• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Eyes of Avo

N

ninjasouth

Re: The Eyes of Avo

Wow...your tale compared to mine...your's kicked my butt dood!!! my story sucked!!! yours rocks!!! rep+

T

TheSolusKnight

HAHA
i wish i could give U more rep on this
bcus its awesome
grrrr i want to know why they are so happy abut his presence
write more
im dyingggg

N

ninjasouth

woo...calm down bessy,

Dood...You need to write a book!!!

Put the Whole story on one thread once it's finished

good job dude man bro

B

blu phoenix

:lol::D Thanks very much guys. I'm in the process of writing the next Chapter so you'll have more soon.;):p

B

blu phoenix

TheSolusKnight;109261 said:
do you have any other fanfics ????

I do, The Darkwood Chronicles. I'm just starting there...

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score

Impressive work dude!

R

Rhadiel

Zquad;109654 said:
Impressive work dude!

u mean...dudett lol.....blu phoenix is a she lol

and yes ive read her work...very good.....prolly better than mine lol...i havent added any new chapters to mine yet.....

Z

Zingo

This was a really good fanfic!
I love the way you write, it makes the reader want more and more all the time but you only give away so much information that he must carry on reading!
Keep up the good work dudett^^

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score

I had to read it once again and i must say this is good stuff dude! ;) Keep 'em coming!

B

blu phoenix

Thanks very much for your comments guys.:)

Ok here's a new chapter. I'm still revising a little and I'm starting to work on the next chapter so bear with me here. This is what I have and right now it's untitled...just chapter 7.

Chapter Seven-

The dome-like structure of Archon's Shrine had put Araken in absolute awe. The immaculate detail, the style of the arch's, why hadn't he recognized it before.

This place preserved so much history, and even many legends. To be in such a place that Araken never thought he would see with his own eyes, was like entering a new world.

A thought came immediately to Araken's mind. Was this the building that he had vividly dreamed about recently? He didn't want to bother with questions right now, since he guessed that Scythe was more preoccupied with getting him to a 'safer place', as he called it. Watching him, he noticed that there was a path that led to two enormous bronze doors. The road looked slightly eerie, with statue's that looked like a mixture between gargoyles and demons, and also there appeared to be a reddish glow to the objects, including the huge bronze doors. Scythe must have noticed his curiosity as he walked over and spoke to Araken about the place in that direction.

"Ah, yes. Surely you've heard of The Bronze Gate?", Scythe asked looking down at Araken, who nodded. He hadn't recognized this place either. What was with him?

"So much power. Hate...evil. It all lies beyond the gates. Some people refer to it as the gateway to Hell itself. Opened long ago, all the myths are just mere superstitious tales. Still the Bronze Gate is not to be taken lightly and I do not recommend going through there. There still remains the evil that was awakened long ago, and it is said that it will never be rid of this world."

Scythe finished and glanced back up at the Bronze Gate, as did Araken. He didn't at first recognize this place nor the Bronze Gate, but he could feel the power that embraced it. It was like it was calling to him, awaking a hidden thirst or hunger that he wanted more of. Somehow, he wanted to see for himself what lay behind the Bronze Gate.

"Come", Scythe spoke taking his gaze off of the Gate and facing towards the opposite path. "Snowspire is only a few minutes away. There we will be safe and we will begin your training."

"Training?", Araken asked surprised and confused.

Scythe simply nodded and walked out into the snow, leaving Archons Shrine, Araken closely following behind. He still didn't quite grasp what was so special about Snowspire, it was only a village.

Snowspire was not what Araken had expected. It was quiet and dismal, people wandering about the village not speaking a word to one another. It was like they were totally absorbed in themselves or where they were going. He had thought that Snowspire would be full of spirit, but indeed it was quite the opposite. Perhaps at one time, it was a cheerful little village, but no more.

Scythe leading the way, took Araken up towards the tavern, which was so quiet he thought he could hear the cellar rats gnawing through the barrels. Araken could see that when they passed by some of the townsfolk they shuddered, mumbling under their breathe. People stared at him, but then returned to their dull activities, which Araken took as sort of an insult. Were the villagers really this rude or hostile to passing travelers, or was it something else that maybe had to do with Araken’s arrival. Scythe stopped dead in his tracks, standing on the wooden steps of the tavern.

“Go inside and ask the barman for a room. Preferably the best one he has, although they are very quaint.”
“But-”
“Don’t argue with me, Araken. Do as I say and then meet me at the small cemetery, next to the tavern”, Scythe said, pointing towards a small area to his right. He gave him a small bag of coins to buy the room with, then he continued on the balcony towards the cemetery.

Araken sighed, went inside and approached the barman. Nervous, Araken stuttered slightly asking the barman for a room.

“Oh, yes. Ready to help! I think we have a fairly nice room for you lad. Uh, it’ll be 150 gold.”

150 gold?! Araken’s eyes widened and his jaw automatically dropped. Did Scythe even give him enough?

The barman chuckled and asked “You do have enough don’t you?”
Searching the money bag, Araken was relieved to find lots of gold. He grabbed a handful of gold and set it onto the bar.

“Uh, I don’t know how much is there, but I think it’s enough”, said Araken, and the barman stared down at the lot of gold before him. He nodded then said, “Golly yeah, I think it’s more than enough. Here take a few coins back and I’ll set up a room for you.”

The barman then took the necessary gold needed and walked upstairs, leaving Araken alone in the tavern with fellow townsfolk. Well, Araken thought, at least the barman was somewhat cheerful. Reaming in the tavern was a man sitting at a table with some cards in his hand, and another man standing near the fireplace, wearing odd clothing and a pointed hat. At first he assumed that he was a wizard, but as he looked again he found that the man had parchment, and a couple of musical instruments strapped to his belt, which instantly gave him away as a Bard. Besides the card-player and the Bard, and the barmaid serving up some ale, the tavern was empty. Usually, taverns were meant to be cheerful and alive, a place to relax and get some entertainment, but Araken found that like the rest of the town, there was nothing so far that was thrilling him.

Servants were rushing all about the building, like bees in their hive gathering honey. Among the chaotic movement in the servants quarters, stood Gareth and Lily. Eyes locked, Gareth felt as though he couldn’t focus, however he somehow managed to answer Lily.

“Uh, yes”, he began, then clearing his throat, continued. “I was..well I was wondering if you
might wander the grounds with me, or something?”
Lily looked at him with sadness in her eyes. “I’m sorry, but I’ve got to work. We’re preparing some rare foods for a feast tonight in the Hall. I’ve got to gather some ingredients for certain things, so I’m sort of busy at the moment.”
“Oh, no problem. Ok. Well, I guess I’ll see you later, then.”
“Yes, I would like that. Good day.” And she turned on her heel and went up a set of stairs to his left.

How could he have been such a fool. Of course she was busy! Was seeing the servants rush about not clue enough? Gareth exited the building, angry at himself for his mild stupidity, and saddened that Lily could not be with him. Walking back towards the bridge, he found that Jakob was gone. He must have finished his planting as the mushrooms were tightly nestled into the ground. Gareth guessed he too was helping preparing the huge feast for tonight. It also struck Gareth as odd, that he had not been informed of this feast, but then again he remembered he had more important matters to attend to. He needed to see the Guildmaster, and then hit the books probably.

Close to the courtyard, Gareth heard someone calling his name from behind, making him stop and turn. There, coming across the bridge, was a breathless Apprentice, waving his hands at him to get his attention. Finally getting to Gareth, the Apprentice breathed, “Sir, I um, have a letter for you.” He gave Gareth a small rolled up piece of parchment bearing the Guild Seal.

“Uh, thank you”, replied Gareth starting to open up the parchment. The Apprentice nodded, and then trudged off in the direction behind Gareth.

The letter unrolled, Gareth found that the letter was from Lily, and it seemed she had written it rather quickly, considering the scribbled letters. The note read:

Meet me in the Guild Woods at midnight. Hope you enjoy the feast tonight.

Lily.

Smiling, Gareth folded up the letter, placing it in his pocket, his spirits rising by the second. Continuing along the stone path, Gareth made his way up to Maze’s Tower, seeking the Guildmaster.

Meanwhile...

Outside the cold hit Araken like a kick in the gut. The temperature had dropped a few degrees since their arrival and snow had started to fall. He walked over to the small cemetery where Scythe had told him to meet him.

“Ah, is everything alright, then? No trouble, I hope?”, asked Scythe curiously.
“No, none at all. Why would there be?”, asked Araken a little frustrated.

Scythe ignored Araken and looked at one of one of the headstones facing them. The snow had covered the headstones so well that it was difficult to make out the words upon them. Plus, Araken guessed that the headstones had begun to crumble away over long periods of harsh weather.

“Look here now, at this tombstone. Magnificent isn’t it?”, Scythe asked with pleasure.
Araken, gazing down at the snow-covered headstone could not make out what it said.
“I can’t, it’s too hard, the snow-”
“The snow is not causing your blindness, you just can’t understand it.”
Araken insulted by Scythe’s comment, folded his arms and his cheeks glowed red. Still he wanted to hear more of what Scythe had to say.
“These stones are inscribed in an ancient language, that only people who are skilled in the Ancient Languages of Albion can understand. You, of course are not one of them, but perhaps one day you may be able to.”
Araken was intrigued now. Ancient languages? He was definitely impatient to learn this ancient text that Scythe spoke of, and it sounded as though there were many languages. Scythe, like he had read Araken’s mind said, “Would you like to know what this says?”
Araken, of course nodded.

Scythe laughed and then looked down at the headstone, getting ready to reveal the message on the stone.

B

blue crow

+ rep i could really see your story in book form.

F

Fatalis

This is an excellent story, I sincerely hope you write more

T

TheSolusKnight

Wow, i havent been on in some time.
I was excited to see chapter seven done.
Cant wait until the next chapter :].

Z

Zingo

*bump*
Update this! NOW!
if its dead im going to be sad :(

R

riglaz

I please do t continue writing,I know this is ttwo years after but c'mon this is ggggggr8