• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Eyes of Avo

L

LionHeadTex

Re: The Eyes of Avo

I like this story, it's very thick and provides many details. but also, you give an easy read to the reader, everyone can understand it...but it still has magic and it still provides many details. You also take alot of what fans want, and put it in there even if they haven't told you what they wanted. And i have a feeling it's just going to get better. Truthfully, I don't put much thought into my stories, but you sure as hell do.

It's good work. Really :lol:

(There's also alot of reality to it)

So, good job. Rep again, sorry for being late

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

That is another good thing, very easy to read.+More Rep ^_^

B

blu phoenix

Ok, I decided to make this Chapter a 3 parter..meaning there's going to be three parts, so bare with me here. I've kinda been busy lately and haven't been focusing a lot, and I've found that I've lost some of my concentration towards the story. Also, I've started yet another fan fic, which probably isn't the best idea at the moment, since I'm in the process of writing this one. Anyways, I've titled this Chapter and finished part one out of three. I guess I need some time to focus more and put more thought into this, since I'm losing faith in it...where as I should be putting a lot more into it. I suppose I'll need to be patient and I'm not the best writer so what I have is what I have.:(

Chapter 5- The Journey through Death

Part I

Four months had passed since Araken had left his home. Yes, he thought to himself, definitely a faster way to travel, remember Althea’s words. He felt tired and it felt like his energy was being drained away. He wanted to get of this mysterious ship as soon as humanly possible. He expected his journey across the sea to be long, but not four months worth of it. In the meantime Araken tried to keep himself occupied by exploring the ship, which he found extraordinary, and peruse the library below the deck. Yes, to Araken’s surprise this ship had a library. Everyday he seemed to find something new and intriguing about the ship, something new to explore. At times it almost seemed as the ship changed and new areas could be discovered. Araken still felt alone and found that there was nothing he could do to change that. Although he enjoyed reading and wandering the ship, nothing could soothe nor fill the emptiness that consumed him. He so longed to dock in Lost Bay, but he had a feeling it would be another few weeks, or longer, until he reached it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Open up in there! Open this damn door, NOW!”

Gareth could hear the guards yelling while slamming their fists on the door. He immediately got up and unlocked the door, opening it to find several guards and behind them, two men who were dressed in hooded robes.

“Ah, finally! Step outside young man, these two want to have a word with you”, said the head guard pointing in the direction of the hooded men.

Gareth stepped forward closing the door behind him and walked down the steps of the porch, staring down at the two mysterious figures. He didn’t know who these men were and why they wanted to speak with him, but the way the guards had been acting it seemed urgent. As they approached the hooded men and stood before them, one of them began to speak to the head guard.

“Thank you for your assistance, but that is all the help we need from you”, the first man said in a deep, almost trance-like voice. Gareth noticed that there were runes stitched into the fabric of the robes, which probably meant that he was of some importance.

“Alright sir, as long as you can handle this young man here. He’s been causing trouble and were not too thrilled with his behavior, especially his father”, said the head guard.
“I think we are well capable of handling him, so you can leave us now and return to your duties”, the other man replied.

After that the guards turned and walked behind the two hooded men, leaving the men alone with Gareth. The men turned around and Gareth could now get a better look at their faces. There were fading bluish tattoos that covered their entire face and it seemed that their eyes gave off the same milky blue color as well. Before Gareth could say a word, the man to his left spoke.

“Your presence honors us deeply, sire. We are fortunate to meet you at last.”
“Yes, we truly are grateful to be standing amongst such an individual,” said the other and then they both gave Gareth a bow.

“Wait, who are you people and why do you call me sire, I’m just a villager boy. And...and what are you doing here in the first place?”, asked Gareth.
“Forgive us for intruding, but this is of the upmost importance. There is not enough time to explain, but we are Apprentices from the Guild of Heroes and we have come to take you to the Guildmaster.”
“Apprentices from the Guild? But, why are you taking me away when I am supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning on a ship. This makes no sense...unless...”
“That was the original plan and it seemed as though Avisto has done his job well, but something has come up and we were forced to change our plans. You must come with us now and we will teleport back to the Guild, where you will be safe.”
“Safe? I am already safe and what has caused you to change your ‘plans’, and do you honestly think I am going to trust two strangers who just happen to claim that they are from the Guild? I am not as foolish as you may think and I’m not going anywhere!”, Gareth said confused and angry.

One of the men gave a small chuckle and answered Gareth in a calm way.

“We didn’t expect you to believe us sire, nor would you come with us without giving you the proper proof. I think this should be enough to convince you.” The Apprentice held out a small envelope and Gareth took it, opened it, and found inside was a small ring. Gareth’s eyes widened as he picked up the ring and it started to glow in his hand. This was proof. It was a Guild ring, and carved into it’s sides were strange looking glyph. He also noticed that there were small blue gems placed in between each glyph. Gareth knew that only very few people had received such a gift in their lifetime, which came only from the leader of the Guild: Maze. These rings were always mere legends and yet he was holding one right in his palm. He looked up at the Apprentices and both raised their eyebrows, smiling.

“I think that is the proof you were looking for”, said the one with the deep voice.
“Now, I think we ought to be on our way since there is not much time. The others could be here any moment and we have wasted enough precious time as it is.”

Gareth nodded, placing the ring on his finger.

“I suggest you take good care of that and do well not to lose it. It is, of course, rather valuable.”
“We need to go”, said the Apprentice, starting to walk away.
“Yes”, began the other and then he turned again to face Gareth. “Stay close to us as we lead you to the portal. Once we get there we shouldn’t have any trouble, and hopefully we won’t come in contact with anything on the way. Remember to stay close to us, sire. It is vital that you make it to the Guild safely. Now let’s go.”
They headed down past the tavern, which was loud and probably creating quite the ruckus, as usual. The sun was started to set in their general direction, making it harder to see without being blinded. The portal was located up on a hill, opposite of the lighthouse. Gareth tried to keep up with the others as best he could, but he found that the Apprentices were much faster and it was making him physically tired. Only a few more seconds, he thought, before they would finally gt to the portal and be transported to the Guild. Gareth would be happy to get back into a warm building, since snow was starting to fall and the temperature began to drop. They reached the hill to find that the Cullis Gate had been somewhat destroyed, chunks of the ancient stone lying everywhere. Gareth’s stomach clenched up and he thought he was going to hurl.

“What the-”, whispered one of the Apprentices shocked by the site before him. The other looked down near the bottom of the Gate and began to study it.
“Looks like this was destroyed by a summoner, considering the accuracy of these marks here.” Then he turned towards Gareth and said, “You need to go alone. Here take this and it will teleport you to the Guild. We’ll stay here and make sure protect the rest of the people in the village.” And he handed him a large bronze, circular object, which he could only guess was the Guild Seal.

“Now go, sire. The sooner you arrive the better, and we can ensure that the townsfolk are safe. I will see if Avisto can join you there, but shortly after arriving here he seemed to disappear”, said the Apprentice who was standing upright and he placed his hand on the Seal and started to chant in another language which Gareth again couldn’t make out. He noticed as he looked down at the Seal that there were more glyphs etched into the surface and they began to glow a very bright blue. As he looked over and the Apprentice on the ground, now picking up small pieces of rubble, he slowly faded out of view.

“It will be ok, trust me, sire”, was the last thing Gareth heard, before he saw nothing but a strong bright white light...and then darkness.

Araken awoke to find that he was freezing and it appeared that snow was falling down onto him as well as the ship. He found himself tangled in a small thermal blanket that he had covered himself with before he slept. As he got up, he looked up and leaned over the side of the ship, and was amazed by what he was looking upon. The Lost Bay! It had to be, but how, and when the hell did he arrive. He also wondered how long he had slept and why he hadn’t felt the ship hitting the shore...or did it. Again, Araken looked over and down towards the bottom of the ship. They obviously hadn’t hit anything, since the rope was out from the ship and attached to a small wooden pole. He didn’t care now what had happened and if the ship suddenly picked up speed along the way, but rather gathered his belongings and set foot on the snowy path that lay before him. He could see large stone stairs that he would have to climb in order to reach the top of the hill, but it didn’t look too much of a hassle. He would just take it easy and slow, and as always he needed to be cautious of his surroundings. Araken shuffled his way through the snow and up the stairs, trying his best to keep warm. He hadn’t yet changed into the wool clothing that Althea had given him, but he knew he should soon before freezing. Continuing up the path he came across an old abandoned building, with half of the roof missing. He decided to rest there for a few minutes and use his time changing. As soon as he took off his clothes, his skin hit the ice cold air, which nearly made his joints stiff and frozen. Araken’s throat was incredibly dry and he could use a nice cup of soup or ale, but he tried to push those thoughts out of his mind until he got to Snowspire, then he could really get some rest. After pulling on his new clothes Araken picked up his belongings and continued walking up the stairs, only to come to a huge dead end. A massive boulder of ice stood in his path and there was no way to get around it without climbing over it, but seeing as the edges of the rocks looked extremely sharp he didn’t want to take the chance of getting hurt. Araken stood and tried to ponder another way to get around the boulder, but with the cold air, he found he couldn’t concentrate. Suddenly he heard a low growl that seemed to be coming from the direction of the large icy boulder. Out of curiosity, Araken moved towards the boulder slowly, clenching his hands together. As Araken came closer to the boulder, it began to move out of it’s original place, and started to rise out of the ground. Araken’s eyes widened and huge sharp rocks emerged from the ground. The shape of the boulder was changing and into a large sort of troll like creature. Oh no!, thought Araken. An Ice Troll!

If there any errors at all I apologize and I'll get to them later.

Part 2 coming soon(along with some more action...sorry for so much background and talk-talk.)

B

blu phoenix

Ok, I decided to make this Chapter a 3 parter..meaning there's going to be three parts, so bare with me here. I've kinda been busy lately and haven't been focusing a lot, and I've found that I've lost some of my concentration towards the story. Also, I've started yet another fan fic, which probably isn't the best idea at the moment, since I'm in the process of writing this one. Anyways, I've titled this Chapter and finished part one out of three. I guess I need some time to focus more and put more thought into this, since I'm losing faith in it...where as I should be putting a lot more into it. I suppose I'll need to be patient and I'm not the best writer so what I have is what I have.:( Oh and I'm sorry, but I probably won't be writing for a bit.:(:(:'(

Chapter 5- The Journey through Death

Part I

Four months had passed since Araken had left his home. Yes, he thought to himself, definitely a faster way to travel, remember Althea’s words. He felt tired and it felt like his energy was being drained away. He wanted to get of this mysterious ship as soon as humanly possible. He expected his journey across the sea to be long, but not four months worth of it. In the meantime Araken tried to keep himself occupied by exploring the ship, which he found extraordinary, and peruse the library below the deck. Yes, to Araken’s surprise this ship had a library. Everyday he seemed to find something new and intriguing about the ship, something new to explore. At times it almost seemed as the ship changed and new areas could be discovered. Araken still felt alone and found that there was nothing he could do to change that. Although he enjoyed reading and wandering the ship, nothing could soothe nor fill the emptiness that consumed him. He so longed to dock in Lost Bay, but he had a feeling it would be another few weeks, or longer, until he reached it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Open up in there! Open this damn door, NOW!”

Gareth could hear the guards yelling while slamming their fists on the door. He immediately got up and unlocked the door, opening it to find several guards and behind them, two men who were dressed in hooded robes.

“Ah, finally! Step outside young man, these two want to have a word with you”, said the head guard pointing in the direction of the hooded men.

Gareth stepped forward closing the door behind him and walked down the steps of the porch, staring down at the two mysterious figures. He didn’t know who these men were and why they wanted to speak with him, but the way the guards had been acting it seemed urgent. As they approached the hooded men and stood before them, one of them began to speak to the head guard.

“Thank you for your assistance, but that is all the help we need from you”, the first man said in a deep, almost trance-like voice. Gareth noticed that there were runes stitched into the fabric of the robes, which probably meant that he was of some importance.

“Alright sir, as long as you can handle this young man here. He’s been causing trouble and were not too thrilled with his behavior, especially his father”, said the head guard.
“I think we are well capable of handling him, so you can leave us now and return to your duties”, the other man replied.

After that the guards turned and walked behind the two hooded men, leaving the men alone with Gareth. The men turned around and Gareth could now get a better look at their faces. There were fading bluish tattoos that covered their entire face and it seemed that their eyes gave off the same milky blue color as well. Before Gareth could say a word, the man to his left spoke.

“Your presence honors us deeply, sire. We are fortunate to meet you at last.”
“Yes, we truly are grateful to be standing amongst such an individual,” said the other and then they both gave Gareth a bow.

“Wait, who are you people and why do you call me sire, I’m just a villager boy. And...and what are you doing here in the first place?”, asked Gareth.
“Forgive us for intruding, but this is of the upmost importance. There is not enough time to explain, but we are Apprentices from the Guild of Heroes and we have come to take you to the Guildmaster.”
“Apprentices from the Guild? But, why are you taking me away when I am supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning on a ship. This makes no sense...unless...”
“That was the original plan and it seemed as though Avisto has done his job well, but something has come up and we were forced to change our plans. You must come with us now and we will teleport back to the Guild, where you will be safe.”
“Safe? I am already safe and what has caused you to change your ‘plans’, and do you honestly think I am going to trust two strangers who just happen to claim that they are from the Guild? I am not as foolish as you may think and I’m not going anywhere!”, Gareth said confused and angry.

One of the men gave a small chuckle and answered Gareth in a calm way.

“We didn’t expect you to believe us sire, nor would you come with us without giving you the proper proof. I think this should be enough to convince you.” The Apprentice held out a small envelope and Gareth took it, opened it, and found inside was a small ring. Gareth’s eyes widened as he picked up the ring and it started to glow in his hand. This was proof. It was a Guild ring, and carved into it’s sides were strange looking glyph. He also noticed that there were small blue gems placed in between each glyph. Gareth knew that only very few people had received such a gift in their lifetime, which came only from the leader of the Guild: Maze. These rings were always mere legends and yet he was holding one right in his palm. He looked up at the Apprentices and both raised their eyebrows, smiling.

“I think that is the proof you were looking for”, said the one with the deep voice.
“Now, I think we ought to be on our way since there is not much time. The others could be here any moment and we have wasted enough precious time as it is.”

Gareth nodded, placing the ring on his finger.

“I suggest you take good care of that and do well not to lose it. It is, of course, rather valuable.”
“We need to go”, said the Apprentice, starting to walk away.
“Yes”, began the other and then he turned again to face Gareth. “Stay close to us as we lead you to the portal. Once we get there we shouldn’t have any trouble, and hopefully we won’t come in contact with anything on the way. Remember to stay close to us, sire. It is vital that you make it to the Guild safely. Now let’s go.”
They headed down past the tavern, which was loud and probably creating quite the ruckus, as usual. The sun was started to set in their general direction, making it harder to see without being blinded. The portal was located up on a hill, opposite of the lighthouse. Gareth tried to keep up with the others as best he could, but he found that the Apprentices were much faster and it was making him physically tired. Only a few more seconds, he thought, before they would finally gt to the portal and be transported to the Guild. Gareth would be happy to get back into a warm building, since snow was starting to fall and the temperature began to drop. They reached the hill to find that the Cullis Gate had been somewhat destroyed, chunks of the ancient stone lying everywhere. Gareth’s stomach clenched up and he thought he was going to hurl.

“What the-”, whispered one of the Apprentices shocked by the site before him. The other looked down near the bottom of the Gate and began to study it.
“Looks like this was destroyed by a summoner, considering the accuracy of these marks here.” Then he turned towards Gareth and said, “You need to go alone. Here take this and it will teleport you to the Guild. We’ll stay here and make sure protect the rest of the people in the village.” And he handed him a large bronze, circular object, which he could only guess was the Guild Seal.

“Now go, sire. The sooner you arrive the better, and we can ensure that the townsfolk are safe. I will see if Avisto can join you there, but shortly after arriving here he seemed to disappear”, said the Apprentice who was standing upright and he placed his hand on the Seal and started to chant in another language which Gareth again couldn’t make out. He noticed as he looked down at the Seal that there were more glyphs etched into the surface and they began to glow a very bright blue. As he looked over and the Apprentice on the ground, now picking up small pieces of rubble, he slowly faded out of view.

“It will be ok, trust me, sire”, was the last thing Gareth heard, before he saw nothing but a strong bright white light...and then darkness.

Araken awoke to find that he was freezing and it appeared that snow was falling down onto him as well as the ship. He found himself tangled in a small thermal blanket that he had covered himself with before he slept. As he got up, he looked up and leaned over the side of the ship, and was amazed by what he was looking upon. The Lost Bay! It had to be, but how, and when the hell did he arrive. He also wondered how long he had slept and why he hadn’t felt the ship hitting the shore...or did it. Again, Araken looked over and down towards the bottom of the ship. They obviously hadn’t hit anything, since the rope was out from the ship and attached to a small wooden pole. He didn’t care now what had happened and if the ship suddenly picked up speed along the way, but rather gathered his belongings and set foot on the snowy path that lay before him. He could see large stone stairs that he would have to climb in order to reach the top of the hill, but it didn’t look too much of a hassle. He would just take it easy and slow, and as always he needed to be cautious of his surroundings. Araken shuffled his way through the snow and up the stairs, trying his best to keep warm. He hadn’t yet changed into the wool clothing that Althea had given him, but he knew he should soon before freezing. Continuing up the path he came across an old abandoned building, with half of the roof missing. He decided to rest there for a few minutes and use his time changing. As soon as he took off his clothes, his skin hit the ice cold air, which nearly made his joints stiff and frozen. Araken’s throat was incredibly dry and he could use a nice cup of soup or ale, but he tried to push those thoughts out of his mind until he got to Snowspire, then he could really get some rest. After pulling on his new clothes Araken picked up his belongings and continued walking up the stairs, only to come to a huge dead end. A massive boulder of ice stood in his path and there was no way to get around it without climbing over it, but seeing as the edges of the rocks looked extremely sharp he didn’t want to take the chance of getting hurt. Araken stood and tried to ponder another way to get around the boulder, but with the cold air, he found he couldn’t concentrate. Suddenly he heard a low growl that seemed to be coming from the direction of the large icy boulder. Out of curiosity, Araken moved towards the boulder slowly, clenching his hands together. As Araken came closer to the boulder, it began to move out of it’s original place, and started to rise out of the ground. Araken’s eyes widened and huge sharp rocks emerged from the ground. The shape of the boulder was changing and into a large sort of troll like creature. Oh no!, thought Araken. An Ice Troll!

If there any errors at all I apologize and I'll get to them later.

Part 2 coming soon(along with some more action...sorry for so much background and talk-talk.)

L

LionHeadTex

I'm really pumped about your next fan fiction, sokeep it going and awesome chapter :lol:

R

Rhadiel

great work blu ^^ plus rep....sry i havn repped u for the others...ill do it now tho:)

B

blu phoenix

:lol: Thanks guys and no prob Rhadial. Ok so I've finally started on the next chapter after a while. It's going pretty good, to me, although I'm not sure when it will be done. I'm happy now that I've started writing this again, along with my other fan fic:)lol:), but hopefully the next chapter will be up soon!;)

-Blu

R

Rhadiel

ive repped u for all ur chapters so far blu...remind me in pm every time u make a new chapter k:lol:

A

Arckon

Must you build up suspence I mean I am dying over her
..............................................................^:lol:

No seriously I am dieing of built up suspence :noexpression: com' on I can't wait for more, you are an evil angel... I think, or are you and angelic devil?o_O There I go confusin' my self. Please finish soon, OOOHHH I can't wait:p

B

blu phoenix

Re: Continuation Part II Of Chapter Five

Alright, finally the continuation of the story. Not exactly what I expected, but it's a start. Anyways here's Part II of Chapter Five so please enjoy and more will come soon, I assure you. Hopefully you will like.

Part II

Floating beneath the stars, were ten small men, divided evenly across the room, forming a large circle. There lay Gareth, asleep, but close to death. His mind traveled in and out of life and death. Lost.

The ten men stood together, arms folded against their chest, their eyes upon Gareth. His journey had sent him through a portal, a plane that existed between the worlds of life and death.

For the next ten minutes the men whispered amongst themselves, while Gareth remained unconscious on the hard cool floor beneath him. Gareth's mind raced from place to place, living and the dead. There were people inside his head murmuring things, different from the voices he had heard before. They were speaking to him, about death, and life. He needed to wake up, let go of what he was holding on to. What was he holding on to?

The voices faded away and he was left in silence, darkness and cold. He was alone, and he too could feel himself fading away. Gareth then began to stumble out of the darkness and awaken to the light.

The men that stood before him, casting blue light down at Gareth, surrounding his body, called to Gareth. His eyes, shut moments ago, grew to tiny slits, where he could peak out, only to be blinded by blue lights. He came to, and looked around, rubbing his eyes and then scratching his head.

Every muscle in his body screamed in pain, but he couldn't be released from it now. Thoughts turned to questions in his mind, and he saw men surrounding him. Puzzled, by the mysterious men, and the blue light, which was being cast by the men, Gareth stood up, struggling to get off the floor. His legs wobbled, but he caught his balance. Soon the blue light dimmed, but remained circling him. They now looked like tiny orbs with misty shadows behind them. Dazzling, Gareth thought, the word suddenly pooping into his head.

All of the men, their arms back into the folding position that they were in before, were captured by Gareth's movements. Were these men real?, Gareth asked himself. Around the men stood pillars, at least twenty feet high, reaching into the nights sky. He also gathered that they were in some sort of temple, however, there were large trees towering over them, which meant they were in some sort of forest.

One by one Gareth noticed that the men were beginning to speak to him, although they spoke in a low whisper, which made it hard to hear, but focus more on their words.

“Welcome”, said one with a green sort of orb outlining his body. In fact all of them had different color orbs.
“You are not dead.”
“No, not yet.”
You are safe here, but you must go.”
“Go to the Guild, where you may find what you seek.”

Gareth turned his head to listen to each one as they spoke. They all spoke to fast, like they were twins, finishing each other thoughts and sentences. The man to his left, who had a purple orb, spoke, and rather loudly.

“We will send you back to where you need to go. This place is not for you. We may see you again, young one. Look into the Eyes of Avo, find yourself. Now be gone.”

Opening his mouth to ask questions, Gareth shielded his eyes immediately from a powerful green ray of light, shining down on him. Then he saw that everything was disappearing, the men, the forest everything, leaving him in darkness. Before he blacked out Gareth heard one of the men speak to him “Take this power along with you. Be safe. Astad!”

Four hours later...

Above him stood the Guildmaster and two Apprentices. There, in the Map room, lay Gareth, huddled in a tiny ball, in the teleportation pad. Hearing soft voices call to him, he managed to open his eyes and look around at his new surroundings. He saw the man who he automatically knew was the Guildmaster, but the Apprentices that stood at his side he did not recognize.

Struggling to stand up, the Guildmaster lent his hand to Gareth.

“Welcome. I see you’ve finally made it. Good. I know you may be a little confused, but I think a good meal and a good nights rest ought to fix that”, said the Guildmaster. He nodded to the two Apprentices and they nodded in reply, then left up the left set of stairs.

“They will set up a room for you while you stay here. I’m sure your journey was a little rough, but it’s all better now. Come, let’s get you some food and then we can talk a little, alright?”

Gareth gave a small nod and the Guildmaster led him to the grand hall, which he found was surprisingly close.

As he looked around the Guild he found that his surroundings were quite beautiful. Stone walls, etched with symbols and designs. Strength and Magic held this place together, and he found it to be mystical and marvelous.

Once they reached the dinning hall, and he got some food, the Guildmaster took his place across from Gareth. Gareth began to stuff his face full of the delicious foods that were placed before him, before he forgot his manners and noticed the Guildmaster was staring straight at him, smirking. Qickly swallowing the what remained inside his mouth, Gareth flushed bright red, embarrassed.

“Oh now there’s no need for that. I know your hungry so please enjoy and help yourself, but take your time. Remember right now you have all the time you need”, the Guildmaster said, smiling wider.

Gareth took a sip of the ale, tasting it’s sweet, but sort of tangy flavor, quite different from the ale he had tried at home. The aroma of smells coming from the bar was overpowering, and Gareth took another bite of the drumstick of roasted meat.

“Hmm...I suppose your probably wondering about everything aren’t you?”, asked the Guildmaster.
Gareth, his mouth still full, just nodded.

Chuckling The Guildmaster continued talking, Gareth listening intently.

“All this information has been a little overwhelming, I’m sure, but it’s for the best I assure you. Before I tell you too many details, I would very much like you to finish and then go to bed, to let your mind and body rest from your travels. Then in the morning we will talk all you want and you will have the whole Guild to explore for information.”

Gareth began to open his mouth to object, wanting some of his questions answered now, but the Guildmaster must have read his mind, knowing, as he quickly spoke once again.

“Please, Gareth. I know what I’m talking about and by the looks of you at this very moment you are not fit to hear what I have to say. So finish up and then I’ll take you upstairs to your room.”

Giving up Gareth nodded reluctantly and continued eating until his plate and mug were empty. Then the Guildmaster led him upstairs to a small secluded, but open room, on his right, where a warm and soft bed awaited him.

Before him stood an enormous Ice Troll, spears of ice crawling out from under the monster. Terrified, Araken stood motionless, hoping that the creatures eyesight was terrible and it could only sense things by movement or sound. Unfortunately he found that he was wrong.

The Ice Troll, spotting Araken, faced him and appeared to begin throwing large chunks of sharp icicles at him. Araken, still frozen in place, screamed for help at the top of his lungs. Everything seemed to move in slow motion, the spear of ice heading towards him, and the Ice Trolls movements. Araken gut told him to move, but fear and the coldness kept him in place. This was it, he thought. Death. Closing his eyes and letting out another scream, Araken prepred himself for the deathly blow.

Seconds slowly passed and Araken found himself still in one piece. He opened, his eyes squinting, to find the large chunk of ice inches away from his face, a shining blue light glowing around it. Moving his head slightly, he also discovered that the Ice Troll stood motionless. Focusing he could see that the Ice Troll was frozen stiff, like it had been covered by another layer of ice...or stone. That’s what it was! Stone!

Moving himself out of the path of the ice rock and moving closer to the Ice Troll, Araken heard a voice, a deep voice, yelling down at him. He looked up, and saw a tall figure standing on one of the steps above him.

“You know, you ought to learn how to defend yourself better. Next time you may not be so lucky”, said the tall figure in a raspy, almost deathlike voice. It echoed as well Araken found.

“Who the hell-”, Araken began, noticing that this man had scars all over his face, and old ripped bandages covering most of his face and body. This guy looked like a dead shell of sorts.

“Who am I? Why did Althea not tell you? I am Scythe, and for the record, boy, I just saved your life”, he said, his voice retaining the raspy sound, but growing louder this time.

Avo be praised, Araken thought silently. He had made it, and now he was standing before the legendary Hero Scythe, to whom he now owed his life to.

End of Part II of Chapter 5

(Mistakes[if any] will be fixed later).

B

blu phoenix

Decided to post Part III, more to come soon.

Part III of Chapter Five

“Good Morning”, Gareth looked up to find a girl standing over his bed. Shaken, he pulled himself up, taking the covers and wrapping them around his bare chest. The girl laughed and then moved back a little.

“I’m sorry if I startled you”, she said. “I do seem to have that affect on people.”

She certainly did, Gareth thought. She turned towards one of the smaller dressers that was facing one of the large bookshelves near the window. Gareth stared at the girl, finding her more than moderately attractive, but rather elegant and very beautiful. She was tall, a little shorter than he was, and slender, and she appeared to be around his age. He noticed that she must have caught his eyes on her and she turned to face him.

“Don’t worry, I’ve seen my share of bare chests”, she said winking. “There are clothes set up for you in the dresser here. They should be the right size, or at least comfortable.”

She turned to leave the room before Gareth asked her who she was and her name.

“Oh, I’m the Guildmaster’s granddaughter. I’m just another helping hand for most of the Apprentices around here. You may call me Lily.”

After that she smiled at him and then left the room, closing the door behind her. Lily. What a beautiful name Gareth thought as he got up and got dressed.

“Ah, I see you’ve finally prized yourself from your pillow”, Gareth heard the Guildmaster say smiling, as he made his way downstairs to the map room. Gareth was smiling as he stood before the Guildmaster, and it seemed he took notice of that quite quickly.

“Had a good morning have you...or was it just the wake up call?”, asked the Guildmaster grinning wider, Gareth’s smile vanishing, replaced by the pinkish color of his face.

“Hmm...well lad. I think you’d better eat and then we can start browsing the library for information.”

“Yes sir,” replied Gareth respectfully. It was one of the few things he had said since his arrival last night. He had hardly said a word the night before, out of exhaustion and confusion as well.

They made their way to the Guild dining hall, Apprentices and others taking notice of Gareth’s presence. They appeared to be in awe of him for some reason, which only struck Gareth as odd, but as soon as he received a fresh plate of food those thoughts quickly went away. The Guildmaster sat across from him again, but this time, however, he wasn’t watching him as closely. During the whole time that Gareth sat there people kept their distance from him, and wouldn’t utter a word to him, which Gareth actually liked. Besides last night, he hadn’t had a nice peaceful meal in a long time.

After finishing, and one of the maids picking up the dishes, The Guildmaster asked if he would like to go to the library, to search for information.

“No, actually sir, I thought I could explore the Guild a bit. I’m fascinated by this place and would like to give myself a small tour, if that’s alright with you?”, Gareth said, a little surprised by his answer.

The Guildmaster gave a small nod and said “Sure, I see no harm in that. Just remember you are here for a purpose.” Standing up, he finished with “Just come and see me in the map room or in my quarters. They are just above the armory room, in the courtyard.” Then he turned and walked back in the direction of the map room. Gareth kept his eyes on the Guildmaster, until he was completely out of sight. As much as he wanted to find out information about himself and among other things, why he was hearing those voices, he did wanted to wander about the grounds. Perhaps along the way he would meet up with Lily. Thinking about that, Gareth exited the dining hall and walked out into the sunny courtyard, a huge smile on his face.

End of Part III of Chapter Five.

Yes a very short part, but I decided that I wanted to continue more on Araken and Scythe in Chapter Six so please stay tune.

B

blue crow

Very nice + rep. My favorite part would have to be. Ah, I see you’ve finally prized yourself from your pillow”, Gareth heard the Guildmaster say smiling

R

Rhadiel

wow! great work, u write a lot for ur chapters ^^ i only do a bit of paragraphs each chapter...i should write more in my chapters...maybe in my next fanfic...which is coming soon.....

im currently making a preview of it....a summary if u will:lol:

its titled

John Galgoros and the Wizards' Locket (just for you to know)

A

Arckon

Well atleast you didn't build up to much suspence in the ending, I thank you for not trying to kill me,This is a great storyI shall rate it.

B

blu phoenix

Preview for Chapter Six. I haven't finished writing all of Chapter Six, since there is still lots more to come, so I hope to get that done early this weekend and post the rest of it. For now enjoy this sneak peak preview.;)

Chapter Six- New World, New Plans

Lost Bay, snow falling gently to the ground, forming hard mounds of ice. Sinking his feet into the freezing, moist ground, Araken stood, his eyes locked on the figure standing before. Scythe.

Can this be, he said to himself. Was the cold getting to him to make him hallucinate, or was he actually real? Seeing that the Ice Troll before him, who seconds ago was going to skewer him, remained motionless and that he wasn't dead, Araken figured this was more or less real. Since Scythe wasn't speaking and only staring at him straight in the eye, Araken took this as an opportunity to speak.

"Um...I'm Araken, and I was sent to see you. Al-..Althea sent me. She...um..said that you knew each other and that you could...well that you could help. Help with, um, my problems that I am having", Araken found that he was actually having trouble speaking to Scythe, and his speech came out as a form of muttering and stuttering. Scythe smirked slightly, showing his disgusting, worn-down, teeth. They looked like they had been there for centuries, and for all he knew they probably had been. Scythe was such an intimidating person and Araken knew that he needed to be extremely careful around him.

Scythe still did not speak, until Araken heard his deep rustic voice inside his own head.

There's no need to fear me, Araken, nor give me an introduction of whom you are. I know very well who you are. Why do you think you're here, hmm?

Araken had to take a moment and to try and answer the question, although he knew he lacked the answers. Again Scythe spoke to him in his mind.

I know you want answers immediately, but that will take time. Come and I will take you to a safer place. There you can start to work on controlling your feelings, along with your senses, and most importantly your mind. Maybe you will learn a thing or two about fighting, as well.

He finished and then glanced at the Ice Troll. Araken could start to feel himself getting hot, removing the cold feeling he had before. He knew had to fight, he told himself, and he didn't need some old fool to teach him how. His ears grew a hot pinkish color, but then he decided that now was not the time to get angry. So Araken closed his eyes, inhaled a deep breath, then exhaled, letting his anger float away. When he opened his eyes he was alarmed to find Scythe standing inches away from him. How did he get here so fast, and so quietly. Moreover, what had upset him so badly that mad him appear quite mad.

"I am no fool!", he said in a low growl. "That you will learn first, and if you expect me to help you, you will show me respect."

Araken looked down at the snowy ground and then slowly brought his gaze up to Scythe.

"I am...I am sorry, I just...", he began but he was lost for words.
"You just can't control your emotions, especially anger. It is your anger that is speaking to you. Your hate that lives inside you and if you release it, like you already have, you are extremely dangerous", Scythe said.

Araken just nodded trying to find something he could look.

"Come, let us go", Scythe said, holding out his hand for Araken to take. He cautiously grabbed hold of it, and as soon as he did he noticed that there was a blue orbing sort of fog, it seemed circling them and rising around their bodies at a fast rate. Teleportation, he thought a small smile on his face.

Araken let his eyes fall on Scythes scared face. There were bluish and gray marks on his face, but it was hard to tell with the number f bandages on his face. Soon the icy background of Lost Bay disappeared and they were surrounded by a white light. It seemed now like they were floating, and to Araken it was an amazing experience.

"Oh, and by the way", Araken began, "Althea says hello."
All Araken heard was Scythe giving off a cheerful laugh, which he had not expected, but was delighted to hear.

Minutes passed by and soon Araken could start to barely make out what appeared to be a dome-like structure, and a very old one. As the white light faded away, and his eyes adjusted, he could see three small circular stones, placed in separate corners of the structure. Inside the stone circles, foggy blue orbs, which he discovered as e focused more we shaped liked faces, were floating in them. He could also see that on each of the stone circles there were glyphs of some kind, which he couldn't make out. He turned himself to face Scythe, and he looked at him wanted answers. Instantly Scythe spoke, knowing Araken's curiosity about this place.

Grinning he said "Welcome, to Archons Shrine."

Immediately afterwards, Araken's jaw dropped.

Stay Tune!

T

TheSolusKnight

This is probably the best story ive read.
:pPP
lots of tasty rep for you

B

blu phoenix

Wow, thanks very much. I'm glad you like it.

Ok, guys I'm cooking up the next Chapter here. I might start it tonight and maybe finish.:p

B

blu phoenix

Continuation of Chapter Six-

Outside, rays of sunlight peered through the trees, giving off a clear reflection in the small stream under the bridges. Gareth found himself in a sudden awe once more, stunned by the magnificent beauty that lay before him.

People moved around him, going about their duties. He could see not to far away several Apprentices sparring in one of the enclosed training areas. The Guild remained serene, with the sun heating up Gareth's skin, but allowing a soft cool breeze to past through.

He was solely out here to try and find Lily, as well as maybe exploring the Guild Halls. He knew he needed to begin studying to try and obtain any valuable information that he might find or need, but he wanted to see her beautiful face before doing so. He skimmed the outside briefly, not finding what he most desired to see. Gareth had only the basic knowledge of the Guild, and he was unaware of where certain places were, not having a map with him.

He walked to his right and came across a well-kept gardened courtyard. To his surprise this peaceful courtyard contained some of the burial sites of many brave Hero's and well known figures in the past. Browsing the headstones quickly, he decided to leave the small secluded courtyard and venture out towards the training area, and a small building, which he thought to be the servants headquarters. Perhaps he would find Lily there.

Crossing one of the large bridges, built over a calm stream of water, Gareth stumbled upon a young gardener, who appeared to be planting some sort of blue mushroom into the ground. He noted that he was placing several of them, in a small circle. Gareth approached the gardener, but the man, quickly sensing his presence, turned and greeted Gareth with a warm smile.

"Good day", he said.
"Good day", Gareth said in reply.

The gardener stood up, holding a tiny wooden shovel, used to dig up earth to plant the mushrooms.

"Well, I suppose you are the young man everyone has been talking about, aren't you", the gardener said, folding his arms across his chest.
Taken a bit by surprise by his comment, Gareth's eyebrows raised and he struggled to get his next few words out.

"Well...I suppose I am, but I really don't know. I mean I hardly know why I am here...I mean I am here to gain information, lost information...I hope...", his words trailed off as he stared towards the ground.

The gardener just gave a soft chuckle and said, "Don't hurt yourself, trying to find the right words. There's no rush around here, mate, so don't worry, no pressure."

He unfolded his arms dropping the shovel, then wiping his hands on his already dirtied shirt.

"Most of the people around here have just been talking, that's all. Everyone knows pretty much that the Guildmaster, and of course Maze, has been trying to contact you for some time. I suppose you're of some importance or something, I don't know. I'm just the caretaker of the grounds here", he said, his eyes wandering towards a few of the servant maids passing bye. He gave a grin and winked a couple of times, the maids giggling and rolling their eyes. The gardener, eyes now back on Gareth, held out his hand.

"I'm Jakob Whittbury. I am The Guild's caretaker and head-servant, and it is my pleasure to meet you and to see that your stay here is most comfortable", the gardener said, Gareth shaking his hand.

"Gareth Stomcor, honor to meet you."

Jakob's eyes immediately widened as soon as Gareth told him his name.

"No, it truly is an honor for me to meet you at last!", Jakob replied happily, releasing his hand from Gareth's grip.

Curious, Gareth pointed towards the blue mushrooms that had just been planted into the moist earth. Before Gareth could ask, Jakob was well on his way to explaining.

"Oh, I see you've discovered the classic Blue Mushrooms, eh? Growing some around here, only for healing purposes, although it's sometimes a mystery about the affects of the fungus."

Gareth just nodded, eyes still transfixed on the blue mushrooms, before a moving hand came in front of his face. Gareth looked up to see Jakob laughing.

"Don't lose yourself to them now. Might go a little out of it if you do. I have a bit of a green thumb, so that's why I'm planting and feeding the earth with some fresh seeds. Plus, with winter coming soon, it'll need a bit of caring. Well now, can I help you with anything Gareth?"

Jakob's hand now lay on Gareth's shoulder and as Gareth began to reply he noticed that Jakob was probably a little bit older than him, maybe in his early twenties. He wore a busy beard, which he thought he should cut off, and his hair was tied back into a tight ponytail. Jakob, in Gareth's opinion, would probably be considered a handsome man back at home.

A bit shy in his reply, Gareth mumbled his question to Jakob. "Well, um...I was wondering if you could help me find someone. I'm sure you know of her: the Guildmaster's granddaughter, Lily."

Jakob grew a huge smile upon his face, showing his very white teeth and, as Gareth noticed, a pair of fangs as well.

"Taken a fancy to her now have ya?", Jakob asked, Gareth still staring at his fangs.

A little shaken, but more focused on the thought of Lily, Gareth brushed aside the sight of Jakob's fangs.

"Um...well I would like to see her very much, that's all."
"Well, then, young sir, I think you may find her in the servants quarters, in that building just over there, as you may have already guessed. I believe she's preparing some ale for some of the Apprentices. Hopefully she's not too busy", said Jakob.

"Yes, well thanks very much Jakob, for your help."
"Always happy too", he said giving a wink. Jakob turned and kneeled back down to the ground, taking the shovel in his hand and placing more of the blue mushrooms into the ground. Gareth turned towards the direction of the servants quarters, slightly disturbed by his acquaintance with Jakob, a moment ago.

Reaching the building, he saw several women, and a couple of men who appeared to be moving dishes around, and carrying other objects in and out of the building. One of the older women noticed Gareth, walked up to him and asked him if he needed something.

"Oh, uh, yes, is Lily around?", Gareth asked.

The older lady smiled and nodded, calling Lily's name. Lily came out from one of the doors leading into another part of the building, and saw Gareth standing there in the doorway, a smile forming upon her face.

"I believe you have a visitor", said the older lady servant. Lily, turned and nodded, her smile disappearing a little.

"Alright, well please hurry child, you still have work to do", the lady servant said then began to walk off, returning to her duties.

"Yes, madame", was Lily's reply, curtsying as the lady servant passed.

Lily turned to face Gareth, smiling once more at seeing him. All Gareth could do was stand there and blush, until Lily spoke. Calmly she asked "Well, can I help you with anything, Gareth?"

Inside Gareth's head there were so many answers to that question, rumbling through his mind.

Yes, well more to come later.