• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The voice of our hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddy

Reaction score
The voice of our hero?

Found this vid, not really new gameplay and im not sure if its been put on before but here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w16MK-3vha4

at 3:17 you can hear the hero quite clearly say "careful, there's steps up ahead"
and at 2:42 walter asks the hero what he can see, and the hero replies "The desert"
Sorry if this has been posted before :p

Arainai

Reaction score
Re: The voice of our hero?

Oh cool!!+rep

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

Wow.... that voice sounds familar.... I wonder who it is... :hmm:
Well great find! now if i only knew who is playing the female char's voice I could get on with my life! +rep

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

Great catch!

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score

Awesome find. +rep

Overan

Reaction score

The voice is quite nice, sounds like a hero, wonder if it morphs with the hero.

MrRofcat

Reaction score

:D A7X fan?and on topic nice find.

quentarus

Noblesse Oblige of the Chaos Task Force Elite
Reaction score

Wow what a twist! me and my friends all expected the hero to be mute, like the other two. Maybe conversations will be more enjoyable. The game really did get intersting!

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I hadn't noticed that before. Good observation.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Eugh that's a horribly goody-goody voice. If you retain that voice with horns poking out of your head it's going to be a bloody trial to focus on the game.

Kahindes

Reaction score

Wow. I think that it is awesome that our Hero can talk this time! But this is the first time that I heard what that voice was going to sound like. Sounds a little...different...to what I imagined. It's a good voice for the Hero sure, but I expected it to sound deeper, a little more intimidating- I mean this is the hero that is starting a revolution and yet he sounds so gentle. Don't get me wrong though. I don't want to enforce stereotypes, so the voice sounds fine to me anyway. ^^

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Nice find + rep :D

Although the way the hero holds Walter's hand, and when they turn.... it looks horrible :(

PM said he was inspired by ICO - but ICO did a WAY better job handling this than what Lionhead has achieved... sure hope this isn't the final version :(

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

Blestb;416951 said:
Eugh that's a horribly goody-goody voice. If you retain that voice with horns poking out of your head it's going to be a bloody trial to focus on the game.

I hope they keep the same voice actor no matter if your good or evil... But its really the WAY he should talk and what he says that I think should change on your alignment. If hes an evil guy who decided to save walter despite his own morals (or lack of them really) then I want him to practically growl at walter to hurry the heck up and threaten to leave him behind if he dosent pick up speed... ;)
After all... a really good actor should be able to play as a villian or hero. AND be able to play these parts well.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Shadowtree;417049 said:
I hope they keep the same voice actor no matter if your good or evil... But its really the WAY he should talk and what he says that I think should change on your alignment. If hes an evil guy who decided to save walter despite his own morals (or lack of them really) then I want him to practically growl at walter to hurry the heck up and threaten to leave him behind if he dosent pick up speed... ;)
After all... a really good actor should be able to play as a villian or hero. AND be able to play these parts well.

True. Par Exemple, as they say in France: Stephen Fry did Reaver, who is a s***, but then he also did that guy in Bones (who's name eludes me).

hall9000222

Reaction score

:hmm: I didnt get to see the video because it was removed due to terms of violation.... Just my luck...

GrimWhim

Reaction score

In a way, I'm somewhat happy they're giving my character a voice but they should let us choose. I definitely don't want some fruitcake with a goody-two-shoes tone voicing my evil tyrant. That will kill the game for me in a heartbeat.

Fable1Fan

Reaction score

Hopefully like said before u dont sound like no goody 2 shoes when u morph in 2 the demon and slaughter anyone who looks at u funny

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

http://forums.projectego.net/fable-iii-do-away-silent-hero-24789/ We had discussed it before. And noticed it in a thread that posted that video even before then. (If you use the search function before you post, you can try to make sure you aren't duplicating a thread. Of course, then you have to agonize over whether you should resurrect a dead thread or make a new one if you have something new to say. But yeah.

That being said, yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. I understood why they made the hero voiceless, but... okay, so it was supposed to be more immersive, make you feel like you were the hero. But considering that I have a tendency to yell at the screen like a psychotic four-year-old, it was kinda odd that my hero was just sitting there like a lump.

I'd much sooner have him say something, have more personality, than just be a blank slate for rape, murder, adoption of traumatized orphans, and/or donations to the poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.