• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ciri accompanies you on quests, though not in 'free-roam'.

I think I'm exceedingly close to the ending just have to fight Eridin, but I may do a bit of back-tracking and replay it from Kaer Morhen as I'm not happy how the Romance subplot turned out.

I've also started reading The Last Wish, it starts off with Geralt breaking a curse of King Foltest's daughter who has been a Striga for the past fourteen years. It's really good so far, so looking forward to more of that.

I've barely done any if not anything of side missions or contracts in Skellige. But I have churned out like 240 hours on it. I never actually managed to finish Skyrim's storyline I foolish and quite funnily thought the storm cloak rebellion was the main story. :p

So after that I never bothered, I'm pretty sure I've clocked about the same time on Skyrim with all the quests and faction storylines.
I've got over 1,000hrs in Skyrim (only beat the main quest twice), but most of that is from modding rather than actually playing the damn game properly. I was a little embarrassed at my hours until I started seeing other folks with 5,000+ hours in Skyrim... jeez. I hope the modding community will really take off for Witcher 3, it has some serious potential here.

Shame about the Ciri companionship, was really hoping for that. Ah well, another reason why I can't wait for the mods to take off for this game! I'm still getting sidetracked by side quests a lot and keep forgetting about the main quest since I prefer to not spoil myself with the fast traveling and do the game world justice with exploring the old-fashioned way and bump into all these question marks. Very distracting.

Be careful with quest spoilers as I'm still essentially at the start of the game and haven't had time to play at all in weeks.
I do wonder though, since your rig is all go now, are you sticking to the console version or making the hop to PC?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I do wonder though, since your rig is all go now, are you sticking to the console version or making the hop to PC?

I will finish play through on console then likely go for PC version for 2nd play through. Don't want to lose the time I've already put in as don't have much free time at moment to get progress back.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Next free DLC coming to Witcher 3 is New Game+.

2ebyj9t.jpg

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Awesome I might finally be able to defeat that pesky griffin

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
WITCHER 3 PATCH 1.08 TARGETS PERFORMANCE ISSUES

Patch 1.08 will mainly target performance issues, including those that may have been caused by the release of patch 1.07 earlier this month. The next patch also introduces the Wolven Hour potion, which reduces the level requirement on all gear for one hour. With patch 1.07, level requirements were increased for certain items, leaving some players with unusable gear. Wolven Hour will give players an hour to either level up or find usable equipment. It will be added to every player's inventory once the new patch is installed.

Patch 1.08 Notes

PERFORMANCE
  • Overall improvements to performance, including some issues that may have been caused by 1.07.
UI
  • [Japanese Only][PS4 Only] Fixes an issue where the background text of certain books would flicker.
  • Fixes an issue where part of the Kaer Morhen map would not display properly.
GAMEPLAY
  • Fixes a rare issue where items would disappear from the stash.
  • Fixes a very rare issue which would cause Geralt to get stuck when trying to run.
  • The interaction pop-up will no longer appear on lootable objects that are empty.
  • Fixes an occasional glitch in one of the dwarf combat animations.
  • Heads chopped off during finishers will no longer disappear.
  • "Players can perform a roll just before landing to significantly reduce the damage caused by falling.
  • We've added a tutorial pop-up window explaining this to make it clearer."
  • In patch 1.07, the level requirements for certain items were scaled up, leaving some players stuck with only unusable gear. With patch 1.08, we are introducing the Wolven Hour potion. This potion will be available in everyone's inventory once they install the patch. It will reduce level requirements on all gear for a period of one hour. This will give players time to level up or find alternative equipment using the gear that was available to them in patch 1.05 but became unusable after patch 1.07. After one hour, the potion's effects will cease and the requirements for all gear will revert to their original, pre-potion values.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to compare their items with ones sold by merchants.
ACHIEVEMENTS
  • Players will now be able to complete the Card Collector achievement.
  • Achievements are now working properly again and will be unlocked if players meet their requirements after installing this patch (PC version).
GRAPHICS
  • Fixes an issue where interiors would sometimes not display properly on the minimap.
  • Fixes an issue where certain world elements would sometimes be missing and noticeable visual glitches would be present while in Novigrad.
QUEST
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "It Takes Three to Tango" quest, even though they had obtained wine at the Kingfisher.
  • Fixes an issue where Geralt would sometimes die after traveling to Velen in the quest "Something Ends, Something Begins."
  • The entrance to the area where the Sunstone is obtained will no longer be blocked off if the player exits it prematurely during "The Sunstone" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to complete the "Get Junior" quest on certain occasions.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear" quest due to a closed gate.
  • Fixes an issue where some players were unable to investigate rooms during the "Family Matters" quest, effectively blocking their progression.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "Hey, You Wanna Look at my Stuff?" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to talk to Roche during the "An Eye for an Eye" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Roche would stay at his camp instead of going to the Oxenfurt Bridge in the "Get Junior" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where, under certain circumstances, Yennefer would not appear in Oxenfurt during the "The Great Escape" quest.
  • Drowners will have a harder time killing Nidas during the "Black Pearl" quest.
  • Fixes an issue which led to an infinite loading screen during the "To Bait a Forktail..." quest under certain circumstances.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the basement was locked during the "King's Gambit" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to free the merchant during the Person in Distress event in the Claywich area.
  • The trolls at the Circle of Elements will no longer attack Geralt if he opts for a peaceful resolution.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to talk to Roche during the "Brothers in Arms" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Zoltan's card was unobtainable.
GENERAL
  • Preparatory features paving the way for the introduction of New Game + in the future.
SOURCE

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Lovin' the stream of updates, but I was quite surprised that the 1.07 update was so huge though. 7GBs on consoles and 5GBs on PC (in a compressed 2GB download). I haven't tried the new movement style for Geralt yet, but I've heard good things about it, always didn't like how he had that sluggish/clumsy GTA-style movement going on. Going to get back into it today now that I've got some more time for it.

For the New Game+ though, it should be noted that your Gwent collection won't carry over with it. D:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Lovin' the stream of updates, but I was quite surprised that the 1.07 update was so huge though. 7GBs on consoles and 5GBs on PC (in a compressed 2GB download). I haven't tried the new movement style for Geralt yet, but I've heard good things about it, always didn't like how he had that sluggish/clumsy GTA-style movement going on. Going to get back into it today now that I've got some more time for it.

For the New Game+ though, it should be noted that your Gwent collection won't carry over with it. D:

I have downloaded the patch ready but haven't had time to play it again yet properly, the tighter turning arc is a godsend and feels MUCH better. New patch will likely be out before I get to try it again though.

They have noted that the Gwent collection won't carry over into new game+.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Managed to squeeze in a good chunk of more time in for the game, I'm up to level 10 now closing in to 11, also finished a good chunk of quests up til then. Currently working on the "Return to Crookback Bog" quest then probably make my way to Novigrad. I've chosen my path decisions in dialogues a lot more carefully now as I am surprised at how easy it is for you to get in over your head when further pursing a situation in a quest. Do I tell them I'll go the extra mile, or do I just count my coins and go? Playing the hero isn't always the best choice I found as it can just make your life a living hell sometimes. Not everyone ends up being grateful either.

Also, Ciri's alternate DLC outfit is badass. I love it.

Involving Keira Metz though... (if you haven't done all of her quests yet, don't click)
I engaged the romance with her and was really digging her personality and story. Got laid, we laughed, she went off to do her thing, but when I bumped into her again I find out she double crosses me. She used me for sex or so I assumed anyway. Wasn't sure if she truly appreciated the mattress mambo or not, but I also didn't care anymore. You don't cross big daddy Geralt and get away with it, I had the chance to forgive her and continue the romance but said the hell with it and killed her in an awesome magical fight to the death. No regrets.
I love it when a game throws choices at you like that, helps make the characters and situations feel more real.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Ohhhhh.
I killed her at first, but reloaded. Dunno how it'll play out later on for you. You'll need as many allies as possible. ;)

I'm replaying the end, currently level 31. Just tried out the alt Ciri outfit, it's probably the only alt outfit that is awesome. I'm very close to to the end and I'll probably do the skellige quests after the story then the dlc. The alt killing moves are pretty cool too.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the story, it can get so seriously awesome. And remember to only pick Triss or Yenn, if you pick both it'll bite you in the ass later on, that's why I'm replaying. Not a major spoiler, just warning you.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ohhhhh.
I killed her at first, but reloaded. Dunno how it'll play out later on for you. You'll need as many allies as possible. ;)

I'm replaying the end, currently level 31. Just tried out the alt Ciri outfit, it's probably the only alt outfit that is awesome. I'm very close to to the end and I'll probably do the skellige quests after the story then the dlc. The alt killing moves are pretty cool too.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the story, it can get so seriously awesome. And remember to only pick Triss or Yenn, if you pick both it'll bite you in the ass later on, that's why I'm replaying. Not a major spoiler, just warning you.
Damn, ah well..
I honestly couldn't help it though as she was so smug, sarcastic, and nonchalant about the whole ordeal. If she had just asked me or was straight up front with me, I would've honestly supported her. But I just felt I had to put my foot down on that one, though now I kinda regret it... and even miss her a little lol. I'll try not to sever ties with too many people from now on. :unsure:

Though I really shot myself in the foot with the Crones when I screwed them over for the trapped spirit to save the children. Man... what a bad move, as the consequences bled over into the sidequest I was doing when returning to the bog and it completely blew up in my face and dominoed on my peers. I actually felt like **** afterwards too and it really caught me off guard.
However, I'm too far ahead to turn back now. Gonna have to live with my choices and face the consequences... just like reality. :lol:

Yeah, I saw Triss' alternate DLC outfit and hated it immediately, but I was pretty okay with Yenn's so I enabled it for her. I think I'll be saving the DLC quests for last as well but I don't recall seeing any of the new finishing moves yet, I'll have to keep an eye out. I finally made it to Novigrad though and this place is amazing! Huge too. It feels and looks like an actual city, there's so many people going about their business through the town and I just love it, was growing a bit tired of all the villages earlier on. So I'm having some fun with this place at the moment.

Oh I'm loving the story so far and it's not even just the main story, but all the little side quest stories as well. I'm really impressed at how each side quest feels unique and stands on its own, instead of being some copypasta throwaways. I do a side quest and sometimes I end up completely forgetting that it's not a main quest, they're that good. I caught up with Triss now and she's definitely the one I'm going for, her and Geralt just feel perfect for each other... really makes me wish I finished Witcher 2 (and Witcher 1) properly for that save transfer. Ah well. Thanks for the heads up.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I am currently with Triss doing a couple of quests and she seems a far nicer person than Yenn and I like her accent too, I think I have done the Return to Crookbag Bog quest (last time I played it) and pretty sure im in Novigrad also. Hoping to get some time on it in the next few days so I can remember where I got to. I have purchased a cable to set an XB1 controller up to PC downstairs now so I can stream XB1 to my PC so might have more chance to play while downstairs so im not on opposite side of house to Amy feeling like im ignoring her while playing (I rarely play when shes at home as I feel bad like im ignoring her). :lol:

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
wish I finished Witcher 2 (and Witcher 1) properly for that save transfer. Ah well. Thanks for the heads up.

After I do this game, I'm gonna go straight out and buy the second. I'll get the first aswell, but I need to have my laptop's fan cleaned. It keeps going into thermal shutdown whenever I play a game on it.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I am currently with Triss doing a couple of quests and she seems a far nicer person than Yenn and I like her accent too, I think I have done the Return to Crookbag Bog quest (last time I played it) and pretty sure im in Novigrad also. Hoping to get some time on it in the next few days so I can remember where I got to. I have purchased a cable to set an XB1 controller up to PC downstairs now so I can stream XB1 to my PC so might have more chance to play while downstairs so im not on opposite side of house to Amy feeling like im ignoring her while playing (I rarely play when shes at home as I feel bad like im ignoring her). :lol:
Definitely, her voice also struck me as much more inviting and enjoyable (she sounds really similar to Piper from Fallout 4 now that I think about it). Return to Crookback Bog was pretty intense (based on my choices anyway), hell that whole connection of questlines had me on the edge of my seat, easily my favorites so far. Clever thinking and to think people thought that feature was somehow useless, will be interesting when Microsoft rolls out the update that allows for vice versa. Had that problem when Kath was here sometimes, so we usually just played in the same rooms together.
After I do this game, I'm gonna go straight out and buy the second. I'll get the first aswell, but I need to have my laptop's fan cleaned. It keeps going into thermal shutdown whenever I play a game on it.
I recommend going for the Enhanced Edition for both since it includes all the DLC/Expansions and improved visuals for both games. Plus it's just cheaper. ^_^

I also just did my first DLC content with the Griffin gear scavange quest, only managed to find 4 of 6 diagrams though, having trouble with the other 2 pieces.. >_> journal says to read the note... but I don't have it in my inventory. Weird.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I still haven't actually downloaded any of the DLC yet, will try and remember to do that the next time I boot it up.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Well... I've completed the story. I got the worst possible ending, so I'm quite royally majority ****ed off. I'll play it again as I know what not to do next time.

I'll keep playing till I level up to lvl 35. Then stop, and I'll save the contracts, missions, treasure hunts, and dlc for my next play through.

Overall an amazing game, great story. And now, my favourite fantasy rpg ever. Just wish I never got such a ****ty ending.

Edit; In grand total, the storyline and most of the missions in Velen & Novigrad (haven't done much in skellige) I took eight days total to get through everything.

Last edited:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Jeez, hopefully I don't end up getting a bad ending myself. I've been getting more careful with the choices I make realizing that each action I commit will have a cause and effect, whether it be immediate or distant. I've had things blown up in my face recently from minor choices I made like over 20 damn hours ago, it's pretty crazy.

I've done a lot in Novigrad and I think I may be almost finished with it soon, but I'm attempting to tackle everything in this first playthrough (not 100% completion, but somewhere close enough at least). They released the new modding tools for the game as well, but nothing worth getting excited over. You can only modify the meshes, textures, and scripts... so don't expect any TES, FO, or Half-Life scale modding to ever pop out. :/

Overall though I've really been loving this game and it's featured some of the richest and most engaging characters I've ever come across in a game before. The only word I can sum this game's world up with is "interesting", the world is actually interesting, the level design, the characters, every ounce of dialogue. There's been so many moments when in a conversation I can't help but smile from the dialogue (like when I'm watching a show or film, not often I react like that) and wonder what'll be said next, the emotions and reactions from the characters just feel real.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Guys New Game Plus is out, it's out!

Just downloaded and installed it now. Only bad thing is I read on a site it only works once, so if you wanna max out Geralt do everything, to 100% completion. So I'm going to keep playing my finished game till I've done everything, DLC included. Also, I went back to Bald Mountain (after the story mission) and hunted down the monster I've been searching for, for bloody ages. Always thought it was a griffin, it was a Basilisk. Killed it, and the LVL 77 Griffin in southern Velen, weirdly as it turns out the game levels monster to insanely high level if you're not strong enough to tackle it. But brings it down to a normal level, meaning I've killed all the wild contractless monsters in Velen.

It's a good idea overall. The Griffin when I first encountered it was LVL 77, but LVL 25 when I went back to it yesterday. So I can safely say there's probably no monsters above LVL 40 in Skellige. Now I've done everything in Novigrad & Velen (Aside from the Gwent quests) So I'm heading to Skellige to finish everything there.

Hope you both have a great time playing the rest of the game, and yeah, hope you don't get a bad ending too, Giki. My advice? If you do take Ciri to see Emhyr, don't accept the money. DO NOT Accept the money. If you avoid that, then you won't get my ending.

There is three general endings, but overall about thirty-three variations.
(I IGN'ed it)

This isn't a spoiler, just warning you guys. ;)
-Oh and when you get to the isle of mists, explore a little. That island is brimming with treasure, manuscripts and has a Fiend to kill too.

Also, I hit LVL 35.

CMukeL5WEAAzytc.jpg:large

And I found the sleeping vampire, dunno if you guys have?
If not here's how to;

Last edited:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Only once for NG+? Well I wasn't expecting that for it, but I'll likely give it a shot once I've completed it. I'm pretty sure I killed a Basilisk already, might not have been the same one you faced though. The one I tackled was done via a quest as a favor for a little boy... tough fight though, died like 5 times from the thing. I have a couple Lvl 80 contracts on me at the moment, been that way for ages so I'll likely have to save those for a NG+ instead. Wait, do creatures not respawn in this game? I thought they did, well, the minor ones like wolves anyway.

Thanks for the tip man, I'll definitely make sure to remember not to do that when the time comes. :)

I'm getting close to Lvl 20 now, so I'm not too far behind you. I haven't met that sleeping vampire guy yet, no, but I was down there earlier for a quest I think with Sigismund (looks like the same dungeon that's connected to his place) and my exploration was a bit limited due to the gases. I'll swing back around there later and check it out as I believe it clears up once the quest has been finished. Thanks man.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
The first paid dlc will arrive in October, adding ten hours and bringing back a character from the witcher 1. I've done all contracts in the game and only have treasure quests and the random side-quests, as well as the question marks left in Skellige. After that I will have done everything in the game, currently lvl 37.

Also, if you want to carry weapons and armour over to new game plus, then you'll have to store it in the stash otherwise it will disappear.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
New Witcher 3 Patch to Expand Romance Dialogue

As a result of player feedback, CD Projekt Red will add new dialogue options to further flesh out the love triangle between Geralt, Triss, and Yennefer in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Some players have criticized how this was handled, in particular the options that are available if you decide to leave Yennefer to be with Triss.

In July, CD Projekt Red acknowledged fans' concerns about this. Now, the developer has provided even more insight into the romance changes coming to The Witcher 3 through an upcoming patch.