• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Precipice

Reaction score
LOL TW3 is probably the easiest-to-mod game ever. You just create a folder named "Mods" in the root folder and just copy paste the mod folder in there and that's it. Easy to install, easy to uninstall: you just delete the mod folder.

Only script mods get a bit more complicated.

Beside that mod, I've only got another one that replaces the Wolf Gear swords with Vesemir's swords, and the Debug Console Enabler.
It has mod support that makes use of an override system, and it also has a console. I am salivating, and I am sold. This might literally be the only thing I know about The Witcher 3 but that and the picture of a guy on a horse with two swords is enough to warrant a purchase from me.

Almost. I'll have to wait until next pay period or the one after. I'm already on a ramen diet as it is.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I still suck at Gwent of course and every tavern I go to keeps having really average cards, so it'll be awhile until I get much better with it all.

Couple of quests out there that get you some good hero cards, managed to get a couple myself. I love Gwent but some of the players have some insane decks that you have to be VERY tactical as well as lucky to beat.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
The kind of vistas you can get through Super Turbo Lighting Mod.

2q2pset.jpg

dvq8md.jpg

Notice how far away objects and details, like trees, islands, mountains, or even that big tree in the first pic, are no more partially covered by that "blue fog" layer that's present in vanilla.

I'll try to reach the highest spot on the map to get the best vista possible.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Funny, they went through the trouble of censoring the subtitles for the screenshots, but slapped their balls all over the walls with the story details in the trailer. Maybe it's just me, but I think I would've preferred to have seen the decapitation bit on my own, still, really good trailer and I'm definitely... pumped for release.
LOL TW3 is probably the easiest-to-mod game ever. You just create a folder named "Mods" in the root folder and just copy paste the mod folder in there and that's it. Easy to install, easy to uninstall: you just delete the mod folder.

Only script mods get a bit more complicated.

Beside that mod, I've only got another one that replaces the Wolf Gear swords with Vesemir's swords, and the Debug Console Enabler.
Damn, and I do modding for both Elder Scrolls & Fallout which can get pretty complicated. So this just made me feel like a right dumbass lol. Kudos, I'll jump into some mods then and check everything out. One of the mods that did catch my eye was the camera one that brings it in closer over Geralt's shoulder for exploration, CDPR's detailed world needs to be loved. Also, beautiful shots with that Turbo Lighting mod.
Couple of quests out there that get you some good hero cards, managed to get a couple myself. I love Gwent but some of the players have some insane decks that you have to be VERY tactical as well as lucky to beat.
Yeah, I bumped into a guy with a maxed out deck which took me by surprise as he was built up as being some bafoon that's easy to beat... gimme a break here. It's like bumping into some kid with Pokemon cards and every single card in his deck is a rare holographic, whether he sucks at the game or not those cards are still pretty overpowered. I'll keep an eye out for any quests that'll reward such because I really really want to get engrossed in this part of the game, but it's not fun when I lose all the time.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So did anyone get a hold of that new 1.10 patch? My god... I'm not sure whether I should be a little concerned or utterly impressed by the sheer magnitude of it all.

The changelog spans a 13-page PDF document with over 600 bullet points, and weighs in at a whopping 15GBs on console (9.9GBs on PC). Absolutely ridiculous but rather incredible at the same time. They managed to also finally fix the performance issue on PS4 for the swamp areas.

I personally hope these patches aren't going to get any bigger going forward. My wifi adapter keeps crashing/disconnecting when it's at top speed for too long (still trying to figure out why) so downloading a patch that's the same size as a whole game has been... quite the struggle.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, I bumped into a guy with a maxed out deck which took me by surprise as he was built up as being some bafoon that's easy to beat... gimme a break here. It's like bumping into some kid with Pokemon cards and every single card in his deck is a rare holographic, whether he sucks at the game or not those cards are still pretty overpowered. I'll keep an eye out for any quests that'll reward such because I really really want to get engrossed in this part of the game, but it's not fun when I lose all the time.

Yeah I have won more than I have lost but I have came across a couple of people with some awesome decks. I dont have many monster cards but it seems most with the really powerful decks have them and that ability that draws cards of the same type straight from the deck. I mean one players hand had an attack point of around 110 and I got up to about 75 but couldnt come close to it. Sometimes you have to play tactically and play some effect cards here and there and let them keep using up their cards and take a tactical loss on one round.

So did anyone get a hold of that new 1.10 patch? My god... I'm not sure whether I should be a little concerned or utterly impressed by the sheer magnitude of it all.

The changelog spans a 13-page PDF document with over 600 bullet points, and weighs in at a whopping 15GBs on console (9.3GBs on PC). Absolutely ridiculous but rather incredible at the same time. They managed to also finally fix the performance issue on PS4 for the swamp areas.

I personally hope these patches aren't going to get any bigger going forward. My wifi adapter keeps crashing/disconnecting when it's at top speed for too long (still trying to figure out why) so downloading a patch that's the same size as a whole game has been... quite the struggle.

Havent downloaded it yet as wasnt aware it was available yet but im going to download it later so I dont have to wait for it to download before playing the game next time I have some spare time.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I'm playing Heart of Stone right now bitches. Anyone else started it?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm playing Heart of Stone right now bitches. Anyone else started it?
Not yet, but I have it. I'm only level 20 right now and it said I had to be 30+ to have a good time. So it'll be awhile until I can jump into it.

Finished all the contracts and side quests for my current level and now doing the treasure hunts, after that I'm off to Skellige.
Yeah I have won more than I have lost but I have came across a couple of people with some awesome decks. I dont have many monster cards but it seems most with the really powerful decks have them and that ability that draws cards of the same type straight from the deck. I mean one players hand had an attack point of around 110 and I got up to about 75 but couldnt come close to it. Sometimes you have to play tactically and play some effect cards here and there and let them keep using up their cards and take a tactical loss on one round.
Sheesh, highest attack point I've gotten to was 36 I think, my decks are pathetic right now. So right when I think I'm about to have a chance of victory, they troll me and whip out their monster cards in the 2nd round and then I'm dead. I dug around through my quest journal and found out I missed my chance to win a card from the Red Baron, along with Priscilla. But those are the only 2 so far I think, there's a chunk more in my journal that are still available so I'm going to stock up more on decks.

I have over 4,000 gold last I checked, so money will be no object for it.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Hope you got this by legitimate methods. :shifty::lol:

Oh damn. Well believe it or not I actually did get my money legitimately, there's so many sweet gear out there but it becomes obsolete before you can even pronounce their names. So I sell 'em all off for meaty sums of gold and before I know it, I'M RICH!! So I'm gonna be sticking with that plan for now and keep myself out of the Taxman's crosshairs.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I have about 9k atm, so how does one acquire money in a illegitimate way anyway?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have about 9k atm, so how does one acquire money in a illegitimate way anyway?

People started by doing this and it enabled pretty much infinite cash.

Community manager Marcin Momot revealed the full list of changes on the game’s forums. Here they are below.
  • Fixed a bug causing wcc_lite to fail when uncooking the game
  • Added the ability to mod textures from the textures array
  • Added a warning information when wcc_lite failed due too long file path
  • Cleaned up wcc_lite output log
  • Fixed a bug when some normal maps and speculars were imported incorrectly. Now imported textures which name ends with “_n” and “_s” will be assigned to proper categories
  • It is now possible to add new textures using mods
  • Several fixes and minor improvements to Script Studio

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm almost done with Skellige now, currently level 23. Also pardon my french, but is it just me or is Yennifer really a careless bitch? I can't stand her, and her little game of not telling people what's going on until after the fact is aggravating. I had Geralt friend-zone the butt out of her, Triss is definitely a lot more easy to get along with.

My favorite contract so far has been "In the Heart of the Woods" was really enjoyable with some nice dynamics to deal with. I hope I get to deal with this village again later on. Right now my Geralt looks like an absolute bafoon, he's got bright blue gloves, a crimson top, with beige bottoms & boots. I'll share some screens later on that I took. I'm hoping I'll at least get to start the expansion pack before I have to leave, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it in time. Mm.

Other than that, still having a blast with the game and I'm continually impressed by how gorgeous and unique the world designs are for each little area.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm almost done with Skellige now, currently level 23. Also pardon my french, but is it just me or is Yennifer really a careless bitch? I can't stand her, and her little game of not telling people what's going on until after the fact is aggravating. I had Geralt friend-zone the butt out of her, Triss is definitely a lot more easy to get along with.

My favorite contract so far has been "In the Heart of the Woods" was really enjoyable with some nice dynamics to deal with. I hope I get to deal with this village again later on. Right now my Geralt looks like an absolute bafoon, he's got bright blue gloves, a crimson top, with beige bottoms & boots. I'll share some screens later on that I took. I'm hoping I'll at least get to start the expansion pack before I have to leave, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it in time. Mm.

Other than that, still having a blast with the game and I'm continually impressed by how gorgeous and unique the world designs are for each little area.

I have that same feeling about Yenn but whenever I went to go for Triss my friends who finished the game told me not too and its a more natural endings with Yenn as romance option and her sequences were far more fleshed out. Saddened me to hear this as I really wanted to go for Triss as I much preferred her.

My outfit looks ok but I really need to craft some of the more badass ones that I have seen in some screens.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I have that same feeling about Yenn but whenever I went to go for Triss my friends who finished the game told me not too and its a more natural endings with Yenn as romance option and her sequences were far more fleshed out. Saddened me to hear this as I really wanted to go for Triss as I much preferred her.

My outfit looks ok but I really need to craft some of the more badass ones that I have seen in some screens.
Well the hell with that, I'm still sticking with Triss. If Yenn is just a case of quantity then I'll be fine with Triss for quality. Either way, it can't be any worse than Keira Metz after all.

Start tracking those Treasure Hunt quests then, it's a great start to get right into some neat outfits. And you get a lot of good ones from just doing side quests along with weapons. The only reason my Geralt looks goofy right now was because the stat and ability increase were too good to pass up, so I said what the heck.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well the hell with that, I'm still sticking with Triss. If Yenn is just a case of quantity then I'll be fine with Triss for quality. Either way, it can't be any worse than Keira Metz after all.

Start tracking those Treasure Hunt quests then, it's a great start to get right into some neat outfits. And you get a lot of good ones from just doing side quests along with weapons. The only reason my Geralt looks goofy right now was because the stat and ability increase were too good to pass up, so I said what the heck.

Quite liked Keira too the damn trickster :lol:, I have done some of the treasure quests and was in process of another the last time I played.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
**** patch 1.10, it broke my game. Never had any problems with any patch so far, but 1.10 ****ed up my NG+ game by making some of my gear disappear, corrupting the game's files, and making my mods totally unusable. What the hell happened.

Gotta reinstall the game and get right into patch 1.11, hoping it's done right. THEN, maybe, I can finally play Hearts of Stone.