• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[VIDEO] Lionhead Shows Fable III's Opening Cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Re: [VIDEO] Lionhead Shows Fable III's Opening Cinematic

DarkONI;413194 said:
Somethings tells me that Reaver will be betrayed by Logan as he was betrayed by Lucien in Fable II. However, Reaver this time will have a small surprise.
Are you just typing to stay awake, or are you actually basing this on something? :D

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

SimonKalevra;413195 said:
Are you just typing to stay awake, or are you actually basing this on something? :D

Basing on Lionhead's creativity and Pirates of Caribbean and some common ways that characters as Reaver get tricked and they answer back.

It's not something new. Such things are predictable. Though I'm not completely sure that Lionhead would repeat something in Fable III. Most likely I doubt, but there's always a good chance.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

DarkONI;413198 said:
Basing on Lionhead's creativity and Pirates of Caribbean and some common ways that characters as Reaver get tricked and they answer back.

It's not something new. Such things are predictable. Though I'm not completely sure that Lionhead would repeat something in Fable III. Most likely I doubt, but there's always a good chance.

But Reaver is around after Logans downfall. The developers stated that he makes you an offer after you become king

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;413199 said:
But Reaver is around after Logans downfall. The developers stated that he makes you an offer after you become king

Well, that's when many people will think that Reaver will trick them. My bet goes that someone else will betray the hero throughout the game, after Lucien's downfall, not Reaver. Though chances could make him to try and sneak to the hero. However, what's most important to Reaver is factories and money.

I believe if the hero doesn't disturb Reaver then Reaver won't be disturbing the hero, unless it ends that Reaver really wants a part of the kingdom.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

DarkONI;413198 said:

So you're just typing to stay awake then, good job hehe ;)

Recycled Human

Reaction score

SimonKalevra;413204 said:
So you're just typing to stay awake then, good job hehe ;)

Isn't this all just speculation anyway?

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

DarkONI;413201 said:
Well, that's when many people will think that Reaver will trick them. My bet goes that someone else will betray the hero throughout the game, after Lucien's downfall, not Reaver. Though chances could make him to try and sneak to the hero. However, what's most important to Reaver is factories and money.

I believe if the hero doesn't disturb Reaver then Reaver won't be disturbing the hero, unless it ends that Reaver really wants a part of the kingdom.

Well, he'll always want more. I just hope i can scare the arrogance out of him before i take him down

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

Personally, I think Reaver and Logan would clash. Logan's too power hungry to share his airspace with someone so self-involved and ambitious. Hence why I said I can't see them being partners of any kind.

I think Reaver will dislike Logan- but will keep his mouth shut because Logan's reign is providing his business with plenty to do and thus- plenty of money.

We do end up making a promise with Reaver in the game, which I believe means we gain his support (although knowing Reaver this support will probably be limited). This implies Reaver will be around till the second half of Fable 2 to see whether or not we follow through. So I doubt he is killed in the first half of the game...

DarkONi, it is possible Logan does betray Reaver or ****es him off in some way, although I don't see what the point in such a move would be if we already made that promise to him and gained his support. It's possible Reaver getting ****ed off would allow him to invest more support in our cause, and allow us to gain access to some of his resources (i.e a ship, like the one we saw in the E3 trailer.) Ohhh what a juicy thought.... >:} Alas that's a whole other can of worms to be opened!

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;413209 said:
Well, he'll always want more. I just hope i can scare the arrogance out of him before i take him down

I would like to see this in Fable III. Would be interesting to have a fight against Reaver, I'm sure that would be a good fight too. (other that it will be full of random jokes and references to Pirates of Caribbean)

Wasabi;413211 said:
DarkONi, it is possible Logan does betray Reaver or ****es him off in some way.
I shared this opinion a few posts ago. I'm sure something like that will happen, chances are high. We will see at the release of Fable III though.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Recycled Human;413208 said:
Isn't this all just speculation anyway?
Yes it is, but the guy sounded so convincing I just had to ask :)

Thought there might be some news on Fable III I hadn't read

chicken man

chicken chaser
Reaction score

if you watch the first trailer when the people marching you can see that chicken geting kicked. :(

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

Necromancer11;412988 said:
It's what's going to play before starting a new game. It's like the one with the bird at the beginning of Fable 2.

Oh allright. Thanks +rep I liked the bird one but this chicken one might give it a run for its money.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

AWWWW... not my buddy the chicken... THE CHICKEN LIVES.

I am firmly convinced. Also, he is the Sandgoose. Also-also, he's a hero, as evidenced by the fact that he survived that blast of fire and the firing squad and the fall and kicking the chicken salesman's ass. This means that he also survived the cook's rifle, and he will revive right before the cook begins to pluck him and gouge the man's eyes out.

Then, he will help the Hero escape and lead the Hero's army to a triumphant victory over Logan. Then, he will ensure that Truett Cathy is never born, and so Chick-fil-a will never exist, and I will cry myself to sleep every night.

sirsimon;412542 said:
R and L means Reaver and Logan, its so obvious

Wasabi;413191 said:
Not that obvious. Word is on the web that it means Logan Rex (King Logan). Makes sense. Reaver already has his own logo and company anyway, and I don't see him as a business partner with Logan.

Yep. Wasabi right there is right.

EDIT: Also, I just watched it at work, so it had to be muted. Can't wait to see it at home, with sound.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Why do people betray reaver. He is a narcissist egomaniac with an overactive sexlife and a superiority complex, and a very big gun, yet lucien betrayed him, and his 'Great Shard' got owned, as well as a lot of spire guards. That was when reaver owned one port town. Reaver has a company now (maybe). Imagine the consequences.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Everyones got advanced guns now, Reaver is just a skilled gunslinger. But that doesn't matter when your facing a volley of musket fire at your mushy body. He'll be no threat to anyone.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

Reaver is a Hero, so he's much more than just a skilled gunslinger. He also has many resources and connections. Logan won't be intimidated by him, but he's intimidating enough to have the power he does.

Regardless, I don't think half the implications we're making will even be touched upon in the game. He'll likely play that simple, conventional friend/foe role with some diary entry-like goodies thrown on top. I'll be happy with that! I'll be even more happy if he sticks around for me to flirt with.

Cause I'm shallow.

Arainai

Reaction score

Wasabi;416694 said:
Regardless, I don't think half the implications we're making will even be touched upon in the game. He'll likely play that simple, conventional friend/foe role with some diary entry-like goodies thrown on top. I'll be happy with that! I'll be even more happy if he sticks around for me to flirt with.

Cause I'm shallow.

Nah, I hope he is flirtable too. And with the new touch system...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.