• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I too accidentally put my swords away and ended up in a fist fight with about 6 corpse eaters. Took me some time to keep dodging and rolling to get my sword out without one of them stunning me.

I chuckled when I was stealing people's things out of their house and no-one bat an eyelid but if you try that in a camp on any chests (especcily a military one) prepare to have a bad time.

Seen a few Water Hags, normally around swamps and poisonous gas areas & way they move caught my eye as the stalk you through the fog. Attention to detail even on console version is stunning & nice to see an adult game not afraid to keep everything adult.

Only played it on 1 day so far and not had time to play it since but going to need to dedicate another whole day to it I think to even make ANY progress.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Heh, still getting used to the dodging and rolling mechanics, but I'm getting there with each fight. Yeah I made the mistake on my first day of looting one of the military forts and everyone there flipping their **** "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?" "OH GOD, I'M SORRY!! D: *puts it back*"

First time I met a Water Hag I completely mistook it for a Drowner since they share the same color palette, then I of course noticed "Hey wait a minute! Those are boobies!!... saggy ones." Dangerous as all hell to boot especially if you get double-teamed.

Hell yeah, I'm amazed at the attention to detail, for example when it's raining the water ripples appear on all flat-like surfaces, run down it, and have droplets on everything. On the downside though, I wish it had a small option to look around in 1st-person when exploring to truly admire and take in all the detail at hand. Because with the currently zoomed out camera a lot of the artists' hard work is really going unnoticed, I never would have saw it if my camera wasn't sitting next to an object in the foreground.

Dude, make time! So far I've been loving every second of it, it's been measured at a minimum of 200hrs to complete all the quests in the game, not at all counting Gwent, general roleplay and exploration. Whatever you do, don't let this game fall into your backlog, else I'll never forgive ya.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Heh, still getting used to the dodging and rolling mechanics, but I'm getting there with each fight. Yeah I made the mistake on my first day of looting one of the military forts and everyone there flipping their **** "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?" "OH GOD, I'M SORRY!! D: *puts it back*"

First time I met a Water Hag I completely mistook it for a Drowner since they share the same color palette, then I of course noticed "Hey wait a minute! Those are boobies!!... saggy ones." Dangerous as all hell to boot especially if you get double-teamed.

Hell yeah, I'm amazed at the attention to detail, for example when it's raining the water ripples appear on all flat-like surfaces, run down it, and have droplets on everything. On the downside though, I wish it had a small option to look around in 1st-person when exploring to truly admire and take in all the detail at hand. Because with the currently zoomed out camera a lot of the artists' hard work is really going unnoticed, I never would have saw it if my camera wasn't sitting next to an object in the foreground.

Dude, make time! So far I've been loving every second of it, it's been measured at a minimum of 200hrs to complete all the quests in the game, not at all counting Gwent, general roleplay and exploration. Whatever you do, don't let this game fall into your backlog, else I'll never forgive ya.

Played it for a little yesterday & already forgetting the basics of Gwent & didn't seem to make any proper progress as mission I was doing had quite a few stages. I used to do all my gaming when Amy was at work as I had 4 hours most nights before she was home. However she has left her job now so I rarely have time to sit and play for long durations currently.

Should be XB1 patch this week so hopefully it comes by time I've got around to playing it again.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Played it for a little yesterday & already forgetting the basics of Gwent & didn't seem to make any proper progress as mission I was doing had quite a few stages. I used to do all my gaming when Amy was at work as I had 4 hours most nights before she was home. However she has left her job now so I rarely have time to sit and play for long durations currently.

Should be XB1 patch this week so hopefully it comes by time I've got around to playing it again.
Oh I already know the same is going to happen to me, I haven't been able to play it in days and it doesn't help that CDPR broke it on all systems. Was playing for a couple hours after patch 1.04 and wondering why the heck I wasn't progressing "Hm... been at level 6 for a long time now." So yeah, hopefully that XP patch comes tomorrow (and will be retro-active), been getting Witcher withdrawal.

D: Left her job? When you put it like that it sounds like it was out of protest? Hope she'll be able to get back on her feet again soon.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh I already know the same is going to happen to me, I haven't been able to play it in days and it doesn't help that CDPR broke it on all systems. Was playing for a couple hours after patch 1.04 and wondering why the heck I wasn't progressing "Hm... been at level 6 for a long time now." So yeah, hopefully that XP patch comes tomorrow (and will be retro-active), been getting Witcher withdrawal.

D: Left her job? When you put it like that it sounds like it was out of protest? Hope she'll be able to get back on her feet again soon.

Only played around 10 hours and did a few missions the other day and crafted myself a rather nice sword, currently level 6 almost Level 7 myself & already acquired quests that have far higher recommended level than one I'm at.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
So I just got this game for 13 quid. I'll give a fiddle later.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
How did you manage to get it for that price!?

Secret scouser ways, that and I used Axii on the girl at the till.

Well, obviously he traded one of his kidneys for a discount. It's the only reasonable explanation! :sly:

I can confirm I still have both my kidneys.

Anyways I had a fair good play last night, killed the griffin, got killed a few times too. Combat is quite the same as the second but I got used to it after awhile, and really began to feel comfortable in the world, whatever it's called.

Can't wait to play more. Oh and yeah, I have gotten used to Geralt's voice now, it's kinda hunkish.

Love the whole two swords, steel & silver, always wondered why he had two.

Overall, it's awwwessssoooomeee! I'll see about uploading a video of me playing tonight, I do have a fair few vids on my youtube now, ps4 is so easy to share videos. :p

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Only played around 10 hours and did a few missions the other day and crafted myself a rather nice sword, currently level 6 almost Level 7 myself & already acquired quests that have far higher recommended level than one I'm at.
Yeah, I got a bunch of high-leveled quests backed up in my quest log at the moment as well.. Matter of fact, there's one sitting in there right now with a level recommendation of 33.... sssss... yeeaaahhh...

So I just got this game for 13 quid. I'll give a fiddle later.
dafuq?!?

.. Hm, maybe I should take up whoring myself out more often... for uh, benefits.

Glad you're enjoying it though, this game is definitely awesome. And yay! Now we have someone else to talk with about the game now! :D

Feel free to share the vids man.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I'm currently level 4, and in Velen looking for the witch.

I have a fair few vids on my youtube, check em out if you want.

Oh and is it just me or is Charles Dance, aka Tywin Lannister voicing the emporer?

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh and is it just me or is Charles Dance, aka Tywin Lannister voicing the emporer?

Yeah thats him and I havent long done that quest myself, currently level 6 nearing Level 7 I believe.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Oh I just hit level seven last night, still in Velen working for a witch. Really getting immersed into it now. Also one thing I'm really, really wondering about is the alchemy, I mean once you craft oils, bombs, potions etc, do you have an infinite supply of them? As every time I meditate they are replenished, will I ever run out of them?

Also I think I'm getting the hang of the combat a bit more now.

That's me, currently level 8 here. Need to invest in the blocking arrow skill, archers are proper ****ing me off. But aside from the archers, drowners, and people with loads of armour/heavy weapons I'm fairly handy in a fight, just need to dodge more, get the block arrow skill, and then I think I'll be set. Not bad for four days really, I've apparently spent over 24 hours in the game already.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh I just hit level seven last night, still in Velen working for a witch. Really getting immersed into it now. Also one thing I'm really, really wondering about is the alchemy, I mean once you craft oils, bombs, potions etc, do you have an infinite supply of them? As every time I meditate they are replenished, will I ever run out of them?

You have to have a form of strong alcohol on your person to replenish them and on higher difficulties they dont replenish this way from what I remember.

That's me, currently level 8 here. Need to invest in the blocking arrow skill, archers are proper ****ing me off. But aside from the archers, drowners, and people with loads of armour/heavy weapons I'm fairly handy in a fight, just need to dodge more, get the block arrow skill, and then I think I'll be set. Not bad for four days really, I've apparently spent over 24 hours in the game already.

I dont know how long ive played for but at a guess I would say around 15 hours so far, I get annoyed at archers and go for them first as pain dodging arrows and the heavy attacks of axes etc at same time. Im just closing in on Level 9 I believe and going to get the block arrow skill soon too. How did you find out how long you have spent in the game?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
You have to have a form of strong alcohol on your person to replenish them and on higher difficulties they don't replenish this way from what I remember.
Right, thanks dude!

I don't know how long I've played for but at a guess I would say around 15 hours so far, I get annoyed at archers and go for them first as pain dodging arrows and the heavy attacks of axes etc at same time. I'm just closing in on Level 9 I believe and going to get the block arrow skill soon too.

I just got to level 9 last night, getting revenge on some pirates. I've learned the first level of the block arrows & bolts, and am getting better at dodging more and more.

How did you find out how long you have spent in the game?

It says it next to your saves, I'm currently on one day, six hours, and thirty-eight minutes. I literally haven't stopped playing since Wednesday. Also for more annoyance here's another video I made last night, yay! I promise this will be the last video for awhile, unless any of you actually enjoy them?

Oh and word to the wise if you encounter a random griffin in south Velen, do not attack it, I repeat, DO NOT ATTACK IT. Just had my arse handed to me by it, it's a bloody level 77. :lol:

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It says it next to your saves, I'm currently on one day, six hours, and thirty-eight minutes. I literally haven't stopped playing since Wednesday. Also for more annoyance here's another video I made last night, yay! I promise this will be the last video for awhile, unless any of you actually enjoy them?

Never noticed that, will take a look next time I load it up.

Oh and word to the wise if you encounter a random griffin in south Velen, do not attack it, I repeat, DO NOT ATTACK IT. Just had my arse handed to me by it, it's a bloody level 77. :lol:

Duly noted, came across a couple of locations full of quite high level enemies but nothing that high yet thankfully. Wish I had more time to play it, only managed to play it on 3 occasions so far since release day. Granted the first day I got it I played for 8 hours straight though (which is rarity for me these days). :lol:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Can finally start playing again thanks to the newest patch.

Quick tip for when doing horse races guys, DO NOT veer off the track course, even if it's just for a handful of seconds. I accidentally did so in my first race cause my opponent bumped me off the road and I had to maneuver around a tree. In doing so I got counted for taking a shortcut, so I lost all the money I had down (84 coins), and you have to race again to get your money back. D:< I was a bit mad to say the least, so I threw my fist up at the guy and made him run... mildly satisfying.
Yeah thats him and I havent long done that quest myself, currently level 6 nearing Level 7 I believe.
I don't know what it was about him when talking to him, but he was so damn intimidating, I haven't felt that from a character in a game for a long time. Very good actor.
I just got to level 9 last night, getting revenge on some pirates. I've learned the first level of the block arrows & bolts, and am getting better at dodging more and more.
Jeez, you guys are flyin' right past me in the levels (still 6 here), I've mostly been getting myself sidetracked with exploring the sights of the world. Also, in the latest patch CDPR fixed it so that now we can finally block arrows when out of range, was driving me nuts how cheap those archers were.
Rumford said:
You can also pull up your hours played and stats in the character menu and pressing the right trigger button, shows it at the bottom. I've got 24hrs and 9mins so far, pssh, still got a really long way to go. And yeah man, keep it up it's good stuff.
Rumford said:
Noted as well, had a few brushes with some high-level enemies myself and barely got out alive. I really need to start hoarding up on potions and food. Also from your video, I had no idea you can use crossbows while underwater, will definitely help me going forward now so thanks for that. :)

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Quick tip for when doing horse races guys, DO NOT veer off the track course, even if it's just for a handful of seconds. I accidentally did so in my first race cause my opponent bumped me off the road and I had to maneuver around a tree. In doing so I got counted for taking a shortcut, so I lost all the money I had down (84 coins), and you have to race again to get your money back. D:< I was a bit mad to say the least, so I threw my fist up at the guy and made him run... mildly satisfying.

Haven't had a go at the horse races yet but I did veer off the track when racing Keira Metz so lost the race with her but doesn't matter much. I'll probably do them soon.

Jeez, you guys are flyin' right past me in the levels (still 6 here), I've mostly been getting myself sidetracked with exploring the sights of the world. Also, in the latest patch CDPR fixed it so that now we can finally block arrows when out of range, was driving me nuts how cheap those archers were.

I actually just hit level 11 last night, and finished all the story quests in Velen, I'm still there as there's so bloody much side stuff to do but I'm free to leave and go to Novigrad anytime I want. I've also got all three levels of the block arrows/bolts skill now so archers are no longer a problem for me. And got better equipment I can't believe I was actually using level 1 equipment all through the game haha, I'm such an idiot. I was wondering why the game was so hard. xD

So yeah I am level 11 and now have level 11 equipment.

You can also pull up your hours played and stats in the character menu and pressing the right trigger button, shows it at the bottom. I've got 24hrs and 9mins so far, pssh, still got a really long way to go. And yeah man, keep it up it's good stuff.

Right thanks, I was wondering where I saw that. :p I'm actually on 1 day, 22 hours, and 6 minutes.

I had no idea you can use crossbows while underwater, will definitely help me going forward now so thanks for that. :)

You can also fight with a torch in hand, for those dark dungeons, I just killed a vampire in a very dark dungeon.

Really becoming obsessed with this game guys, I even bought the first book in the series last night was reading it on my kindle. The last wish is a book of collection of stories about Geralt it's an introduction to him before the actual series of books was written.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Havent done any horse races as of yet, only that breif one with Keira Metz which I won.

I don't know what it was about him when talking to him, but he was so damn intimidating, I haven't felt that from a character in a game for a long time. Very good actor.

I was just thinking Tywin Lannister while he was talking and he was an intimidating character too.

Ive been travelling to as many ? on the map as possible and taking every notice board notice whenever I see one just to flag some locations. Hoping for that larger text patch next time I manage to play (been tiling my kitchen) as some of them are a pain to read as are the in game books. Also found about 6 stones of power so far which helped up some of my skills.

I will take a look at that next time im on but im guessing im around 15 hour mark or there abouts.

You can also fight with a torch in hand, for those dark dungeons, I just killed a vampire in a very dark dungeon.

Happy about that as nothing worse than having to keep switching between a weapon and a torch in a dark cave, characters have 2 hands people.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
OK Witcher 3, Elder Scrolls Online, or Neverwinter?