• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

September 23rd:LHT Cracks The Code!

L

LionHeadTex

September 23rd:LHT Cracks The Code!

In the previous interview by Lionhead.net, a fan interviewed Peter D and asked him:
The September 23rd source. Can you narrow it down a little bit? You said that’s where you got your inspiration from? No. Okay. Too bad. The clue’s there. Thank you.
(Bold-Fan,Normal-Peter M.)

Now I know you all are wondering,WTF? September 23rd? Well, atleast I was. This gave me no information at first. But alas, I remembered google existed.

This is my first scource:23rd September - This day in history
"The Paris Opéra unveils a stunning new ceiling painted as a gift by Belorussian-born artist Marc Chagall, who spent much of his life in France. Chagall's Russian soul and Jewish heritage stirred his love for folklore and biblical themes. Before the advent of surrealism, he painted fantastical paintings that were among the first expressions of psychic reality in modern art. Among his most famous works are paintings such as I and the Village (1911); his series of 12 stained-glass windows symbolizing the tribes of Israel (1960-61); the two vast murals he painted for New York's Metropolitan Opera House (1966); and the sets and costumes he designed for various operas and ballets. He continued to work vigorously until his death in 1985 at the age of 97."

Look at the part I underlined:Expressions. What is the system Peter M. was so proud of and stated innovative? That's right dudes and dudets: Expressions. A clue? Possible. Let's continue the investigation!

Here's another scource:September 23rd in History
"
September 23rd in History
1846: Neptune discovered by German astronomer Johann Galle
1912: The first ever silent 'Keystone Cops' film released
1940: Japanese troops enter IndoChina
1993: A South African Bill grants blacks a legal say in affairs of state for the first time

September 23rd birthdays
1920: Mickey Rooney, American film actor
1930: Ray Charles, American singer"

Peter M. always talks about how Fable 2 will be one of those games that will be remembered in video game history, lionhead games in general actually. (As he said in the interview)
Look at these events (Some of them, more important than others)

They are rich history, history alot of us know of. Peter might of looked at the 23rd of september as a time of innovation, change, art!

Here's another clue!
September 23rd - This Day In European History

480 BCE: The Battle of Salamis; allied Greek forces defeat a massive Persian invasion.
1122: The Concordat of Worms between Pope Callistus II and Holy Roman Emperor Henry V.
1642: The Battle of Powick bridge, the first battle of English Civil War.
1719: Liechtenstein becomes a Principality.
1846: Neptune discovered by German Johann Galle.
1940: Britain creates the George Cross and Medal for civilian bravery. Births
63 BCE: Augustus, the first Roman Emperor.
1625: Johan de Witt, Dutch statesman.
1650: Jeremy Collier, English bishop.
1865: Emma Orczy, Hungarian writer.
1897: Paul Delvaux, Belgian painter.
Deaths
867: Byzantine Emperor Michael III.
1592: Michel de Montaigne, French writer.
1835: Vincenzo Bellini, Italian composer.
1870: Prosper Mérimée, French historian.
1917: Verner Voss, German air ace.
1939: Sigmund Freud, Austrian psychoanalyst.

Just like the last clue, folks. Look at these events. What do they all have in common? Take awhile to look.

Painters, writers, composers...what do these titles have in common?They are all a form of art! Peter M. wanted to show the innovation, artistic side, and viewpoint in Fable 2. What do I mean? Like any artist, writer, composer, etc...they all want to be different and make people be amazed. There are even some battles and historical landmarks provided, all in ancient ages...all that are remembered to some as some of the most important partsin history.

Anything else? Sure.September 23 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't paste that in here, but you can check it out.:p

I might just have cracked the code. Peters message? September 23rd was a day in many years, of innovation. Art. Change. And that's everything Peter M. wanted in fable 2 and all of his other creations. Think about it.

So, what are your opinions in this? If you find other scources concerning september 23rd, provide them on this thread. I believe Mr.M. just gave us the first glimpse of what fable 2 will contain, just with a date...and a clue.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: September 23rd:LHT Cracks The Code!

huh..?

H

HodgePodge

Hmmmm...somewhat far-fetched, but intriguing nonetheless. I guess the whole theory hinges on how smart Peter really is.

B

blu phoenix

Interesting. This may have been a code of some sort, but who knows. Very cool non-the-less.

G

gdude987654321

maybe fable 2 will be released on september 23rd... if it was sept 23rd prob 2008... maybe not... fable 1 was released in spetember... nobody knows...
sept 23rd things that are interesting but dont have to do with art and such... from wikipedia
1780 - American Revolution; British Major John André arrested as a spy by American soldiers exposing Benedict Arnolds treason
1806 - Lewis and Clark return to St. Louis, after exploring the Pacific Northwest of the United States.
1875 - William Bonney ("Billy the Kid") is arrested for the first time.

theres a lot more intersting things on there... i dont feel like copy and pasting this stuff go to the original link

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I think its an interesting theory and i like how much thought and time you have put into this and explained things quite well. However i also agree with Markie that any date could bring up results like that and wouldnt look to much into it just yet.

+rep for the determination and thought though.

L

LionHeadTex

My friend noticed the date, and alot of comments at Lionhead.net were confused about September 23rd. Some people googled it, etc. Maybe it's false, maybe it's crazy. Maybe it's false and crazy, or maybe it's true. Who knows, better than just looking at it and going,"Oh yea..ok...well that's nice"
Nevertheless, I might not have cracked the code...but I sure as hell made a dent :lol:

H

Hexadecimal

LionHeadTex;96125 said:
In the previous interview by Lionhead.net, a fan interviewed Peter D and asked him:
The September 23rd source. Can you narrow it down a little bit?

... just thought I'd point out that the interview you're quoting wasn't by Lionhead... it was by Loinhead...
... and it wasn't with Peter D... it was with Peter M...
perhaps this is why you're googling so many strange things? :rolleyes:

People have lots of strange theories about the 23rd... they made a movie about it...
history is so long that it would be statisticly improbable to find any single date in which nothing weird or amazing ever happened...

L

LionHeadTex

Hexadecimal;96214 said:
... just thought I'd point out that the interview you're quoting wasn't by Lionhead... it was by Loinhead...
... and it wasn't with Peter D... it was with Peter M...
perhaps this is why you're googling so many strange things? :rolleyes:

People have lots of strange theories about the 23rd... they made a movie about it...
history is so long that it would be statisticly improbable to find any single date in which nothing weird or amazing ever happened...
Typo, Hex, typo :lol:

But my point was, alot of (about to say "different")...alot of artistic landmarks begun at this time. Ray Charles for example, music legend..eh?

Hear me out, I wasn't intending this being a huge issue. It was an observation.

Strange things? No way. Perhaps you look up strange things :lol: (jk don't kick me)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Maybe it you could link it to Stonehenge or something. After all stonehenge was in the trailer. that would be interesting.

G

gdude987654321

PM released his first video game 23 years ago... the end of virgo is on sept 23 and beggining of libra is sept 23

dude... i dont wana be mean... and maybe u know this but... u dont have all the info... the original thing said by PM is september 23rd 2005... if you dig deep enough on that day you will find the inspiration for his other current project besides fable 2... september 23 has nothing to do with fable but it may be dealing with project ego... who knows... but all of your sept 23rd dates that arent from 2005 are bnothing... so dont wana be mean but... im just a little frustrated as i sit in my room at 2:30 am where i live ponering sept 23, doing many google searches, rearainging the letters in september 23rd... by the way peter in in september... very obvious... anyways keep looking but the whole sept 23rd thing isnt fable oriented... heres the link to the original quote from PM... its a video... Loinhead » Archive » Avoiding Alcatraz ....the second video on the page

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

September 23 is the day that the Plant in Little Shop of Horrors, The Audrey II, arrived on earth.

H

Hexadecimal

gdude987654321;99608 said:
september 23 has nothing to do with fable but it may be dealing with project ego...

... fable IS project ego... hence the name of this site :rolleyes:

G

gdude987654321

so it seems like most ppl didnt read my long post so i will summarize it...

PM SAID THAT SEPTEMBER 23RD 2005 IS AND IDEA FOR A GAME... NOT FABLE 2... POSSIBLE PROJECT EGO... LIONHEADTEX DIDNT SEE THE ORIGINAL INTERVIEW... THE ORIGINAL INTERVIEW IS HERE... Loinhead » Archive » Avoiding Alcatraz

THE SECOND VIDEO ON THE PAGE IS WHERE PM TELLS U ABOUT SEPTEMBER 23RD

H

Hexadecimal

gdude987654321;99770 said:
so it seems like most ppl didnt read my long post so i will summarize it...

PM SAID THAT SEPTEMBER 23RD 2005 IS AND IDEA FOR A GAME... NOT FABLE 2... POSSIBLE PROJECT EGO... LIONHEADTEX DIDNT SEE THE ORIGINAL INTERVIEW... THE ORIGINAL INTERVIEW IS HERE... Loinhead » Archive » Avoiding Alcatraz

THE SECOND VIDEO ON THE PAGE IS WHERE PM TELLS U ABOUT SEPTEMBER 23RD

ummm... you only posted it a short while ago, for one thing...
I did read it, I was just pointing out to you that Fable and Project Ego are the same game since you stated they were different...
and posting in all caps on a forum is a tad rude... it's akin to shouting in real life... ;)

G

gdude987654321

fable 1 wasnt project ego... it was supposed to be but was missing many things... mainly the whole growing tree concept peter stressed... fable 2 has the whole growing towns based on your actions so maybe fable 2 will be what was originally thought of as project ego

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

gdude987654321;99778 said:
fable 1 wasnt project ego... it was supposed to be but was missing many things... mainly the whole growing tree concept peter stressed... fable 2 has the whole growing towns based on your actions so maybe fable 2 will be what was originally thought of as project ego

Yeah it was meant to be and that hands down best RPG ever was meant to be Fable but they rushed it out to meet deadlines and it became what we see as Fable today. Projectego was nothing more than a dream and a codename and morphed into the Fable franchise. They are hoping Fable 2 will add a lot of things people wanted for ProjectEgo/Fable but projectego does not exist anymore and was never anything but a dream of Peter Molyneux.

H

Hexadecimal

ummm... no... Project Ego was the codename given to the game before it was renamed Fable...
Project Ego and Fable are the exact same game...
Project Ego/Fable did not turn out to be all they could have been, and perhaps Fable 2 will be, this is true...
but that does not change the fact that Project Ego is Fable...
if you adopt a dog name Fluffy and rename them Rex does that mean that Rex was never Fluffy?
it's still the same dog and it's still the same game ;)