• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Super Speed?

H

HodgePodge

Re: Super Speed?

It worked for me, are you sure that you clicked apply changes?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Try editing both at the same time, as running is affected by acceleration.

H

HodgePodge

If that doesn't work, try putting the speeds and accel at REALLY high numbers. Just to make sure that it really isn't working.

H

HeMp

I've tried all kinds of different combos...for instance, changing my run and my accel...no go

changing my walk,run, jog and accel, still nothing

changing just my walk...works but I don't move faster

changing just my run....can't move.

changing my jog....still can't move.

IDK What to do....give me the values you guys have in there and I will try that.

H

HodgePodge

I don't have 'em in there. I just remember doing awhile back, when the new xml was released and I was looking at all the new stuff that was labeled.

H

HeMp

But it did work for you? I can't get it to work for some damn reason...It sucks!!

H

HodgePodge

Try posting a topic at www.fabletlcmod.com Someone there, such as Bluetooth aka Keshire, Marcopolo, or Satan. After all, they did help write FE.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Well actually, there is a "Speed" in CCreaturDef... Ooops. >.<

H

HeMp

droded;96867 said:
Well actually, there is a "Speed" in CCreaturDef... Ooops. >.<

there are hundred's of CCreatureDefs' which one could it be?

EDIT:

Found out which one it was, and still no change in the speed....IDK man I'm starting to think it can't be done.

H

HodgePodge

The one in CREATURE>CREATURE_HERO>CCreatureDef ;)

S

Sporeon

Anything can be done, just a matter of knowing how. Speaking of which, have you looked for a modifier based on your character's Speed statistic (0-7)? You could try to change that, or add higher levels. But I'm not sure if anyone knows how to do this yet.

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

yes you could but it wouldnt affect the run speed of the hero

S

Sporeon

Seems like my guy moves faster when I upgrade the Speed level. I don't know. It is something I would like to add if it doesn't affect that.

H

HeMp

For some reason when I change my speed level, my character will not move at all.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Ohoho! I've been modding without the new XML definitions! Maybe that's why I haven't been able to do much! Everything is practically unknown! Thanks! +rep

C

corestrength420

Ok, I've been looking into this for a bit now and I've found some interesting things...
Within FE at HERO_STATS ->(+)->2519 - MAIN_HERO_STATS->>new window opens (+)HERO_STATS scroll down to B953BAA1- unknown (and I have new XML defs.)
-now here's the deal...if you look above [ 33B4ED2- Spells + Attribute Levels; 815F0792 - HealthPerLevel; 2691AA17 - ManaPerLevel ] and below [ 516E13B - StealthPerLevel ] these are all associated with the Heros' upgrade stats and abilities, you can change the levels available by altering, adding or even deleting, but within each there are initially 8 slots one for his start stat and 7 for upgrade, or 7 for upgrade and 8th for final stats level :wacko:depends I haven't checked too thoroughly...
now back to B953BAA1- the numbers are on descending (float) integers in each cell from 1.2 - 0.4, which should ( again I haven't modded this yet) correspond to speed, just change each cells' integer to what you want on a descending scale. (*note- I belive the top speed is 0.2, unless you edit this.)
EDIT- I have now changed the stat in question and there are some diferences in action/speed but I can't tell if he's movin' any faster, would someone else test this to check. Thanks.
ALSO-I have found that by editing potions you can increase the speed of you hero as well.:D
Oldboy said:
-Yeah, that's what the adrenaline potion originally was ment to do (and still does, only it's not in the game by default).
Yeah, I used that [ Adrenaline Potion ] as a base and instead of AttackSpeedIncrease (ASI) at 1.4, I set the Super Health Potion ASI to 2.2 with AttackSpeedIncreaseTime at 0 instead of 30.

OldBoy

Reaction score

corestrength420;114385 said:
ALSO-I have found that by editing potions you can increase the speed of you hero as well.:D

Yeah, that's what the adrenaline potion originally was ment to do (and still does, only it's not in the game by default).