• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Story Of Mathias

N

Negabin

The Story Of Mathias

I remember when my father would take me out into the forest,and we'd eat wild blueberries...The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...ha,but it would not last for long...Almost 20 years ago...
They came so quickly,people prepared,waiting,for the inevitable.
people were..butchered,like...cattle.they burned our homes...
I woud have died that day too,but i was with my freind Jack,if i had known how he would've betrayed me,and albion,i would have killed the ******* then!i was at home,when a scout came back with reports of bandits.the town imediatly prepared.but when they came.we knew it was over....

Chapter 1 :The Raid.

Father:hey,son,wake up!your freind Jack wants you to go to the forest with him.

Mathias:But,father...It's so early!

Father:Good,the sun will wake you up,get dressed,and take this.

Mathias' father handed him a dagger,for the beasts.

Mathias: (sigh) thanks dad...

Father:get a move on!

Jack:hey,you ready to get going Mathias?

Mathias:yeah.let's go.

Jack and Mathias headed off to the forest,they had just gotten to the Lake when they heard the screams.

Bandit:hurry up you bunch'o yellow bellies!

They heard screams,swords clashing,blood spilling.
This day was a Sad one.

When Jack and Mathias got back to Oakvale,what they saw,would scar their minds for eternity.

Corpses lay scattered across the ground,most of the children were taken as slaves.Entrails of people they once knew and loved lay scattered upon rock,tree,and pools of blood.

Mathias fell to his knee's as he saw his father's body caught,in a tree.
Jack,horrified,turned and ran to find his parents,screaming along the way.
The tree snapped,and it became clear,his father had been nearly-decapitated.more deccimated body's fell,on fire.
when his father's body hit the ground,his head,rolling,landed at the feet of the boy.Mathias passed out,smacking the ground with a loud,bone chilling thud.

Theres more on the way,this is my first,so be kind,eh?

N

Negabin

Re: The Story Of Mathias

Chapter 2:The aftermath

when jack reached his house,he was horrified,his house,nothing more than a pile of ash,and rubble.his teddy bear,ironically,lay unharmed.
he found his father,dead,at where his door was.
he knew not of where his mother was.

Jack and Mathias were spotted,by balverines,had it not been for thunder,the boys would have died...

the balverines circled them,as it all looked horrible,Thunder rammed into the balverines,knocking them down,slashing them when they lunged,and thrusting his sword into those who were down.he brought the boys to the guild,leaving them with the guildmaster.

Guildmaster:eek:h,hello Thunder,who might these two be?

Thunder:2 survivor's of the raid on Oakvale.

Guildmaster:well,they don't look like much to me,but you know what your doing i suppose.
follow me lads.

The Guildmaster led the boys upstairs,Showing them their rooms.telling them they should rest.
the two were not up for long,but the only thing that allowed them to sleep,was the tears,that ran down their faces,and soaked into the pillows.

Guildmaster:wake up boys,we're heading down to the training area,were we'll see what you've got.

Jack was told to beat a dummy,with a stick,so was Mathias.they gave the dummy's 7 good wack's,then were told to stop.the guildmaster explained the value,and what experiance orbs could do.
the body's,and the fire,was forged in their mind.
but soon,nothing occupied their minds other than training.
when they graduated,they parted ways,Mathias seemed cheerier than Jack was,Jack apeared grim,and angry.
Most of the time Jack would lash out,in violent,and sudden bursts of anger,pain,and hate.
Mathias always tried to calm him.after his outbursts,he would leave,no-one knew were he went.no-one wanted to know.when they graduated,there was a quest,to save a family from bandits heading their way.naturally,jack chose to side with the bandits,while mathias chose to defend,with a small group of guards.
when Mathias saw Jack leading the bandits,he was saddened,for he did not want to fight his freind.

Mathias:please jack,fight with me against the evil,against the bandits,don't let what happened that day in oakvale corrupt you!

Jack:what do you know?!what do you care?!nothing matters anymore,people respect power,people FEAR power!no-one will stop me!not you,not those damned guards,not the guild!NO-ONE!stand aside!lest i kill you too!

Mathias:what do you mean "too"!?

Jack:you're all ignorant!those dissapearances at the guild,the bloodied clothing,hwo do you think did that?that was me!you fool!

Mathias:Jack,you are a murderer,a theif,i should have known you were evil,but why?

Jack:because,those who deny me,die!

Mathias:you will pay for your crimes.ready your swords!

Mathias charged at Jack,jack,not excpecting this,was rammed into a tree,injured,Mathias drew back his sword,and swung,Jack rolled out of the way,his sword hit were his neck was.The guards and bandits fighting,in the backround.

Jack lunged at mathias with his axe,Mathias grbbed the blunt side of the axe,and flipped Jack over,Mathias attempted to ram his sword into jack,but missed,he swung up,cleaving jack across the chest.
Jack lay on the floor,gasping,he got up,screaming

Jack:you'll pay!you'll see,i'll be back,with more power than you can imagine!

The remaining guards finished off the last bandit.

Mathias Headed to Bowerstone with his heart in his stomach,he was saddened about his freind,who was now so evil....he got in his house,locked the doors and slept.

end of chapter 2

N

Negabin

Chapter 3 :Jack's return

When Mathias awoke,he was greeted with the screams of villagers,and the thumping of boots running,he heard an axe,cutting through the flesh of the guards.he ran down,and saw jack...but,he was..different.he had a strange mask on his face,it's very LOOK was full of fear,hate,agony,and what seemed like 1000's of souls,screaming in pain,as if they were being tortured.jack looked up at Mathias,throwing down the body of a guard.he said in a deep,horrific voice..

Jack:i told you,didn't i?i told you I would get more power than you could imagine.how,you might ask?that is for me to know..and you..to find out!

Jack swung at Mathias,sending a wave of fire at him.Mathias barely rolled out of the way.he used the guild seal to get away,with jacks new found power,he knew he couldn't win this fight.still,how did jack come to get so much power so quickly?the mask must have been the source...but....were did he get it..?

(jack's side of the story)

Jack was limping,near death from that gash to the chest.he came upon a corpse,clutched in the hand was this..strange mask,it called to him "wear me,wear me and all will envy your power!!"
Jack,couldn't resist,he put on the mask,his wound had healed,the mask told him his new name was "Jack Of Blades"
he decided that the first thing he would do with his power,was destroy Mathias.

(back to original storyline)

Mathias wondered off,through the forests...what he saw,nearly made him pass out.it was oakvale,someone had...rebuilt it!he noticed it now had more land,to the east.and the beach was accesible.here he was told of twinblade,and rumors of HIM burning oakvale,naturally,he went to find him.
the bandit guards tried to kill him,but were no match for this hero.in twinblade's camp,he found riches,immense,seemingly ENDLESS riches.he slaughtered every single bandit in there,takeing the gold...untill he met with twinblade.

Twinblade:haha...they said you would come,come to kill me,well,little guild puppet...let's see what your made of!!

Twinblade rushed at him,Mathias used one of the bandits as a human sheild,twinblades large blade ripped the bandit apart.the hero drew his sword,dashed at twinblade and struck him,to no avail.but noticed his back was uncovered,so when twinblade thrust his blade into the ground,he dashed behind,and slammed his sword into twinblades spine,killing him instantly.

end of chapter 3

D

Darg

It's okay. A bit hard to follow, maybe. It seems to go very fast, so fast to a point of where you can't always take in the details. Sometimes if you slow it down a bit and pay more attention to description and detail, you can get more out of it. Don't take it wrong, it's got lots of action and something's always happening to keep the boredom away. Keep it up, though.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

..Wow very well written rep+

N

Negabin

thanks.this is my first,so i don't really know how to do this right,any help or tips apreaciated!even critizcizing me helps!

N

Negabin

Chapter 4: Disturbing Dreams

Mathias emerged from twinblades camp,with twinblades head thumping against his leg,tied to his belt by the hair.He came back to Oakvale an even bigger hero in the eyes of the villager's,he walked up the road,and was greeted with the cheers and love of Oakvale.night fell,he found himself in the tavern an hour or so after the sun set.playing pub games,drinking...and dancing horribly.he stumbled up the stairs,accidentally knockng one mans beer over,before Mathias could apologise,the man swung at him.Mathias grabbed the man's arm,and flipped him over the stairs.he continued up the steps,were he fell into a bed and fell into a drunken sleep.

His dream was odd,he was a..balverine,bowing before their leader,a great white balverine,20 feet tall,at least!he knew that by completing the task the master had given him,he'd be granted great power!...or so he thought,he felt his power drain,the other balverines circled around him.and felt the teeth of their leader rip into the flesh on his neck,he woke up,in a cold sweat,panting heavily,he fell off the bed and walked outside.
he was told Knothole glade was having balverine problems.he teleported away,to the city,to find 6 or five balverines circling in on a group of people,he slew them,one spotted him,and howled.they lunged at him,the first was decapitated with his greatsword,the other found himself impaled on his shield's spike,the third hit his chest,tackling him to the ground,ghe snapped the balverines neck,from this came a loud,satisfying snap.
the 4th balverine was smacked with his boot,erecting a large bark,it lay unconsous,he slammed his sword into the balverine,but the 5th smacked his side,breaking one of his ribs.he quickly cast a healing spell,and stuck the balverine with fire,burning it horribly,but not enough to kill it...instantly,anyways,the balverine lay twitching and howling,he struck it with lighting,it died 10 seconds after.he used force push to smack the bodies away from the villagers,the gates opened,the villagers cheering at him for saving their lives!when a bandit lept from a nearby tree,the hero drew his sword,the bandit shouted "why that's not a knoife!thas a knoife"
as he drew his dagger...the hero rolled his eyes.he flicked the greatsword,and the bandit was instantly decapitated.

The cheiftan thanked,and told him about the white balverine.

Cheiftan:the damn thing comes into our town,and kill's whoever he wants!the guards can't do nothin' to im'!

Mathias:i'll see what i can d-

the town horn sounded before mathias could finish.

Cheiftan:thats the town horn!it must be attacking the warehouses at the bottom of the hill!please,can you try to kill him?i'll pay you handsomely if you do!

Mathias:sure,i'll do it.

Mathias ran down the hill,noticing the guards running away.he shrugged,and pursued the great balverine.

The large...thing,turned as it smelt Mathias,he dashed at him with great speed,knocking him down,it lay on top of mathias,it raised it's jaw,Mathias' dream flashed,the balverine ripping into his neck,it was odd,the dream was like...like...a vision,to say.he felt the balverines teeth tear across his forehead,he screamed in agony,and punched the balverine square in the jaw.it yelped as it slammed back,mathias took his great sword and struck it,seeming to do nothing.he recalled a book he read in the guild about balverines weakness to silver he ran to the general store,occasionally smacked down by the balverine.he took a silver augment,and imbued it into his sword,he rammed the thing into a tree,then slammed his sword into it's mouth.the balverine hang,limp,from the top of the tree by his sword.he took out the sword,the body didn't fall,he realised most of the things spine tangled into the tree..Mathias got dizzy,and recalled the bite on his head..it went blurry..then he fainted.the Cheiftan called for the doctors,the healed his wounds,when he awoke the next week,his scar's
had healed.The Cheiftan was GREATLY impressed,and offered him a place in the arena,he left for the guild,got the validation,and went to the arena.
he was greeted by the warm smiles of many,people saying hello,and a most peculiar fellow,who seemed to be selling titles,he chose one he really like "Gladiator" and he aproched the arena doors,but was interupted by a very familiar fellow.

Man:i remember you!you saved me from that bully a couple weeks before the bandits came!i'm Loafer!

Mathias:nice to meet you...Loafer...*chuckle"

Loafer:go in there and show everyone oakvale people don't get poushed around!!...well...not anymore.

he showed the guards his papers,they nodded,and let him in.he met with a....interesting,man.named "Roth"

Roth:now,most of you already know da rulez,but summa you are knew herya,so i's gunna 'splain sumtin to ja.
rule one,neva hit any of da udda arena participator's EXCEPT for in da arena!
rule two,wait ya turn,it might be awhile,but y'all gunna git ya turn,okay?
Lizard,you's go in farst.

Lizard:this'll be easy!no problem!

lizard walked off into the arena,a man named shade aproached Mathias.

Shade: so,you that big hero Gladiator,eh?been hearin lots'o bout you.lemme give you a tip,buy all the potions ya can here,no point in savin up money now and dien rich later.

Mathias:thanks,um...?

Shade:eek:h,my names shade.

Mathias:thanks,shade.

Shade:lizard's an idiot,quick to rush into a fight.i seen'im fight too,he won't last long.

Mathias:i figured.

Shade:i'll see ya 'round.

Mathias: you too.

Mathias walked off,he was only in his bed for a second when he heard
roth...

Roth:alright,it seems Lizard only made it through three rounds before dieng like a chicken in front of 5,000 people!we need a new volunteer!!new guy,you look ready,in you go!

Mathias got up,walked to the arena door..and stepped through.

End of chapter 4

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Wow... that's awesome!!!!

N

Negabin

Chapter 4 part 2 :wasps,hobbes and balverines,oh my!

Mathias walked through the door,through the gate into the arena,the sand was dirty,a few spots were painted with Lizard's blood,he saw them carrying his body out of the arena,he took a moment to take some deep breath's,and stood in the middle of the arena.
he heard the anouncer...

Anouncer:We have a new hero with us today folk's,gllaadiatoooor,famous for defeating twinblade,and for killing the white balverine!
a simple round of...WASPS!!

Mathias prepared his Enflame spell,when they got close,he slammed his fists into the ground,erecting pillars of fire that scorched the wasps,he repeated this as more wasps were released.

Anouncer:well,he's gotten through round one,can he kill..the infamous,the smelly...HOOOBBES!!!

Pigmy-Like creatures were released from the arena cages,they looked....odd.running around screaming gibberish and flailing their weapons about.he charged into one and slammed it into the wall,snapping it's neck.
the other three attempted to attack him,but one tripped and impaled itself.the other two swung at Mathias,he deflected the blow with his shield,and rammed one of the creatures into the spike on his shield.
and decapitated the other with his sword.
The crowd cheered with howl's of lust and fury!

Anouncer:well,he handled the Hobbes...but,what about...the BALVERINES?!

He saw the gate open,wich was unusual as they come out of the cages..

Anouncer:But,first we introduce a new Contestant!Briar rose!

Mathias sighed,then shrugged.about 20 balverines were released,along with 2 white balverines.Mathias jaw nearly hit the ground.he got his bow,and shot one balverine through the heart.Shot a fireball at one other,Briar Rose made duplicates of herself,Mathias thought to himself "a cowards spell..."Briar and her duplicates charged,Mathias stood back and shot 5 more,then ran in,killing to with his spike,spun around and impaled a balverine through the mouth with his sword.Briar was cornered by 5 balverines and one White Balverine.Mathias ran over and decapitated one,drawing their attention.Briar got far away and begun to shoot with her crossbow,accidentaly grazing Mathias' arm.Mathias let out a small grunt,cast a healing spell,then force push to smack briar.he finished off one white balverine with his sword,ramming it into the Knocked-Out balverines Chest,spraying blood all over Mathias.there were no white balverines left,but 2 or 3 normal one's,he cast Force push,throwing them into the air,and impaling them on the gates.
He helped Briar up,apparently she hit her head againt the wall,knocking her out...

End of chapter 4 part 2.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

That was really good! could have been longer but still nice~! look forward to more +rep

N

Negabin

yeah,it's the stages of the arena,i can't remember them,little help?

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

The Final Scorpion, Bandits, Undead, rock troll, earth trolls, I cant remember any more at the moment though.

N

Negabin

thanks! :neo:

i'ma play a little fable,hopefully i can get to the arena by tonight,so i can post part 3. :alien:

N

Negabin

i want you guys to know,briar rose isn't as cocky,or as ugly as in fable.kay?

Chapter 4 part3:undead...trolls...no problem...right?

As Briar got up,they heard the anouncer say "what more could we pile on to our heroes?well...they're stinky..they're rotting...its...the UNDEAD!!!"

Mathias turned around to see undead monstrosities rising from the ground around them,he got out his bow,but when he shot,there was nothing to hit except bone,so it went right through.He drew His Greatsword and ran to one of them,slashing them in half,he heard a scream as a green...face,as it looked,floated from the corpse.the undead hit him across the chest,knocking him to the ground,for thigns with no muscles,they sure hit hard.he laying on the floor,the undead was about to
finish him off,when he saw a sword slam through the creatures back.he got up and thanked briar and quickly healed himself.as he hewed through the seemingly endless waves of undead,he eyes began to glow,and his hands gave off a bright red aura,he turned his head to the sky,it was glowing brick red,he screamed,and fire seemed to rain on the undead,
and,in a nova,the undead were wiped out.Briar stared at him in amazement.

Anouncer:wow!do you think that was worth 1000 gold?i reckon it was...
but...whats this?spared from the headsmans block..its the bandits of the red hand gang!

Bandits ran out,screaming at flailing their weapons about.Mathias used his shield to impale one bandit through the face,and whipped around with his sword,decapitating another.
Briar flipped behind one,but the bandit turned and smacked her with the handle of his sword in her face.she lept up slashing the bandits belly,then
drained the rest of his life out,healing the bruise on her face.
they finished off the remaining bandits with a flurry of fireballs and arrows.

Anouncer:well,the competitions hotting up,our intepid heroes have finished off wasps,bandits,balverines,undead AND HOBBES!!!
What could possibly pose a threat to them now??why...whats this...its the earth trolls..ingrid and bertha!!

Two trolls rose up,Mathias ran to the one on the east of him,briar to the west.Mathias slammed his sword into the trolls belly,it screamed in agony,
mathias was smacked off.he threw his shield into the rock trolls face,blinding it temporarily.he lopped off its arms,then cut across the trolls face,killing it.when the troll roared,Briar put her sword into its mouth,then throwing fireballs at it.

2 more trolls rose up,stone trolls,stanoth and groyn,they called them.MAthias sword ricoched off of the stone troll to the west,he cracked
into the armor of the troll,then jamming his sword into him,killing it,he told Briar how to kill them.But she couldn't get the crack to form as she wasn't strong enough,the troll back handed her,throwing her halfway across the arena.the troll threw a boulder at her,it hit.Mathias ran to the troll,using the handle of his sword to make the crack form,and repeatedly slammed his sword into the troll.
he went to check on briar,he lifted the boulder off her chest,and checked her pulse,there was no sign of life....

R

Raen

what about a battle with another contestant.

N

Negabin

i'm trying to get away from the storyline as much as i can...but ok..