• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spawning Chests

K

kublkun

Re: Spawning Chests

nope theres still nothing showing up i even tried to make a new game and it still doesn't work

jwc2200

Reaction score

Do you know how to open .tng files, the files in the FinalAlbion folder?
If so, tell me which region you want the chest in and what you want in it. I will write the script and you can put it into that tng file manually.

K

kublkun

at the moment i do not but i will find out how and really where ever easyest to you. ...wait could it be that i put modded items in it cause i put the jack of blades armor in them along wiht sword of aones

jwc2200

Reaction score

If you put items in that do not exist in-game it should just ignore them, unless you made punctuation mistakes.
If you used FableExplorer to load an fmp of Jacks clothes and used the correct name in the chest script, adding modded items should work.
Try it without Jack's clothes and see.

K

kublkun

nope theres still only that chest thats in the water that not suppose to exists

jwc2200

Reaction score

I can not imagine what your problem is. You hopefully made backups of all the files in FinalAlbion, if so, replace them. If not, delete the FA folder and redo FreeRoam. That should put everything back to original. After that spawn a chest again, or just add what you want to an existing chest or barrel or bookcase.

K

kublkun

okay anoter quick one how do i find the object items in fable explorer like im looking for Archon's armor thanks

Nvm found them

max-o-l

Reaction score

does someone maybe know the answer to my problem? i have read the WHOLE topic but i can find any clues for the problem i have. couse first the chest doesn't spawn, second when i enter the guild by loading screen the game crashes. third is an asking: is it true that spawning chest's by the guild don't work?

jwc2200

Reaction score

max-o-l;196262 said:
does someone maybe know the answer to my problem? i have read the WHOLE topic but i can find any clues for the problem i have. couse first the chest doesn't spawn, second when i enter the guild by loading screen the game crashes. third is an asking: is it true that spawning chest's by the guild don't work?

First, chest not spawning: Did you right click on it in AE and check 'to ground'? The Z coordinate must be about the same as other items near the chest.

Second, game crashing: Carefully check the chest script for punctuation errors.

Third: There is no reason spawning a chest in the Guild won't work as long as the script is correct.

Good luck

max-o-l

Reaction score

thanks.iv'e also seen the chests floting in the air when i look up. trying to make a pic but... .it works just fine now. game was crashing couse i put in the wrong bombs ( these where the effects, strange iv'e found it in the object tab). also if you put more than 5 items in a cheats Crash upon entering. ( also do you maybe know couse i could not find any topics, how to make landscapes by yourself (meaning own towns eg), also that you could sell you own items in a shop(you could leave some items on the table in the shop and when you came back to you shop people would have bought some items. ye know starting yer own bisnis.

jwc2200

Reaction score

I have put up to 130 items in one chest with no problem.
I do not make my own towns, if I did I'm sure it could not be explained in one post. Search and study. Check here also:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=index&
Search carefully and read entire posts, only ask informed questions, don't just ask how to do it.
Setting up your own business is not likely possible, and if possible, not worth doing when there are so many easy ways to get gold.
Good luck finding what you want.

F

ferrus

I can't seem to be able to put more than 1 object in a chest and i followed you great instructions but it wont work

any help please?

jwc2200

Reaction score

Post a copy of an entire chest script, with more than one item. Maybe I can see what is wrong or, if nothing is wrong with the script, can figure out what else it may be.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Great :D too bad i dont have this for PC man if only i had a modded 360 huh? + rep

H

halarindis

§ephiroxa§;169588 said:
You made sure Freeroam worked correctly? :O Sometimes people don't rename the FinalAlbion.wad
i cant get free roam to work

G

Glenn22

I followed the steps right all the way up to moving the chest how do you do that i click on it and it just makes lines like the ones on paint, prolly not a huge problem and i'm prolly just to new to realize wat im doing wrong:blush: but could i get help plz:)

jwc2200

Reaction score

It should be as simple as left clicking the green dot once, then left clicking and holding the click to drag the dot to the place you want it, then releasing the click. Maybe you are just clicking very close to the dot and not right on it, click on the dot til you see a square around it. The instructions leave little room for error, Seph did a great job there.

G

Glenn22

ok when i add the chest a green circle comes up in the top right and inside is a blue/teal cross and 1 white pixel in the middle of that i clicked on every inch of that and it didnt do anything. another thing is when i go to move the map to see it when i zoom in the circle dissapears exept a 1/4 of it thats inside the map im totaly lost sorry fro the lots of questions but im sooooo lost :wacko:

TinyTim

Reaction score

can u do this with the freeroam fmp? and how do i get the tng editor? the link it broken