONER HE SHOULD FRICKIN' USE IT.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
If you dont see any worth in those things, then you're not doing them right.

I just think the idea that someone would decide they don't like something without trying it is kinda silly. Unless it's something like eating magma, I can see the sense in not wanting to try that.
I have no desire to do them right.
I honestly think it's silly to waste time on another person to an extent that they can hurt you. However, if a kind of relationship like that just happens, that's fine (and it has in my life). I've given up trying to be a relationship and I'm just going to let it happen. I believe romantic love is silly and shallow and want nothing to do with it. I'm perfectly content with the way I am. :)

Even if you still reject it, you still have urges, they're like uncontrolable. Basically, you have a Dick-Says-Yes, Head-Says-No mindset. WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO YOUR DICK BOY?
I have extremely good self-control. Other than that, I never really get urges, ever. It's actually a turn-off to think about that stuff...sooo
(the way you're phrasing this is implying that you're giving sex advice, just to let you know)

And since when did this thread became a "Fix Sam" thread? Last time I checked there's nothing severely wrong with me.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
As well as a source of great comedy. People getting their dong stuck in funny things such as park benches and swimming pool sucking-venting-thingies.

I'm off to YouTube...

...but if people really get that horny they should just buy a fleshlight.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I never gave sex advice, just advice telling him that WHEN HE GETS A BONER HE SHOULD FRICKIN' USE IT.

You should stop living through others like that.

I have no desire to do them right.
I honestly think it's silly to waste time on another person to an extent that they can hurt you. However, if a kind of relationship like that just happens, that's fine (and it has in my life). I've given up trying to be a relationship and I'm just going to let it happen. I believe romantic love is silly and shallow and want nothing to do with it. I'm perfectly content with the way I am. :)

I have extremely good self-control. Other than that, I never really get urges, ever. It's actually a turn-off to think about that stuff...sooo
(the way you're phrasing this is implying that you're giving sex advice, just to let you know)

And since when did this thread became a "Fix Sam" thread? Last time I checked there's nothing severely wrong with me.

Once you understand the kind of joy that being in a real relationship can bring you, I think you'd change your mind. It's got its ups and downs, sure, but it's way worth it imho.