• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Smoking weed? Your views?

D

DragonMaster91

Re: Smoking weed? Your views?

Weed is not much worse than caffeine. Heck, weed can be better than caffeine from what I have heard....

Weed slows you down too... Helps you calm down.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

yes, weed does actually calm you down, actually someone that is high is much less likely to do something voilent compared to someone who is drunk, or even sober. so in that aspect its a bit safer than alcohol. they both kill the brain and prolong usage will kill a person, so i agree with arseface that it should be all or nothing.

plus, think of all the police time and tax money that is wasted when someone who has a little bit of pot on them gets caught. really, what have they done wrong? they didnt harm anyone.

and think of the gang activity and smuggling and other dangerous/stupid things some people do to get it, or get it into a country. if it was legal and regulated there would be no need for them to do it. so gang activity would go down a little.

as long as there are laws there will be law breakers, and even if it was legal i probly wouldnt use it for fear of its affects. but i think its sutch a minor crime and a waste of time to enforce.

i think it was legal up until about the 1930s, up until then it literally was a weed, it was outlawed as a sort of prohibition, and we all know prohibition fails.

D

DragonMaster91

TJ Griffin;281123 said:
yes, weed does actually calm you down, actually someone that is high is much less likely to do something voilent compared to someone who is drunk, or even sober. so in that aspect its a bit safer than alcohol. they both kill the brain and prolong usage will kill a person, so i agree with arseface that it should be all or nothing.

plus, think of all the police time and tax money that is wasted when someone who has a little bit of pot on them gets caught. really, what have they done wrong? they didnt harm anyone.

and think of the gang activity and smuggling and other dangerous/stupid things some people do to get it, or get it into a country. if it was legal and regulated there would be no need for them to do it. so gang activity would go down a little.

as long as there are laws there will be law breakers, and even if it was legal i probly wouldnt use it for fear of its affects. but i think its sutch a minor crime and a waste of time to enforce.

i think it was legal up until about the 1930s, up until then it literally was a weed, it was outlawed as a sort of prohibition, and we all know prohibition fails.
Yea, on top of all the tax money and time, someone could get fired at their job, and owe the government thousands.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Legalize it.

That and prostitution.

It's only bad because all the aspects that being an illegal substance brings with it. Same with prostitution. If you legalize and controlled it with a hooker's union and whatever, and they didn't have to suffer under ruthless pimps and what-have-you, things would be a lot better.

As for using weed? Anything that clouds your judgment and mental capacity is plain idiotic to use.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

weed calms you down
makes you happy
makes art better
music better
good for illness

and according to some show i saw once (i forgot what where or when...what a stereotype lol) the plant was banned due to anti-marijuana campaigning from two paper company entrepeneurs who would have gone out of business because of the cheap availability of hemp which could be used to make finer paper.

yes it affects your memory, but mostly your short-term. effects are not permanent, if you stop for a month or so it all comes back! :)

lastly i am a firm believer that smoking PERIOD is a cause for loung cancer....i believe that cancer is the result of irritation from foreign substances, so while tobacco smoke may be much worse for you, marijuana smoke has effects too. check Bob Marleys cause of death for evidense.

so, with all of that in mind, i say without a doubt legalize.

EDIT: i'd also like to add that all of this talk of clouding judgement and what-not isn't completely true. the current idea is that it affects your confidense in what you can and can't do. a person who is high is much better at driving because it is possible to stay alert, people just tend to believe that they are more impaired than they really are when they are high.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

If Gods real, Why did he make it?

My point is done. Haha.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

... what point?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Led;281129 said:
weed calms you down
makes you happy
makes art better
music better
good for illness

I don`t see why all people can`t see the future-utopian full-of-peace- world we would live in?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

hey, if the world was full of all stoneres, we wouldnt have war. :lol:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah, but I think the 60's proved that we wouldn't have a world at all to fight about, neither.

D

DragonMaster91

ScareCrowReturn;281144 said:

My point is done. Haha.
The bible actually says to smoke it, believe it or not...

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;281168 said:
Yeah, but I think the 60's proved that we wouldn't have a world at all to fight about, neither.
but there would be a lot of great music festivals :lol:

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;281144 said:

My point is done. Haha.

That has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

I think the fact you can be arrested for "Suspiction of carrying weed" is a load of **** man. I don't smoke weed much anymore and if i do i make sure its inside, but i was walking home from school and rolled myself a cig (Now when i roll a cig i make it BIG using two papers and alot of bacci) And i was just walking home when a police officer Jumped me yeah he actualy jumped me then took my cig and told me i was under arrest for suspiction of smoking cannabis, i mean the cig obviously wasn't a spliff, yet he took it off me and then arrested me and took me to the station, i was sat there for an hour explaining it was tobaco. Stupid cops, just because its a roll up made with a roach doesn't mean it's weed..

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;281154 said:
... what point?

MY "If Gods Real Point". When i said my Point I meant by saying Don't reply argueing to this. It would be off topic.

D

DragonMaster91

ScareCrowReturn;281307 said:
MY "If Gods Real Point". When i said my Point I meant by saying Don't reply argueing to this. It would be off topic.
Your point is not even true. Even if he did put it here and not want us to smoke it. It would be to test us.

Scarecrow was right about this part, I should have not said Anti-Christians, although he has certainly proved himself to be.

It should be legal, if anyone knows why Americans really made it illegal.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Most people here arent anti-christian, just atheist...

D

DragonMaster91

Firis;281332 said:
^Most people here arent anti-christian, just atheist...
All I really wanted to say is that Scarecrow was not being atheist, but anti-christian.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^That is inticement, you want someone to ask you something so you can tell them off yet still have the "Dont say I didnt warn you!" thing... just say it!! If you dont want to say it dont post... back on topic: Weed is bad, dont do it, but isnt evil and shouldnt be illegal!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i disagree, weed isn't bad. some people abuse it and give it a bad name. just like an alcoholic except without any physical addiction.