• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Someone Worth Marrying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: Someone Worth Marrying

Azrael;329086 said:
I have had sex with loads of woman and I haven't been married to them and not once has one of them been pregnant.

well, it's happened to me before. as a man having sex with women and vice versa

R

Razorback

I can also confirm that you can lure two women to bed at once and have a threesome. Those Bowerstone shop girls are pretty skanky.

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

^I once had sex with every prostitute in Bloodstone at once. It was about a ten-some. xD

R

Razorback

Damn. It must have been raining STDs in that room.

*runs off to try it*

Of course, all this just further highlights how silly and unrealistic the romance aspect of the game is. Example: Last night I was in Bowerstone Market, and went to the house between the alchemist's and the bookstore. There I met Sarah the Housewife, and decided to try my luck. I chatted up Sarah in front of her husband, who stood there whining about it, but didn't intervene (in fact, he was responding favourable to some of the expressions I was using). I then took Sarah over to the inn and shagged her with the door open (she not only didn't mind, but actually told me she liked being an exhibitionist). The next morning she wanted to marry me, and her husband still thought I was awesome.

On another occasion I wandered into a house in Oakfield, chatted up the housewife there, and took her upstairs. When we were done, she was telling me she wanted to marry me while running off to find a guard and charge me with trespassing.

The whole system really needs to be revised.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

I'd rather have bonuses from married characters.

AKA, if you marry a black smith, discount/free weapons. Marry a Guard, you don't get fined for breaking the law (In your home town), etc.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

...can you marry a guard...? I've never tried. Maybe it's because almost all of my characters are male.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

That would be cool if guards weren't unanimously asexual for some reason.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

We should have bonuses from the person we marry. And Guards should allow you to marry them. They are always on duty and never take a break....

cetlan

Reaction score

I think it would be really cool if you could Marry other players, like people on x box live.
You could share income and exp just like if you where playing co-op.

but anyway i agree that you should be able to marry story line characters.

They should also add more Npc models instead of 12 males and 12 females.

They should also make more attractive npc all the girls in the game have a pinched look on there face as if the got slapped and where trying to hold back the pain. I want to be able to marry some one attractive like a super model or like a princess.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

I wish you could marry one of the three heros. Except Garth, hes old.....

Strange Angel

Reaction score

I definitely agree that the whole romance thing needs to be redone in the next game. It's annoying as hell going through town and having people you've never even paid any attention to begging for a ring.
"We're going to need a ring to make this official." Make what official, my restraining order against you?
"My friends keep asking me why I haven't got a ring." Have you told them it's because you're ugly?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Damn dude, you are on a necrospree. Stooooooooop is a key word here.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

hmm, some great ideas in this thread.
peter did mention that having a relation ship will develop alot involving many improvements such as character ai's and the touch system.

he also said you might be more eager to mary intro leaders such as the daughter of a mayor, which would gain you followers.
which technically is marrying not for love, like in f2, but still has advantages.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Damn... no one checks dates anymore

KAWAiiCHiBiX3

Reaction score

I would love it if there was a Saints Row 2 style customization you could do for our wife, and even the Hero.

I really did get bored of those 'bourgeois' character models that actually looked like identical twins x 655664

robynxx

Reaction score

Necromancer11;328602 said:
well, there's Alex from the "Til death do us part" quest, (s)he is one of a kind.

And even if you could marry another hero, you'd have to marry Reaver with a male character. If you listen to what he says when you first enter his rear passage with him, he mentions sleeping with someone named Andrew...he's gay

he also had two other lovers besides andrew, penelope i think and ursela.

se its likely he is bisexual

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

Necroposting is discouraged. Hmm, maaaaaaaaybe this is still allowed...?

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

Necromancer11;329024 said:
I would LOVE to watch my children grow up, teach them to be heroes and fight along side them, that would be awesome.

That would be awesome, I could make my child marry someone, so i would have a son/child in-law, and soon i could make a large family. Thus getting many people to succeed the throne! Thus making me a start of a great power of the (Insert heros last name here)!

Bluedrake

Reaction score

It would be nice if they fixed the whole thing. Half the women I've married were already married to someone else before. How come I'm the only one getting accused of bigamy/polygamy?

Status
Not open for further replies.