• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Update] TES: Online Announced

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Im not going to get in to business projections and shareholder value, but if they see an opportunity to make money; they take it. Thus the birth of Elderscolls The MMORPG! The fandom/market is there so why not? Youve said it your self (and i tottaly agree with you) look at the abomination that is the Final Fantasy franchise. And (i hate to admit it) Halo too. Halo: 1, 2, 3, 3 ODST, Wars, Reach, Halo 1 HD, and now 4. And our Beloved Fable...
Well each franchise you mentioned has its own story and it's mostly a matter of opinion. Final Fantasy Online was only a failed attempt, but Final Fantasy games are still big role-playing games and enjoyable to play. Halo 3: ODST is my personal favorite and there's a split between people who enjoyed Halo: Reach and those who didn't. Halo 4? Looks promising, but I am waiting to E3 to learn more.

Also, 'Beloved' Fable is a little controversial. The first game, Fable for the X-Box was released with major disappointments from the fans, still managed to pull through and start the franchise we know today; however, it always was about the developer's enthusiasm to hype the fans, the media fuelling that enthusiasm and in the end regardless of how the game was, if you were hyped by all the news and whatever it would be a disappointment.

If you didn't pay attention to anything, without expectations, Fable is a good franchise because of what it offers and the line between role-playing and action it has itself. I don't see much excitement since Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas did everything that Fable 3 does back in 2004, but still, Fable has its unique features and style which left the mark in the game industry.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Well each franchise you mentioned has its own story and it's mostly a matter of opinion. Final Fantasy Online was only a failed attempt, but Final Fantasy games are still big role-playing games and enjoyable to play. Halo 3: ODST is my personal favorite and there's a split between people who enjoyed Halo: Reach and those who didn't. Halo 4? Looks promising, but I am waiting to E3 to learn more.
I love halo 3 ODST (bit on the short side but made up for it in atmosphere) and Love Reach. From what ive read about H4 there are some things i dont agree with, and some i do, but like you, am going to wait for e3 before i start drawing conclusions. Even then i know im gunna get it in the end :p. MMO's 'aint my thing; but like i said before, the idea is there. I would like to see how they pull it off none the less.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
From what ive read about H4 there are some things i dont agree with, and some i do
Halo 4 has the benefit of being under the wing of Microsoft. That means they get some of the best veteran developers out there, solid budget and all the resources they may need to produce a successful game - lets keep in mind that Halo is probably the adopted jewel crown of the Xbox 360 as a game console; perhaps some other games have better sales high, but Halo earned its spot as a flagship game back in its day.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Also, 'Beloved' Fable is a little controversial. The first game, Fable for the X-Box was released with major disappointments from the fun, still managed to pull through and start the franchise we know today; however, it always was about the developer's enthusiasm to hype the fans, the media fuelling that enthusiasm and in the end regardless of how the game was, if you were hyped by all the news and whatever it would be a disappointment.

If you didn't pay attention to anything, without expectations, Fable is a good franchise because of what it offers and the line between role-playing and action it has itself. I don't see much excitement since Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas did everything that Fable 3 does back in 2004, but still, Fable has its unique features and style which left the mark in the game industry.

See i knew nothing of the promises that Fable 1 was going to bring. My friend reneted it one day after seeing the commercial on TV and told me how awesome it was. Then i bought it and played it 8-9 times after that :p

I guess what im trying to say that If this MMO bombs it wont bother me cus i know im not going to get it. If i paid money for a game that sucked major ass when i was told it was going to be the next best thing (Two Worlds:sly:) i would be ****ed, yes of course. But untill then... we'll just have to wait and see.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I guess what im trying to say that If this MMO bombs it wont bother me cus i know im not going to get it. If i paid money for a game that sucked major ass when i was told it was going to be the next best thing (Two Worlds:sly:) i would be ****ed, yes of course. But untill then... we'll just have to wait and see.

The first Two Worlds game was forgivable, however Two Worlds II wasn't. That's why it failed, besides of some DRM bs.
Also, Two Worlds' theme was impressive.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
The first Two Worlds game was forgivable, however Two Worlds II wasn't. That's why it failed, besides of some DRM bs.
God i hated Two worlds... i found out about it on this guys site, cus i collect his swords and they where going to be featered in the game. I though that was the coolest thing back then. I watched a bunch of tech. demos for Two Worlds then when the game came out bought it. And man, i was sooo disappointed. But lets not get in to that :p

When i bought F1 i was going on the word of my friend, not that i would be able to grow trees. I see F2 as a ture sequel to F1, not an upgrade to what F1 should have been as Yahtzee puts it. Ignorance is bliss i guess.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
God i hated Two worlds... i found out about it on this guys site, cus i collect his swords and they where going to be featered in the game. I though that was the coolest thing back then. I watched a bunch of tech. demos for Two Worlds then when the game came out bought it. And man, i was sooo disappointed. But lets not get in to that :p

When i bought F1 i was going on the word of my friend, not that i would be able to grow trees. I see F2 as a ture sequel to F1, not an upgrade to what F1 should have been as Yahtzee puts it. Ignorance is bliss i guess.
I actually bought Two Worlds because a store at the time was selling out everything for low prices, and there was Two Worlds Collectors Edition - Xbox 360 version for 20 Euros. I still have the collectors edition contents somewhere. When I bought the first Fable game it was shortly after I bought Halo: Combat Evolved for my X-Box and later on the PC.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Update. They released some new screens of the game and looks like it's on a completely different engine (hallelujah!), but is it just me or is anyone else getting a KOA: Reckoning vibe from these?

Doesn't feel very familiar to the Elder Scrolls of yore.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Herk erk erk.

If I didn't know the name of that game, I wouldn't have guessed it to be Elder Scrolls. Some look like Warcraft, others like Dungeons & Dragons (the "Drider" in particular).

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Herk erk erk.

If I didn't know the name of that game, I wouldn't have guessed it to be Elder Scrolls. Some look like Warcraft, others like Dungeons & Dragons (the "Drider" in particular).
This screenshots give it away that it's based on the graphic engine that was used by Oblivion. The walking animation, the textures dramatically remind me of Skyrim/Oblivion.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Some details and a trailer have been released too:

• ZeniMax Online's 250 Person Team began development on the game in 2007.
• Takes place 1,000 years in the past.
• Fully voice acted & features a third-person perspective.
• The game uses a hotbar to activate skills like other traditional MMOs.
• Crafting, alchemy, and soul gems will be included.
• There will be Daedric Princes like Molag Bal, who acts as the game's primary antagonist.
• There are three player factions: Ebonheart Pact: The Nords, Dunmer, and Argoninans; Aldmeri Dominion: Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajit; Daggerfall Covenant: Bretons, Redguard, and Orcs.
• Hitting the level cap takes roughly 120 hours.
• The game features three-faction PvP, which has players fighting to take over keeps and using siege weapons.
• 100 v 100 battles will be possible.
• The most accomplished PvP player on your faction becomes Emperor upon taking control of Cyrodil's Imperial City

According to reports its actually powered by Star Wars: The Old Republic's Hero Engine.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Some details and a trailer have been released too:
• The most accomplished PvP player on your faction becomes Emperor upon taking control of Cyrodil's Imperial City
You will rule as King in Fable 3! Seriously though. I will not believe that until I see it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Is that Dumbledore narrating??

Yes it is and the game world is described as 'very large' in comparison to Skyrim, with most of the world of Tamriel featured, including Skyrim, Morrowind, Summerset Isle, and Elseweyr. Confirmed towns include Imperial City, Windhelm, Daggerfall, Sentinel, Mournhold, Ebonheart, Elden Root, Shornhelm, Evermore, and Riften. Though it is unknown at the moment how many will be available from release.

Some more details can be found here.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

Guild Wars 2.

/thread

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Yes it is and the game world is described as 'very large' in comparison to Skyrim, with most of the world of Tamriel featured, including Skyrim, Morrowind, Summerset Isle, and Elseweyr. Confirmed towns include Imperial City, Windhelm, Daggerfall, Sentinel, Mournhold, Ebonheart, Elden Root, Shornhelm, Evermore, and Riften. Though it is unknown at the moment how many will be available from release.

Some more details can be found here.
Holy **** that sounds awesome. Ive always wanted to see what Summerset isle and Elseweyr looked like. Same with Valenwood...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

Guild Wars 2.

/thread

Wish I had a PC to run it, ive got a lot of respect for the guys at ArenaNet and them creating a stable, big selling MMO that competes with the other MMO behemoths and no monthly fees.

Tyloric

Reaction score
Wish I had a PC to run it, ive got a lot of respect for the guys at ArenaNet and them creating a stable, big selling MMO that competes with the other MMO behemoths and no monthly fees.

The system requirements are actually extremely modest.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The system requirements are actually extremely modest.

So ive seen but still dont know if my Laptop would run it, most taxing game ive run successfully on my laptop is Oblivion. Was hoping I got into the Beta so I could test it but cant know if it will run ok without trying it.

Tyloric

Reaction score
So ive seen but still dont know if my Laptop would run it, most taxing game ive run successfully on my laptop is Oblivion. Was hoping I got into the Beta so I could test it but cant know if it will run ok without trying it.

Dude, if you can run Oblivion you can run GW2. It might not be Ultra settings, but still. I can't run Oblivion, but can run GW2.