• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

They don't make 'em like this no-more...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
They don't make 'em like this no-more...

So I had a day off today, and there was nothing to watch. So I turned on Cartoon Network hoping to catch one of their "oldies", and I was lucky to tune in to Courage the Cowardly Dog. This show was a favourite of mine when I was a kid. The episode they aired was called "The Last of the Starmakers" and it was just superb. Just so beautiful and sad at the same time. Back in the days the creators really put a lot of thought into their shows, unlike today when it is all mass-produced, Disney Channel bullcrap.

Anyway, watch it yourself and tell me what you think:

The Last of the Starmakers

:'(

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Re: They don't make 'em like this no-more...

I used to love courage the cowardly dog :D

I actually downloaded all four seasons of one of my old favs, johnny bravo! Huh ah huh! Hey there pretty mama....

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

I'm an Ed Edd 'n Eddy fan, myself.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Tyloric;385079 said:
I'm an Ed Edd 'n Eddy fan, myself.

I used to have a crush on Marie Kanker. :wub:

SaintHermit

I nose hair
Reaction score

I used to have a crush on Marie Kanker

If that's the one with blue hair over one eye than I did too, double D was lucky.

Also, that one episode of courage with the huge dam and the beaver was like, whoa, man.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

I used to watch that.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I think Ben 10 is pretty nice. Another good one on CN is the one where forgotten imaginary monsters are in an orphanage or something... can`t remember the name.
The 3D Star Wars is pretty interesting too.
Most cartoons certainly don`t look as good, though. But some are still pretty good.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

The new series Adventure Time on CN (which got started on Nick, strangely enough) is fantastic.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I watched four or five episodes on the net last night, I miss when cartoons were good. Also, such a sad episode.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

SaintHermit;385084 said:
If that's the one with blue hair over one eye than I did too, double D was lucky.

I thought I was the only one!! :D

Thank **** we have rule 34, eh? :p:p:p:p::p:p:p

No, but I miss that show.

Btw, there's a theory that Edd Ed 'n' Eddy are actually stuck in a kind of purgatory. all the kids are.

*looks for the link*

http://4chanarchive.org/brchive/dsp...id=2241049&x=Dark+takes+of+childhood+cartoons [HAS 18+ ADS]

Hit Ctrl+F and type "Part 1" to skip to the edd ed n eddy bit

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

Oh great, nostalgia. I absolutely hate it and I hate people who thrive on it. They sit around and ***** and moan about how "cartoons these days aren't as cool as they were back in the 90's!!!" ...well what the hell are you doing sitting around watching cartoons, you're an adult. Honestly, I can't stand people who sit around and complain about that stuff. It's not important, cartoons aren't the defining point of society.
If, however, you were a cartoonist who was nostalgic and was actually going to create a 90's-esque cartoon and complained that stuff nowadays was crap, then you have a right to because you're actually trying to improve the situation. I hate nostalgic people, just saying.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

LobotomizedLOVE;385113 said:
Oh great, nostalgia. I absolutely hate it and I hate people who thrive on it. They sit around and ***** and moan about how "cartoons these days aren't as cool as they were back in the 90's!!!" ...well what the hell are you doing sitting around watching cartoons, you're an adult. Honestly, I can't stand people who sit around and complain about that stuff. It's not important, cartoons aren't the defining point of society.
If, however, you were a cartoonist who was nostalgic and was actually going to create a 90's-esque cartoon and complained that stuff nowadays was crap, then you have a right to because you're actually trying to improve the situation. I hate nostalgic people, just saying.

WELCOME BACK!!

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

LOBOTOMIZEDLOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

LobotomizedLOVE;385113 said:

Don't be hating on nostalgia. Things were better before. :getlost:

And yes, I watch cartoons when I get the opportunity and I am proud of it. It was such a big part of my childhood and all, so watching them again makes me squee girlishly with delight.

Cartoons these days are retarded. They seem to be created on the assumption that kids these days are retarded and as such contain no intelligent humour. There is no class whatsoever in them. However, the old stuff had class. Cartoons are, after all, made by adults and the old shows contained a lot of stuff you didn't realize when you were a kid; be it references to movies or books, or downright dirty things*. Things that you'll only take notice of as an adult.

*Watch the show "Rocky's Modern Life". That **** is perverted as all hell. For example there is a fast food chain called "Chokey Chicken". Hilarious.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I am nostalgic to the eighties, and I wasn't even born there, those movies, hair bands and old fashion games were king.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu -

I used to watch Ed Edd N' Eddy, Courage, Ren and Stempy, The Angry Beavers Show, etc.

Now I can't find any GOOD cartoons. There are some that are watch-able, but nothing like the good old days.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and Chowder are both quite enjoyable, in a "internet randomness" sort of way, Silent.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

It's alright, but I still don't think it stands up to alot of the older shows. Plus you have to sit through 3 hours of cartoon degrassi drama **** to get to a half decent show.

Unless you have Tivo..

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Anyone remember the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy? I loved that show, Ren and Stimpy, Cow and Chicken, Ed Edd and Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog... Oh golly. *nostalgiagasm*

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Firis;385128 said:
Anyone remember the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy? I loved that show, Ren and Stimpy, Cow and Chicken, Ed Edd and Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog... Oh golly. *nostalgiagasm*

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, was Awesome! That was half-way recent wasn't it?