• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Update] TES: Online Announced

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
tesonline.png

Was only a matter of time and now it's finally happening, not sure how I feel about this. ZeniMax Online Studios are developing it and the game is set a millennium before the events in Skyrim with the daedric prince Molag pulling all of Tamriel into his "demonic realm". The game will feature solo questing, public dungeons, and PvP conflicts between multiple factions where players will battle for the Emperor's throne.

Game Informer will be doing a full-month coverage of the game and will be releasing a 12-page preview in their next magazine issue. That's all that is revealed so far, but there will be a trailer released for it tomorrow.​
Source,
PCGamer

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
April fools was a month ago, Gikoku...

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Whats with all the hate? i think it will pretty dam sweet. Wish i had a better PC.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Whats with all the hate? i think it will pretty dam sweet. Wish i had a better PC.

Pessimism: Preparing for possible disappointment.

Everyone thought Final Fantasy XI would be great. LOL NOPE

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
The Bugs of Scrolls: Online. Make it past the login screen, good luck.

Azer249

Reaction score
The Bugs of Scrolls: Online. Make it past the login screen, good luck.

It's not being made by Betheda, in addition to that i think they could really pull it off considering it's been in development since 2007 when Zenimax online formed. I really think the game has a change of being amazing, but i also think it could fall flat on it's face. Tomorrow the first teaser is being released and hopefully it will showcase the art style at least.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Cain

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this. The focus on solo questing but allowing for Faction warfare is a smart move by Zenimax. And adding to that it's in the previously unseen second era, after the fall of the Reman Empire, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Also, mysterious image with three animals. Some fans think it's factions, but it's too early to say. the Dragon would fit for the Empire or Akaviri.

front610.jpg

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I haven't even played The Elder Scrolls yet, and I'm still facepalming.

.. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. .. . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . .. . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. .. . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . .. .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ...`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
.. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's not being made by Betheda
If the game will be running on that modified Gamebryo engine from a decade ago that's used for Skyrim, then it wouldn't really matter if it's Bethesda making the game or not.. that relic of an engine is terribly buggy. I doubt ZOS is more knowledgeable with the software than Bethesda themselves and given how buggy a single-player experience is, I can't even imagine how an MMO environment would be.
April fools was a month ago, Gikoku...
Unfortunately.
I dunno, the idea of an MMO and Elder Scrolls just feels really weird to me. Combat-wise I can see myself having plenty of fun, but trying to enjoy the world, towns, etc. while you have random people bugging you or running around naked doing nothing doesn't appeal to me. Co-op on the other hand I wouldn't mind.

If it's not free-to-play then I'm passing it regardless.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
so youve played the game? you know its buggy?
A game without bugs is fiction. Especially in a MMO, where the world has to be huge and the amount of content counting to the thousands of mixed objects, quests, maps, NPCs, factions and more if it's under the title of 'Elder Scrolls' name. If you ask me; I am not putting faith on the game until there's gameplay, or well enough footage to see that it is decent and not your usual over-hyped video game.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
I am not putting faith on the game until there's gameplay, or well enough footage to see that it is decent and not your usual over-hyped video game.
You should be doing that with all games if you ask me. One of my favorite expressions is: no expectations no disappointments. Though i am a huge fan boy of Halo, i knew Halo Wars was gunna suck, but i was still excited to see what i was gunna bring to the table. That being said im not a huge fan of RTS's nor am i a fan of MMO's but im still excited too see how its gunna turn out.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
You should be doing that with all games if you ask me. One of my favorite expressions is: no expectations no disappointments. Though i am a huge fan boy of Halo, i knew Halo Wars was gunna suck, but i was still excited to see what i was gunna bring to the table. That being said im not a huge fan of RTS's nor am i a fan of MMO's but im still excited too see how its gunna turn out.
That's opinions for you. Instead, I think Halo Wars was one of the best RTS games, and the jewel crown of the now gone Ensemble Studios. I am not going to say that any game under the 'Elder Scrolls' title is going to be simple or easy to make, but in the same time I cannot deny from history that there will be bugs - and we both know it. There's no point discussing this, because we still need to see what the game will be. Hopefully, it will live up and impress everyone, otherwise it will be nothing better than any other game developer has done so far.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I think The Elder Scrolls world and lore fits perfectly with an MMO and im torn with my opinion on if it will be a good or bad thing. Its been in production for 5 years so far and isnt out for another year so they have had lots of time to work on it and modify the engine to iron out bugs. However MMO's have never really grabbed by attention as most are very menu happy and feel cluttered. In a game world where its great to travel the world and experience things in the wild and explore hidden places I dont know how well that will translate with thousands of other people wandering around doing the same.

Also I refuse to pay monthly for any game and the only MMO ive ever bothered with for this reason is Guild Wars. If the game does well and works on the scale they are hoping it might be good for the future of the series as it will be the first step into multiplayer aspect. Could open up new possibilities for future Elder Scrolls games having a co-op mode etc.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
I cannot deny from history that there will be bugs - and we both know it.
Yes, i do agree with you that it is inevitable that any game will have bugs. But its not the soul reason to hate on a game that has yet to even be relesed yet. I just found it odd that thats the nit you decided to pick.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Yes, i do agree with you that it is inevitable that any game will have bugs. But its not the soul reason to hate on a game that has yet to even be relesed yet. I just found it odd that thats the nit you decided to pick.
It's the main thing over my head. The Elder Scrolls games are great, but the little flaws could always make the most dedicated fan disappointed due to the fact that too many little issues can and will affect the overall gameplay to an extent. I might have enjoyed Skyrim, but some people haven't for that very reason.

Moving towards the massively multiplayer online genera isn't an easy thing. I realize the game has been under development for a few years now, half a decade actually, but that doesn't say for certain how many little things will affect the overall gameplay.

Maybe I was too harsh, but they suddenly walk upfront and state that they begun developing an Elder Scrolls mmorpg ever since the release of Oblivion back in 2006. It's sudden, unexpected and unclear. It's not going to be pretty and dandy, but my current judgement isn't final, since I don't know anything of the game and all I am saying is based on assumption rather than actual footage and information of the game.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
They want your money.

All of it.
Well, the publisher perhaps. I am not sure what the end developer wants. If they did it only for the money then the game isn't going to be much of a massively multiplayer online game. Because games are like movies. Some people make movies just for the money and we know that they suck, but the movies that are made with that something extra, even with a low budget are those that are known.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Well, the publisher perhaps. I am not sure what the end developer wants. If they did it only for the money then the game isn't going to be much of a massively multiplayer online game. Because games are like movies. Some people make movies just for the money and we know that they suck, but the movies that are made with that something extra, even with a low budget are those that are known.
Im not going to get in to business projections and shareholder value, but if they see an opportunity to make money; they take it. Thus the birth of Elderscolls The MMORPG! The fandom/market is there so why not? Youve said it your self (and i tottaly agree with you) look at the abomination that is the Final Fantasy franchise. And (i hate to admit it) Halo too. Halo: 1, 2, 3, 3 ODST, Wars, Reach, Halo 1 HD, and now 4. And our Beloved Fable...