• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Someone stole winter...

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
It's raining here too. I love rain.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
This winter's been strange so far for me. It's been nice though. It's been just as cold as usual, but it hasn't rained hardly at all. No snow either, but there hasn't been snow here since the dawn of time.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Snow Miser's busy serving my every need. :devil:

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Superb. It finally started snowing. Prepare for Christmas.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Maybe your globe is being warmed or something. San Diego:cool:

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Fahrenheit guys: Y U NO USE SI SYSTEM?

For the sake of international understanding and the practice of science itself...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
It was 54 degrees today. 54! I was freezing my hair off! I want winter to leave already :(

It was sixty here a couple days ago. Beautiful weather, but IT'S FREAKING JANUARY.

Snow Miser's busy serving my every need. :devil:

I hate Mainiacs.

Ohhhhhhhh,I would of liked to watch you slip down a hill!!!

WHY DIDN'T YOU RECORD IT? Stinking whippersnappers ruining all my dreams.

Fahrenheit guys: Y U NO USE SI SYSTEM?

For the sake of international understanding and the practice of science itself...

Item #1: Celsius guys: Y U NO USE SI SYSTEM?

Item #2: Times when Fahrenheit is the preferred system: Talking to people, checking the weather for the day.

Times when kelvin is better: Science, engineering.

Times when celsius is better: Never.

Circumstances under which we are operating: talking to people. Logical reasons to use a system where water freezes at zero? Zero. If it's at zero and it's only cold enough for water to freeze, that's just wrong. Use a system based on human body heat, and when it says the temp is low, you KNOW it's low.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
Last year it snowed... and Snowed.. And Snowed some more. I recall stepping outside and it was up to my chest.

This year, It snowed ONCE. Yesterday. And it's been t-shirt weather.. Global Warming!!!

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
It was sixty here a couple days ago. Beautiful weather, but IT'S FREAKING JANUARY.

I hate Mainiacs.

WHY DIDN'T YOU RECORD IT? Stinking whippersnappers ruining all my dreams.

Item #1: Celsius guys: Y U NO USE SI SYSTEM?

Item #2: Times when Fahrenheit is the preferred system: Talking to people, checking the weather for the day.

Times when kelvin is better: Science, engineering.

Times when celsius is better: Never.

Circumstances under which we are operating: talking to people. Logical reasons to use a system where water freezes at zero? Zero. If it's at zero and it's only cold enough for water to freeze, that's just wrong. Use a system based on human body heat, and when it says the temp is low, you KNOW it's low.

Fahrenheit or Celsius just depends on where you live. But Celsius is still easier to apply than Fahrenheit and closer to the SI System I was tlaking about, since Celsius and Jelvin differ only 273.15 degrees. I mean, each step is equally as large, so converting them is not unusual. And if I hear something in Kelvin, I'll quickly be able to understand it in Celsius. But Fahrenheit needs a whole other conversion, just wasting time. On top of that, celsius is also easier than fahrenheit because it has specific points that make certain references easier, nameliy that water becomes solid at 0 degrees, and starts to boil at a 100.

But enough about that; SNOW, Y U NO FALL.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah but human body heat is a terribly imprecise measurement. It differs wildly depending on the situation. Now, the freezing/boiling point of water (and really, who hasn't used a freezer or boiled a kettle before?) is not. At an atmospheric pressure of 1 atmosphere, water freezes at zero, and boils at 100.

Besides, wikipedia says this:

Wikipedia said:
Fahrenheit observed, somewhat inaccurately, that water boils at about 212 degrees using this scale. Later, other scientists decided to redefine the degree slightly to make the freezing point exactly 32°F, and the boiling point exactly 212 °F or 180 degrees higher

So they later changed the Fahrenheit system to use the freezing and boiling points of water as a reference. Kinda ruins your argument there, guy.

Not to mention the fact that humans count in base ten. Therefore, 100 is an easier to deal with interval between boiling and freezing than 180.[/quote]

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
How often do you need that interval, HUH? For colloquial usage, Fahrenheit is better. Can both be more accurate (because the degrees are smaller) and less accurate (cause, really, what's it matter if you're off by two or three degrees? Those things are TINY!)

But yes, for precision and dealing with scienceness, kelvin gets the win.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
How often do you need that interval, HUH? For colloquial usage, Fahrenheit is better. Can both be more accurate (because the degrees are smaller) and less accurate (cause, really, what's it matter if you're off by two or three degrees? Those things are TINY!)

But yes, for precision and dealing with scienceness, kelvin gets the win.

But my point is it's easier for the human mind to deal with a gap of 100 than 180.

And besides, the milestones of fahrenheit don't even mean anything. Does anything special happen at 0 or 100?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
-30C for the past few days here. A few times the "Reel Feel/Wind Chill" Has gone to about -40C to -45C.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
-30C for the past few days here. A few times the "Reel Feel/Wind Chill" Has gone to about -40C to -45C.

You cold resistant freak.