• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

September 23rd:LHT Cracks The Code!

G

gdude987654321

Re: September 23rd:LHT Cracks The Code!

no in your name comparison... fluffy rex... imagine fluffy is an imaginary dog... a perfect dog... that was project ego... but you got rex. which can only fetch but cont rollover... but rex 2 might be fluffy... comfusin... but fable was supposed to be projhect ego but it wasnt

H

Hexadecimal

gdude987654321;99786 said:
no in your name comparison... fluffy rex... imagine fluffy is an imaginary dog... a perfect dog... that was project ego... but you got rex. which can only fetch but cont rollover

ok... but Project Ego wasn't an imaginary dog... it was an actual game which they were working on and by the time it was released they renamed it Fable...
Project Ego was the codename given to the project... and when it was complete it became Fable...
didn't you ever wonder why this site is called ProjectEgo.net yet is devoted to Fable?
it's the same game ;)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Now I'm just confused. Fable 2 will not be project ego. I thought Project ego was just the code name for the ORIGINAL fable. So..That's what I thought..

H

Hexadecimal

Sephiroxas;99792 said:
Now I'm just confused. Fable 2 will not be project ego. I thought Project ego was just the code name for the ORIGINAL fable. So..That's what I thought..

yup, that's correct :p:D

G

gdude987654321

i was using your whole fluffy rex thing to try and explain it to you... ok fable... in my opinion best rpg ive ever played... but it could have been alot better... as darkdrakan said project ego was a dream, the perfect rpg... project ego was the name given to fable because PM said so many great things about fable... but fable was rushed... thus fable did not amount to the nickname project ego... fable 2 could possibly be project ego... who knows

H

Hexadecimal

gdude987654321;99799 said:
fable 2 could possibly be project ego... who knows

no... it couldn't... cause Project Ego was the codename given to Fable...
Fable 2 never had a codename... it was always Fable 2... Fable 2 is Fable 2 and Fable is Project Ego... :wacko:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

gdude987654321;99799 said:
i was using your whole fluffy rex thing to try and explain it to you... ok fable... in my opinion best rpg ive ever played... but it could have been alot better... as darkdrakan said project ego was a dream, the perfect rpg... project ego was the name given to fable because PM said so many great things about fable... but fable was rushed... thus fable did not amount to the nickname project ego... fable 2 could possibly be project ego... who knows

Project Ego will NEVER be anything more than a dream as even Peter Molyneux could not achieve what he promised he realised planting an acorn and having it grow into a tree was nothing more than stupid as it would have no effect on the game at all. Making marks on trees for them to be there years later would add nothing to the game and he threw all these crazy ideas in and named it Project Ego. However in the development process he realised that these ideas would not work in a game and overall although impressive features were worthless to add. Therefore a lot of content was removed as it was pointless and some of the things were removed because it was rushed out, then they gave Project Ego a name which was Fable. Fable 2 will be nothing more than an improved version of Fable with ideas in it they might have had to cut from Fable due to time. It will not be project ego as that dream died VERY early in Fables production.

G

gdude987654321

dude please listen we are both saying nearly the same thing... project ego was the nickname given to fable because fable was supposed to be the perfect rpg... fable was not perfect... fable 2 will not be perfect but it may be closer to the original idea of project ego than fable 1 was

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

gdude987654321;99805 said:
dude please listen we are both saying nearly the same thing... project ego was the nickname given to fable because fable was supposed to be the perfect rpg... fable was not perfect... fable 2 will not be perfect but it may be closer to the original idea of project ego than fable 1 was

Yeah it might be closer to what Fable might have been originally was but thats still not project ego thats why they named it Fable 2 as its a sequel to Fable (Fable with added content and ideas, just like any other sequel).

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

+Rep Tex.^_^

You too gdude.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

originally it sounded like you were calling fable 2 project ego.

G

gdude987654321

yeah anyways... my original point was that its not just september 23rd... its september23rd 2005... and that september 23rd has nothing to do with fable... its an idea for another game from lionhead... here is the interview with PM to prove that... Loinhead » Archive » Avoiding Alcatraz
its the second video on the page if you care about researchin sept 23rd 2005