• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should I get Fable/TLC?

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Should I get Fable/TLC?

I have Fable II, as most of you know but I am interested in buying for the pc and do some modding. Is there a Fable for the pc? I know TLC is.

Are they worth getting?
Can anyone send me a link to a guide for modding (that talks as if the person is a baby, none of the mod language?)
And how long is the playtime, etc.

Basically tell me everything as if you were talking to someone who had never heard of fable :p

Cheers.

EDIT: Sorry about the wrong section, I'm playing xbox with my girlfriend at the same time so I wasn't paying attention.

JackB

Horny Paladin
Reaction score
Re: Should I get Fable/TLC?

Yeah, you want to get TLC for the PC, as it still has the original Fable, but also has the extra stuff as well obviously.

In my opinion TLC was well worth the buy, and even though I have Fable 2 I still play TLC frequently, mainly for all the extra content released through mods, but also because the story is great and it's an fantastic game in general.
TLC got mixed reviews, but I'd say it had an average of around 8.5-9.0 overall.

I haven't been to this site in months, but I seem to remember there being modding guides on it:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=i&
If there isn't any guides, there are still some fantastic mods on there.

And obviously, Fable can be completely summed up via Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion_(Fable)#Setting

So yeah, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't buy TLC, as it doesn't cost much nowadays and is a lot of fun.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

cheers

B

bij18

Ive played tlc on pc and throught that it wasnt as good as the original fable on xbox

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

you should really get this game it is an awesome game and modding it will make the game even funner. i had the original on xbox then about one year later like about a month ago i saw tlc and i couldn't resist and the gameplay and story is fantastic. overall you should get fable tlc for the extra content and story that is worth it because you meet more people and minor characters become a bit more important. there i made my point. so i would recommend this game.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Cool Ill get it soon then.

Care to read my sig and link me if you can? Anyone?

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

here is fable explorer the basic thing you need for modding and this site is all modding. there might not be as many people there but you could always ask help here or there. somewhere in the site it will tell you instructions.
Fmp. are the easiest to use just open fable explorer
file>load fable mod package and choose the mod(s) you want then
actions>save mods and run fable.

here is your basic modding. don't ask me how to make mods besides retexturing because i couldn't answer that
to retexture go to
textures and find what you want to change(shadow=obsidian brass=master) you will see the texture. save as anything you want but keep it the default. now use editing things such as photoshop or paint(if it is your only option) then go back to fable explorer
open new leave the dxl1(or whatever it is) then put your new image. now there will be alpha and a 1 next to it change to a 0 and save mods and run fable. there is your basic modding tutorial.
i know this is stickied but i am bored and to keep you from having to waste time

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

thanks a lot +rep. Is tlc online?

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

Urahara;276897 said:
thanks a lot +rep. Is tlc online?

unfortunetly, no since it was never planned while it was being made.
but maybe in the future someone will somehow make a mod that allows online play but that would need permission from lionhead and microsoft first. but everyone would look the same and all have plate armor.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

k. I have never modded anything in my life but I want to, if you're a member of the forums you sent me can you send me a friend request (My name is the same as on here)

And could you maybe send me a long message explaining what everything is? There's +rep involved ^_^ (and when I mean everything, I mean what all the fmps and doodads are, and all that stuff. I'm a quick learner so it shouldn't be too torturous)

You could be my teacher or something :lol:

Note: Bare in mind I've never played TLC and I probably wont for a week or two, so just go over the basics if you are going to. Cheers.