• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim Discussion: Hints, tips, help and service.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I'll see if Merunes temple respawns Daedra I didn't think about that, I'll checkout most alchemical shops aswell, betting solitude's has some.

So I finished the thieves guild quest and everything but didn't get the achievement
Do I have to do all the side quests or something?
One with the Shadows 30
gp-g.png

Returned the Thieves Guild to its former glory

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Can I just say that Elemental Fury is insane to the point of being unfair? I found it by accident today and when used in conjunction with my two unenchanted daedric swords, the dual flurry perk and the one handed damage bonuses I'm un. ****ing. stoppable. It broke any challenge in the game because I can dice up anything in the blink of an eye. I'm level 20 and I killed a Frost Troll before he could hit me twice. I can now take down any dragon I run into without healing.

Enough talk. Other people have found this piece of ridiculousness on YouTube apparently.
This shout has to be nerfed.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Do you know the specs of that shout when you have all three words? It's more the Daedric weapons I've found, once you get to daedric in smithing the game becomes skewed in your favor dramatically. I had two Daedric swords with 100 enchanting for two effects, 25 absorb health and 30 flame damage plus extra damage from being burned, I can literally take out anything.

And to be fair dragons are kind of weak, it's more about watching your health bar that's the challenge.

I feel like magic was a let down from as far as Oblivion, mostly because you can't make your own spells, I as hoping they'd do that and let you make staves aswell, making God spells was so fun in Oblivion.

I think I might be missing or looking over it though, what are the coolest/ strongest spells you guys have found?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
So I finished the thieves guild quest and everything but didn't get the achievement
Do I have to do all the side quests or something?
One with the Shadows 30
gp-g.png

Returned the Thieves Guild to its former glory
Same here - I believe you also have to do all of Vex and Devlin's (sp?) quests before you can be called Guildmaster. Apparently there is a glitch with this whereby if you complete the main thieves story first without the side quests, you can never become master. I'm currently about to find out if this is true and I hope to goodness it's not because I will be severely hacked off if my entire file is useless...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Actually it is a bigger mess than that, Angel. You know that NPC that gives you seemingly endless random quests to do sneaky thief stuff? Well, my friend discovered that you have to do like 10 of those in each of the Hold and then you get the achievement.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Oh great...I've done about 3 numbers jobs so far and not even touched the other two options. And I've not spoken to Vex about her jobs yet. This is going to take FOREVER...

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Well damn, I like the heist side quests and the special stone quests aswell, I just wish I could keep all the special rare quest items to decorate my house.

Does anyone know the benefits of becoming master thief?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
If you mean master of the guild then it's boosted armour and access to a chest with loot in every so often. You can't get this achievement if you get rid of the thieves armour though...it's needed for the upgrade

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
To anyone who's been doing the thieves guild or the Dark Brotherhood is sneaking as necessary as it was in Oblivion?
OK, sneak wasn't necessary for the Dark Brotherhood but you could often get extra rewards for being stealthy and tactful.

My character wears heavy armor and his sneak is still around 20. He couldn't sneak past someone who's been sedated.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
You could bash your way through all the quests but it's the same as Oblivion, some quests reward you for doing a better job.

Alot of quests take place within holds so if you can't sneak or pick locks it's going to be alot harder. Also there are alot of enemies per given quest it might be challenging. For instance one quest you have to sabotage a mansion, it has like 30 boss level bodygaurds with alot of health.

I find stealth to be one of the best skills, sneaking up behind someone and 6x damage is magnificent, 15x damage with daggers, or slipping poison into peoples pockets and killing them right in the middle of a square without getting caught.

I did a quest that was glitchy as hell, if you use a dragon shout in dragon reach sometime after a courier will give you a letter pinpointing you to a dungeon called amberdean or something, your supposed to find a treasure only a dragonborn can unlock, I'm guessing it's a dragonshout. I was attacked by a summoned storm atronach and he got me with an ice spike in my arm, it never dissappears though I think it's stuck forever. You have to pull two levers to open a door, it glitched and the door won't open no matter what I do. The whole thing really ****ed me off..

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Oh great...I've done about 3 numbers jobs so far and not even touched the other two options. And I've not spoken to Vex about her jobs yet. This is going to take FOREVER...

I think it totals up to between 40 and 50 jobs.

I find stealth to be one of the best skills, sneaking up behind someone and 6x damage is magnificent, 15x damage with daggers, or slipping poison into peoples pockets and killing them right in the middle of a square without getting caught.

How dumb can the general populace of Skyrim be? "Oh what's this vial full of foul green liquid that has appeared in my pocket? Well, I was getting thirsty so bottom's up!"

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I think it totals up to between 40 and 50 jobs.

How dumb can the general populace of Skyrim be? "Oh what's this vial full of foul green liquid that has appeared in my pocket? Well, I was getting thirsty so bottom's up!"
Or the fact that you can steal the clothes right off a man's back XD I don't think the term kleptomaniac adequately defines it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Actually it is a bigger mess than that, Angel. You know that NPC that gives you seemingly endless random quests to do sneaky thief stuff? Well, my friend discovered that you have to do like 10 of those in each of the Hold and then you get the achievement.

Ive been wondering that too and ive done about 7 of them and thought 'Do these ever end or can I just keep picking them and making endless amounts of cash?'. So that answers my question. :lol:

By in each of the hold do you mean in each section? Like Burglary, Heist etc?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I only did 3 of them on my last account I ruined it by finishing the main quest.

I wish I could get Vex's black thief suit.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
As far as I could see, they were random. You have to go through the arduous task of making a check-list and dropping/accepting jobs until you find ones that will help your progress towards the achievement.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
As far as I could see, they were random. You have to go through the arduous task of making a check-list and dropping/accepting jobs until you find ones that will help your progress towards the achievement.

I will just keep going through them and see what happens.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So I got a weird glitch yesterday, albeit random. Dragon was soaring overhead roaring like it was on its period and I prepared for yet another epic battle... next thing I know it swoops down, lands on the ground and then it just dies? Nobody even touched it and I'm the only one around. Then another dragon spawned right after it, flying overhead only to circle around once then fly off into the distance never to be seen again.

What the hell?