• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Video Diary 4 is finished and awaiting approval...

R

Raiyell

Video Diary 4 is finished and awaiting approval...

The following is a quote from Sam himself, the man who makes the videos, regarding the status of the Video Diary 4:

Sam said:
A lot of the Fable 2 team were in over the weekend (and will be next weekend as well). Hell, some of us even don't get to take a proper Christmas holiday because they have a game to finish!

As in regards to the next video diary: it's done, I'm finished with it, and it now lies in the capable hands of the Xbox Live people (I've basically handed them the files over) so I don't have any control as to when exactly it'll be released but it'll be soon I presume.

There you go. The video is finished, and only needs to be approved and put up on live by the Xbox Live team at Microsoft. Expect the Diary sometime this week or maybe Tuesday or Wednesday next week (Christmas is Tuesday, which would mean it would be my original prediction :p).

I made a new thread for this for the people who have already read the other threads and have decided to ignore them since they probably wont have new info.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot a link...again.

Lionhead Community - Video diary #4 is coming ...hold tight .... tomorrow ???

his post is towards the middle of the page.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Video Diary 4 is finished and awaiting approval...

Xbox live isn't the only place the video diarys go. :p Nice Find though. :D

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

:w00t: Great find +Rep That was posted about 9 hours ago so My guess is that it will come out tomorrow YAY! :D

R

Raiyell

yea, it will be up on the internet, however, it will be on live at least at the same time and it will be put up by the live team or from someone with permission from them.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Look forward to seeing it when its put online, great find by the way. +rep

Z

Zingo

Stonkin' great!

+rep!

R

Raiyell

Thanks guys. I hope we get it sometime this week. It's killing me.

R

RuneMaster

Its weird how much I enjoy those video diaries, good find +rep.

C

cometojames

where is it!!! does sam have an account on projectego i swear ive seen him on here!!! Does anyone know what it is about

R

Raiyell

1. It is not released yet. It will be shortly though.
2. I have no idea if he has an account here.
3. It is able about the Fable 2 world. This is the first Fable 2 diary, while the others were only Lionhead diaries. However, this is, also, the only Fable 2 only diary that we know of.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Raiyell;149918 said:
3. It is able about the Fable 2 world. This is the first Fable 2 diary, while the others were only Lionhead diaries. However, this is, also, the only Fable 2 only diary that we know of.

The other ones were about fable 2. Not any other game. o_O.. Where does it say they're changing the name of it? They said "Next video diary" Which makes me assume "Lionhead Diary 4" o_O

R

Raiyell

No, technically the first 3 diaries were not about Fable 2. They are called Lionhead Video Diaries so that they can do anything about Lionhead. That's why there is no reason for people to complain, saying, "Why did they show the costume party in the Fable 2 diary?" It had to do with Lionhead so it was in the Lionhead Video Diary. However, being Lionhead, a company who pays an immense amount of attention to the community, Sam announced that the next diary, Lionhead Video Diary #4, will be focused on the Fable 2 world and allowed for us to contribute questions to be asked in the video. The video is still the 4th diary, but it technically is the first one that is about Fable 2. The first three have ban about Fable 2 just because it is the only thing they have announced that they are making. Once they announce their other projects, they will be included in the diaries, as well, in addition to any Lionhead activities and events.

L

LionHeadTex

§ephiroxa§;149928 said:
The other ones were about fable 2. Not any other game. o_O.. Where does it say they're changing the name of it? They said "Next video diary" Which makes me assume "Lionhead Diary 4" o_O
True, but maybe this diary will be straight forward information (and answering those questions we gave LH).

Wow guys, it's the 20th...hope it comes out soon, and even if I won't be picky, it would be great if it was released before christmas day.

R

Raiyell

Oh, I should add what some other devs have said about the Diary, too.

Gradius1 said:
I have watced it a few times now, and it is very cool indeed.

Not a massive amount of cold, hard verbal info, but enough things seen on monitors etc to generate a LOT of talking and possible excitement.

I know of one person on these boards who will be happy after watching it. :p

Glen Watts1 said:
It's worth the wait this one, I think it's the best of the lot so far.

and an update from Sam:

Sam said:
Well, the reason why I don't post it on the site yet is exactly because it's cool to have the video come out on both Xbox Live Marketplace and the internet at the same time in my opinion! I know everyone is eager to see it and I'll be the first one to admit that I want it to go out as soon as possible but in order to get it up and released on the marketplace we need to have a little patience. I spoke to my friends at Microsoft last night and it's being sorted out so hopefully not too long now before it's out.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Raiyell;149944 said:
No, technically the first 3 diaries were not about Fable 2. They are called Lionhead Video Diaries so that they can do anything about Lionhead. That's why there is no reason for people to complain, saying, "Why did they show the costume party in the Fable 2 diary?" It had to do with Lionhead so it was in the Lionhead Video Diary. However, being Lionhead, a company who pays an immense amount of attention to the community, Sam announced that the next diary, Lionhead Video Diary #4, will be focused on the Fable 2 world and allowed for us to contribute questions to be asked in the video. The video is still the 4th diary, but it technically is the first one that is about Fable 2. The first three have ban about Fable 2 just because it is the only thing they have announced that they are making. Once they announce their other projects, they will be included in the diaries, as well, in addition to any Lionhead activities and events.

The Key part of the Phrase "Lionhead Video Diary #4, will be focused on the Fable 2 world " is the word World,as in the world of Fable 2. All of the Video Diaries had something to do with Fable 2 but also let us, the community, get to know the faces behind the developers. A part that I really like. I imagine that this upcoming one will have the same format. Some Fable stuff and some about the developers and their hijinks. After all it can and should be used to attract new talent to the company.

Some may recall that I pulled a clip from the last Diary showing Pirates in Albion

R

Raiyell

no that is not the key phrase in the sentence. I guess I'll have to get the exact quote.

Community Call Video Diary Four
Published Tuesday, October 30, 2007 8:20 AM by Sam

[UPDATE 21/11/2007] Please stop posting questions for now - filming is taking place today 21st November so if your question isn't in by now, it won't make it into Episode Four. Some of your questions were quite and have been asked, hopefully giving me some nice soundbites.

Hello Lionhead Community, fans and Fable Fanatics! The creation of the fourth Lionhead Video Diary is well under way; I've picked the topic of our next episode after careful consideration and taking all your feedback into account. Please remember these are called Lionhead Developer Video Diaries and not just Fable Video Diaries, but I take your point that you want to see more Fable 2 ness and so, the subject of the next episode will be the World of Fable 2! Normally I wouldn't disclose the subject of the next episode as the surprise factor is half of the fun but on this occasion we want to hear from you!

We want all of you to submit your questions for the team. We've got our own list of set questions for the talking head segment of the video diary but there's always room for some community input. Leave your questions in the comments of this blog entry and we'll pick the best ones (or if there are none, we'll think of some more ourselves) and pose them to the Fable 2 developers to answer in the Lionhead Video Diary: Episode Four.

You've got until Monday 19th November 2007 to post your question(s) in the comments, as soon as the interviews have been recorded I'll update you all on which questions made it onto the list so you know what to look out for (or better, listen for) when Episode Four is released.

I'll finish this blog entry with a picture I made when working on Episode Three, because, you know, pictures are always nice.

Lionhead Community : Community Call Video Diary Four

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

cometojames;149876 said:
Does sam have an account on projectego i swear ive seen him on here!!!

Who knows for sure...

:ninja: :shifty:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I just found this post by Sam

Sam said:
Well, the reason why I don't post it on the site yet is exactly because it's cool to have the video come out on both Xbox Live Marketplace and the internet at the same time in my opinion! I know everyone is eager to see it and I'll be the first one to admit that I want it to go out as soon as possible but in order to get it up and released on the marketplace we need to have a little patience. I spoke to my friends at Microsoft last night and it's being sorted out so hopefully not too long now before it's out.

Not too Long

Edit:
Also This from one of the Developers

Glen Watts1 Senior AI Programmer said:
It's worth the wait this one, I think it's the best of the lot so far.

S

subaru

it should hurry cause i done seen the rest but i cant remeber were the bar fight video is any help there /:)

R

Raiyell

guess what guys, most of the xbox live people that need to be working to put the video up are on christmas break. the video wont be released until January. Fact.