• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so Fable 3 confirms our suspicions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Actually, Fable 3 confirmed nothing. She said it herself that she had to warn the king and ONLY the king of the dangers. She didn't even tell the Hero himself of the dangers until he became King. And remember that she aided him to the revolution to save Albion. I think she had to make Logan corrupt to a point where the Hero decides to do something about it so he can get the throne. She also said that only a Hero with a crown can defeat the Darkness.

To me Theresa being evil makes no sense really. You guys have to remember she is a Hero aswell and her brother was a Hero and so far she has been on the good side and has (yet) not done a single evil deed.

Just because she's a hero doesn't mean she's good.
Also, Logan never needed to become a Tyrant. He was a good leader until Theresa stepped in. She could have stopped him turning Bowerstone into a pit of depression and death. There is no justifiable cause for that. Just because she might be under the guise of "doing it for the greater good" that doesn't make us blind to the fact that she has directly caused more suffering in Albion than even Jack Of Blades ever could.

She could have spoken to both the Hero and Logan, together, and ultimately allowed them to form a bond, with the Hero's power and Logan's knowledge of ruling, the dangers from Aurora would have no chance. None of Theresa's actions are those of a logical person, or even those of a person who has the ability to see the bloody future, all possible future outcomes of any action at that!

EDIT:

A small idea I forgot to put into the original post:
If we forget the "power hungry Theresa" idea for a second, there's something else I always considered. Did anyone ever question if Theresa really CAN see the future as clearly as she states? Perhaps even with the Spire it's still not full clairvoyance. I submit that perhaps Theresa is so driven by her "power" to see, that she does everything in her power to make her visions come true. As if she sees herself as a guiding hand of fate. [It's not like she doesn't try to guide every other person. Why should fate itself be exempt?:p]
It's a small, but slightly plausible idea. Still, this, or the power-hungry-plot, or any of my ideas, if they proved to be true could make Theresa one of the best written characters in a game that we've seen in a long time. Or she's completely transparent and is good and holy but slightly questionable because its lionhead and lets be honest when do they ever do things right.

Reaction score
Well she gave a pretty valid reason for why she needs the Spire - it gives her more power. If the Spire didn't effect her in any way, why would she need it? I mean, if she were evil and needed it for evil deeds, and it had no effect on her at all it's just useless. So we can pretty much agree that the Spire effects her powers.

I totally agree on the part when she wants to leave immediatly, it is weird, but who knows. To me it seems that she cannot tell everything to everyone, and only on special occations. It seems more like she is working for someone. You've to remember that she kept the Darkness a secret until he became a king. She also said she couldn't tell him unless he was the king.

So yea, I agree on some parts. But I still don't believe she is evil, but if it would happen, we would just see a Maze-clone.
Were there you go, you said it right there, "she needs the spire for power", first off why would she ever need more power? secondly it has to be for something, and thirdly, she states that she couldnt tell you until you were king cuz she didnt think you would want to do it, something like that, and as for working for somebody, that hasnt crossed my mind yet, any ideas?

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
She's probably good but corrupt. If it's true, and if she's doing everything for power, it means that she's corrupt. However, she's not doing any evil deeds. She seems to favor the hero choosing the good path in Fable 2. She also uses her ability to see the future, that also means corruption.

Reaction score
Just because she's a hero doesn't mean she's good.
Also, Logan never needed to become a Tyrant. He was a good leader until Theresa stepped in. She could have stopped him turning Bowerstone into a pit of depression and death. There is no justifiable cause for that. Just because she might be under the guise of "doing it for the greater good" that doesn't make us blind to the fact that she has directly caused more suffering in Albion than even Jack Of Blades ever could.

She could have spoken to both the Hero and Logan, together, and ultimately allowed them to form a bond, with the Hero's power and Logan's knowledge of ruling, the dangers from Aurora would have no chance. None of Theresa's actions are those of a logical person, or even those of a person who has the ability to see the bloody future, all possible future outcomes of any action at that!

EDIT:

A small idea I forgot to put into the original post:
If we forget the "power hungry Theresa" idea for a second, there's something else I always considered. Did anyone ever question if Theresa really CAN see the future as clearly as she states? Perhaps even with the Spire it's still not full clairvoyance. I submit that perhaps Theresa is so driven by her "power" to see, that she does everything in her power to make her visions come true. As if she sees herself as a guiding hand of fate. [It's not like she doesn't try to guide every other person. Why should fate itself be exempt?:p]
It's a small, but slightly plausible idea. Still, this, or the power-hungry-plot, or any of my ideas, if they proved to be true could make Theresa one of the best written characters in a game that we've seen in a long time. Or she's completely transparent and is good and holy but slightly questionable because its lionhead and lets be honest when do they ever do things right.

Some of that spreaded light on some of my theories, first off, maby she had this planned from the beggining, she just planned out how to acheive whatever "this"(as in what she wanted) is to get there. It could be anything but only a good selection applies to theresa,(we could go over that here if yaw would like), I agree with the bonding part, as for her being evil, Think of it this way, F2 she lead the hero on the quest to get the spire, but she claimed it was so the hero could kill lucien(revenge, but out of no where she claims the spire, its just not right, i mean there is something to it and i want to kno, she needed that spire for something,(maby another 3 wishes).

Reaction score
She's probably good but corrupt. If it's true, and if she's doing everything for power, it means that she's corrupt. However, she's not doing any evil deeds. She seems to favor the hero choosing the good path in Fable 2. She also uses her ability to see the future, that also means corruption.
It her manipulating everybody (the hero) to get what she wants, read the long post above this, to understand the whole convo.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
In my opinion she also sends the guard to kill Hammer's Father at the Temple.

At first, she is all pacifist, not looking for a fight. Theresa comments on this, Saying that we need a Warrior not a pacifist monk.

Soon, very soon, her dad is killed by Lucien's Guards.

Just why would Lucien send out a lone Guard to kill the Abbot of the Temple? No reason really. Which is why I think it is Theresa.

A Shadow at the Shadow Court also looks like her, has the same character model, and formations, and movements.

Theresa's probably the one who keeps Reaver alive, and the Shadow was probably her.

Theresa is a badass character to me though. I like'er.

Reaction score

At first, she is all pacifist, not looking for a fight. Theresa comments on this, Saying that we need a Warrior not a pacifist monk.

Just why would Lucien send out a lone Guard to kill the Abbot of the Temple? No reason really. Which is why I think it is Theresa.

A Shadow at the Shadow Court also looks like her, has the same character model, and formations, and movements.

Theresa's probably the one who keeps Reaver alive, and the Shadow was probably her.

Actually i never thought about the abbot part that way, that is a high possibility, there could be other reason(plz lets discuss)
How would theresa be able to tell a lone gaurd to do it? especially luciens elite.
I could see her keeping Reaver alive, but wouldnt he kno this? and how would she even be involved? so ya.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

That was another point I forgot to add in my original post. It's really suspect. Usually Lucien's men used Shards to travel, remember? I don't recall seeing a shard at that point. It's also not Lucien's modus operandi. He doesn't go for family, he just goes and tries to kill who he wants dead. The man might be a maniac, but he's still emotionally scarred enough about his own family's death to not do the same to others.

About the Shadow Court. I think that could either be a hint at Theresa, or just sheer laziness on Lionhead's part to make a unique model for that point. Either way it's a wonderful coincidence... Or is it?! DUN DUN DUNNN

I jest. I hate Theresa. I've hated her ever since I was forced to buy her a gift in Fable 1. There's no way she deserved that.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
If Theresa can 'control' Lucien in dreams, maybe she convinced him to send a Guard there to do it.

She kept Reaver alive to fulfill the prophecy - so that way SHE could have the Spire.

If she didn't, and then Reaver died, she would never have gotten the Spire.

Reaction score
That was another point I forgot to add in my original post. It's really suspect. Usually Lucien's men used Shards to travel, remember? I don't recall seeing a shard at that point. It's also not Lucien's modus operandi. He doesn't go for family, he just goes and tries to kill who he wants dead. The man might be a maniac, but he's still emotionally scarred enough about his own family's death to not do the same to others.

About the Shadow Court. I think that could either be a hint at Theresa, or just sheer laziness on Lionhead's part to make a unique model for that point. Either way it's a wonderful coincidence... Or is it?! DUN DUN DUNNN

I jest. I hate Theresa. I've hated her ever since I was forced to buy her a gift in Fable 1. There's no way she deserved that.
I agree about the shard, and the shadow court has me wondoring.
If Theresa can 'control' Lucien in dreams, maybe she convinced him to send a Guard there to do it.

She kept Reaver alive to fulfill the prophecy - so that way SHE could have the Spire.

If she didn't, and then Reaver died, she would never have gotten the Spire.
She could have easily be in his dreams, i mean we would not have a clue until he mentions it(Lucien), cuz nobody knew till the court date with logan.

Pocket WAtch

WAtcher of Grammar Mistakes
Reaction score
I am thinking she has more of a neutral evil feel. She seems to want what is best for Albion (stopping JoB, not letting lucian uses the spire for himself and helping to stop the Crawler) but she certainly has some extra motives.
Hopefully she will be further explored in dlc or in the next 2 games.

You know what...I think that the shadow court thing was straight laziness on lionheads part....but the idea that she is part of it to keep reaver alive is a good theory...personally I like it because it infers a deeper connection to shadow/the void/the Court (Jacks court, not the shadow one) because god damn it I want a villain like JoB again.

Xeno

Reaction score
(Spoilers)
In See The Future Theresa states that she needs the Spire to see all possible futures to save Albion from a threat (The Crawler & Children). She tells Logan about it first after he goes to Aurora and is nearly killed by them. Theresa tells Logan that they will come to Albion in a few years to destroy Albion. He then goes about preparing for the day they attempt to invade by focusing more on strengthening Albion than caring for the people. By doing so Logan has made the people of Albion lose trust in him as a leader which would have caused a rift and thus the destruction of Albion from the Crawler. Theresa seeing thus from using the Spire needs a new Hero or Albion will be doomed. Then the Prince/Princess finds the Guild Seal and is able to communicate with them. Theresa then assists the Prince/Princess in becoming Ruler so that they may protect Albion. She doesn't tell them about the Crawler because the Prince/Princess would not have focused on Logan and most likely not have overthrown him in time. She has done many cruel things, but it has been for the greater good of Albion. She even gave the Hero of Fable II the option to bring back all those who died in the construction of the Spire.

Reaction score
(Spoilers)
In See The Future Theresa states that she needs the Spire to see all possible futures to save Albion from a threat (The Crawler & Children). She tells Logan about it first after he goes to Aurora and is nearly killed by them. Theresa tells Logan that they will come to Albion in a few years to destroy Albion. He then goes about preparing for the day they attempt to invade by focusing more on strengthening Albion than caring for the people. By doing so Logan has made the people of Albion lose trust in him as a leader which would have caused a rift and thus the destruction of Albion from the Crawler. Theresa seeing thus from using the Spire needs a new Hero or Albion will be doomed. Then the Prince/Princess finds the Guild Seal and is able to communicate with them. Theresa then assists the Prince/Princess in becoming Ruler so that they may protect Albion. She doesn't tell them about the Crawler because the Prince/Princess would not have focused on Logan and most likely not have overthrown him in time. She has done many cruel things, but it has been for the greater good of Albion. She even gave the Hero of Fable II the option to bring back all those who died in the construction of the Spire.
I see what your sayign, but your not really gettin into it like we are above this

Rebun

Reaction score
theresa smells like "final boss" of fable 5

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
Like I said on the sister thread.
  • If Theresa didn't warn Logan, Logan isn't an dick.
  • If Logan isn't a dick, there's no Revolution (He was a good ruler up until he knew)
  • No Revolution means no Hero-King.
  • No Hero-King means the Crawler wins and destroys Albion.
You can't really argue with the facts. Everything she does is for good reason.

• If Theresa didn't coerce Rose to buy the Music Box, then she wouldn't have died.
  • If Rose hadn't of died, (And you getting shot out with window) you wouldn't of had the drive and reason to unlock your powers.
  • No powers means no killing Lucien.
  • Lucien still alive means the New Kingdom brought in and everyone killed.
So what if she's a bit shady? She's never done anything explicity bad. Without her intervention in anything, the world would've been destroyed, what, two maybe three times? JoB, Lucien, Crawler.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Like I said on the sister thread.
  • If Theresa didn't warn Logan, Logan isn't an dick.
  • If Logan isn't a dick, there's no Revolution (He was a good ruler up until he knew)
  • No Revolution means no Hero-King.
  • No Hero-King means the Crawler wins and destroys Albion.
You can't really argue with the facts. Everything she does is for good reason.

• If Theresa didn't coerce Rose to buy the Music Box, then she wouldn't have died.
  • If Rose hadn't of died, (And you getting shot out with window) you wouldn't of had the drive and reason to unlock your powers.
  • No powers means no killing Lucien.
  • Lucien still alive means the New Kingdom brought in and everyone killed.
So what if she's a bit shady? She's never done anything explicity bad. Without her intervention in anything, the world would've been destroyed, what, two maybe three times? JoB, Lucien, Crawler.

Wrong.

All Albion needed was HERO at the throne, Logan wasn't one, that's just that. Theresa needed him out of the way. Instead of saying to him "hey, I need your sibling on the throne or everyone in Albion dies" he would have given it up in a heartbeat. Logan hated being on the throne, it clearly caused him much inner-turmoil, and the fact that he was willing to be a hated man, to cause thousands to die, starve and suffer under his rule to stop Albion being destroyed means that he would QUICKLY accept that his sibling take the throne if it meant Albion would be safe from the Crawler and that the people would be free to live their lives without such pain. Logan never wanted any suffering in his kingdom. Theresa had the power to stop him at any moment, yet despite this she let the people of Albion fall into an abyss of tyrannical rule fueled by madness, and despair!

Further more, the only reason Rose died was to further Theresa's cause. The only reason anything happened in Fable 2, the only reason people, the only reason the spire was constructed, was because of THERESA. Every single person in the plot was nothing more than a pawn on her demented chessboard.

Even Lucien never deserved to die. He didn't want to destroy Albion, he wanted to turn it into his own kingdom! He wanted power and the people of Albion to follow him under his banner, NOTHING more.

Also, as I've explicitly stated previously, Rose didn't even have to die if Theresa hadn't lead Lucien so blindly. He could have used them, and given his already existing knowledge of Old Kingdom history, Heroic bloodlines, etc, he would have no doubt been able to teach Sparrow about his lineage and blood right to power.

While I admire that you stick strongly to your opinions, they seem to be based on terribly poor judge of character. It's like you're taking everything at face value.

EDIT: It should also be noted that that the Spire would not have been constructed had it not been for Therea's selfish want for power. She was the strongest driving force behind Lucien's actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.