• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Hordes of Hollows

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
erm... how about a player's (yours, if you don't mind) perspective of the place? I need a description of the aura of the place, the atmosphere. Not to mention the facilities that Bloodstone hosts.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
erm... how about a player's (yours, if you don't mind) perspective of the place? I need a description of the aura of the place, the atmosphere. Not to mention the facilities that Bloodstone hosts.
Well we have the bar which is usually crowded with people both concious and not. Immediatly out there's this shady GameMaster that offers to plñay Bloodstone, a pub game. If you get out of there its a very hostile place, dirty streets full of prostitutes and beggars and people who don't look exactly happy to see you. Any sane person would keep a his gun at hand while traversing Bloodstone. Why have Reaver's (later the Hero of Bowerstone's) Mansion, a huge place adorned with a lot of stolen goods, mementos from Reaver's travels as a pirate. The mansion also holds a secret passage that leads to a beach. Going back to the port will put you near T.O.B.Y's Temple, but by the time of your story it's abandoned anyway. If you're looking for a change of pace a captain will always be available to take you to Oakfield (for a sum of gold obviously).

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
Well we have the bar which is usually crowded with people both concious and not. Immediatly out there's this shady GameMaster that offers to plñay Bloodstone, a pub game. If you get out of there its a very hostile place, dirty streets full of prostitutes and beggars and people who don't look exactly happy to see you. Any sane person would keep a his gun at hand while traversing Bloodstone. Why have Reaver's (later the Hero of Bowerstone's) Mansion, a huge place adorned with a lot of stolen goods, mementos from Reaver's travels as a pirate. The mansion also holds a secret passage that leads to a beach. Going back to the port will put you near T.O.B.Y's Temple, but by the time of your story it's abandoned anyway. If you're looking for a change of pace a captain will always be available to take you to Oakfield (for a sum of gold obviously).
hmm... certainly a good place to look for a thief, yeah? I also thought of the Crawler being mentioned briefly (as another reason why the Necromancer must be defeated: you wouldn't want an army of hollowmen attacking your rear while being kept busy by shadows, right?), here:

"After the Archon (by then still called William Black) defeated the Queen of Blades, her body fell on the earth, making it barren and devoid of life (thus the desert of Aurora) from her blood sprang a being who hid in only the darkest of chambers (the place where the Court deals Judgement and which Walter thought of as a place of worship) and who plotted the destruction of the Kingdom. However, it was delayed for ages unknown by a spell of the Archon (the 'luminous spirits of the sands'). One wizard, however, recorded what happened. This wizard later became known as Hallik the Necromancer and he made a record of the spell the Archon used and (later, when he was corrupted by the Sword of Aeons) the counterspell to use for its diffusal. Centuries later, this knowledge will be used to unseal the terrible plague of darkness."

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
I'm very sorry, but I'm a new Fable. Who is William Black?

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry, but I'm a new Fable. Who is William Black?
He is the first ever Hero that Albion history speaks of; he is the first man ever regarded in Albion history who can use the Power of Will (see? Power of Will, power of William). After defeating the Court (the Queen, the Knight and the Jack of Blades), he united Albion under the title of Archon. He is the ancestor of the Heroes of Oakvale, Southcliff, Bowerstone, and Brightwall. Much speculation has also risen of him as Scythe way back in Fable 1/TLC.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
hmm... certainly a good place to look for a thief, yeah? I also thought of the Crawler being mentioned briefly (as another reason why the Necromancer must be defeated: you wouldn't want an army of hollowmen attacking your rear while being kept busy by shadows, right?), here:

"After the Archon (by then still called William Black) defeated the Queen of Blades, her body fell on the earth, making it barren and devoid of life (thus the desert of Aurora) from her blood sprang a being who hid in only the darkest of chambers (the place where the Court deals Judgement and which Walter thought of as a place of worship) and who plotted the destruction of the Kingdom. However, it was delayed for ages unknown by a spell of the Archon (the 'luminous spirits of the sands'). One wizard, however, recorded what happened. This wizard later became known as Hallik the Necromancer and he made a record of the spell the Archon used and (later, when he was corrupted by the Sword of Aeons) the counterspell to use for its diffusal. Centuries later, this knowledge will be used to unseal the terrible plague of darkness."
So you want this to take place during the timeline of the prince's arrival to Mourningwood to Te Crawler's Attack? Cause that takes like 3 years.

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
So you want this to take place during the timeline of the prince's arrival to Mourningwood to Te Crawler's Attack? Cause that takes like 3 years.
No. It would have to be stated only that the actions that the lesser Triumvirate would have an effect--a significant effect,indeed-- on the upcoming, though still far-off, war against the Darkness.

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much guys! After some time gathering ideas, the book is finally out on writing phase. I'm sorry to say that I cannot share the plot here because it might ruin the effect of the story. Anyway, I shall be mentioning the people who are part of its creation, and I'd be sure to call out on you once it's finished! Many thanks again!

BWfreak

Reaction score
Absolutely love fanfics. Not sure if you have stated this earlier in the thread, but do you plan on posting on FanFiction.net or somewhere else on the net? If so please post a link when you start writing and posting. :D

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
It would be kinda tall for a fanfic as most of the main characters are original. Anyway, I'll post a link up. After all, this is the home of that story, so everyone here has the right to the pride in saying that they are a part in its creation...