• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Villagers hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
I've talked to several ppl abt this issue, and there are various reasons for villager hatred. I've been able to figure out most reasons why villagers hated ppl, but I am stuck right now on why my Bowerstone ppl seem to hate *me*.

My rent is normal/low on everything. I finished the game on highest level "good", have never killed a villager, never done a bad expression, donated money to xbox live ppl and villagers, made relationships, etc. I'm confused. Is it because I have another husband in another town? If this was the case ... wouldn't ppl in those other towns hate me as well? I'm ready to throw my hands up in defeat and start killing them all. Nobody kicks my freakin dog, man!

~@sh

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
Your outfit by chance? It may be the second husband though, you never know. I have a second wife and everyone is ok with me, and I look something menacing. Maybe some choices before the second half of the game?

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
The very state of being a landlord has been rumored to increase hate. Are you constantly repairing their homes? A lot of players have agreed that if you value the love of NPC's you shouldn't rent out houses, but should instead buy and own shops since they don't require regular upkeep.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Probably a bug
Nothing as small as having two spouses can **** the whole world off.

As far as I'm concerned, Lionhead messed up bad with this one - and that's saying a lot!

(cause they ****ed up pretty bad before)

Recycled Human

Reaction score
One thing to consider is blowing up gunpowder barrels during the storming of the castle. I blew up a barrel once that killed an a good guy and several others saw it. Don't know if that's it but it made a few people suddenly hate me.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I killed one guy in the gardens of Bowerstone Castle and even the kids in the Dweller Camp are talking about the murder and how I'll never be forgiven for it. Good job I have my current weapon fully maxed out so I get money every time I kill anyone - certainly makes murdering people more lucrative...

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
Well I can certainly say that, from the advice of others, I've sold *all* houses long ago and if there are any that I own it would only be 1 or 2 that I accidently missed. I do own all the shops. I do not dress evil, but have dyed my clothes red (is that an evil color is something?). When the game is loading and it shows stats between me and my friends it always states "maniacal ash: villagers killed~0". I know that the loading screen is not always 100% correct, but no one says anything *specifically* to me abt why they hate me (such as "you murderer!" or anything of the like). Just BOO, HISSSSS! I also tried doing relationship quests for each one individually, but as soon as the quest is done they go right back to hatred immediately. This is ONLY in Bowerstone Market, btw.

~@sh

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well I can certainly say that, from the advice of others, I've sold *all* houses long ago and if there are any that I own it would only be 1 or 2 that I accidently missed. I do own all the shops. I do not dress evil, but have dyed my clothes red (is that an evil color is something?). When the game is loading and it shows stats between me and my friends it always states "maniacal ash: villagers killed~0". I know that the loading screen is not always 100% correct, but no one says anything *specifically* to me abt why they hate me (such as "you murderer!" or anything of the like). Just BOO, HISSSSS! I also tried doing relationship quests for each one individually, but as soon as the quest is done they go right back to hatred immediately. This is ONLY in Bowerstone Market, btw.

~@sh

I can't think of any logical/game mechanic reason why this is happening so it is most likely an unfortunate glitch.

Kahindes

Reaction score

~@sh

I have relised that some NPC's dislike me in general despite fullfilling all my promises, setting the rent on lowest without profit at all, upkeeping them 100% nearly every ten minutes I play, and even saving 100% of Albions population, that there are still a few of community that dislike me greatly. My reasoning was that despite making all the right choices, some people were against the good choice in the first place.

My example of this is the policies that you set or reset through the time that you are King/Queen. One of them was the restrictions on the consumption, and overall availability of alcohol. The average class of people of Albion thought that a restriction was unfair, the higher class in Millfields and Bowerstone felt that the restriction was not good enough and demanded that all Alcohol in Albion be banned. On my first play-through I kept Logan's policies. The people that the alcohol restriction effected remained neutral. However second time around, I chose the Pure option of letting them have as much as they wanted, without the restriction.

Now, on that play-through, the people in Millfields and some higher classes in Bowerstone hate my guts completely. My point is that I think that it might just be technically impossible to make everyone love you, since nearly all the decisions you make will always have someone that is against them for better or worse of it.

I think that maybe we're not supposed to be keep everyone happy. Unless we want to go and interact with everyone that hates us personality and simply make them like you through interaction.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
so, it turns out (and i DID NOT know this) that villagers don't like it when you murder them.
overly-sensitive little bastards... :mad:

Bluedrake

Reaction score
so, it turns out (and i DID NOT know this) that villagers don't like it when you murder them.
overly-sensitive little bastards... :mad:

Yeah, every servant in the caslte hates me now. Would you really boo a complete psycho who had gone on a rampage? I'd run and hide. Overly-sensitive and stupid.

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
Yeah, every servant in the caslte hates me now. Would you really boo a complete psycho who had gone on a rampage? I'd run and hide. Overly-sensitive and stupid.
Only if slaughtering one would silence the rest. Oh well. More kills for me. :3

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
I have relised that some NPC's dislike me in general despite fullfilling all my promises, setting the rent on lowest without profit at all, upkeeping them 100% nearly every ten minutes I play, and even saving 100% of Albions population, that there are still a few of community that dislike me greatly. My reasoning was that despite making all the right choices, some people were against the good choice in the first place.

My example of this is the policies that you set or reset through the time that you are King/Queen. One of them was the restrictions on the consumption, and overall availability of alcohol. The average class of people of Albion thought that a restriction was unfair, the higher class in Millfields and Bowerstone felt that the restriction was not good enough and demanded that all Alcohol in Albion be banned. On my first play-through I kept Logan's policies. The people that the alcohol restriction effected remained neutral. However second time around, I chose the Pure option of letting them have as much as they wanted, without the restriction.

Now, on that play-through, the people in Millfields and some higher classes in Bowerstone hate my guts completely. My point is that I think that it might just be technically impossible to make everyone love you, since nearly all the decisions you make will always have someone that is against them for better or worse of it.

I think that maybe we're not supposed to be keep everyone happy. Unless we want to go and interact with everyone that hates us personality and simply make them like you through interaction.

That makes the most sense. I think that's the closest anyone will ever get to being able to explain this, lol. And I cannot individually make them like me, once I do favors for them they go immediately back to hatred in less than 15 seconds. *shrug* I guess it's not meant to be. 90% like is good enough ;)

~@sh

Kahindes

Reaction score
That makes the most sense. I think that's the closest anyone will ever get to being able to explain this, lol. And I cannot individually make them like me, once I do favors for them they go immediately back to hatred in less than 15 seconds. *shrug* I guess it's not meant to be. 90% like is good enough ;)

~@sh

Glad that I could help :) . Still a shame that we can't get 100% of the population to like us, but then again I guess that's kind of like real life. Oh well, as you said, 90% is good enough.

metacarpi

Reaction score
When you were a monarch, did many people die?

Even if you make all the "good" choices, if there's a high number of civilian casualites, you'll be hated once the population returns.

BoneNinja

Reaction score
I'm starting to have the same thing happen in Brightwall Village now. Everywhere else is fine. I'm totally good. No bad emotes. I don't own any houses (save the one my family lives in) just the shops. I went out questing and came back at one point and noticed several people there hated me. I have no idea why. I do the quest to make it up to them and then a bunch of emotes to make them happier, but it eventually goes back down again in a short period of time. I'm not even to the part where I'm Queen yet. If you ever find a solution let me know!

Brandi

The White Balverine Slayer
Reaction score
One thing that I know happened to me, was that some other player from Xbox live joined my game and started killing villagers. but im completely good, but now because that other person killed villagers in my game, im taking the heat for it. it drives me insane, because now the villagers are like "how dare you show your voice here, where you killed so many people" but i didnt even touch them.

Kuld von Reyn

Reaction score
While I have never experienced this exact scenario myself, I have experienced something similar. It sometimes seem as if certain NPCs dislike me if I am too good/benevolent. I am not just talking about Mercenary Camp mercenaries here; some Brightwall NPCs loudly proclaim their dislike of me because they interpret my actions as arrogant, thinking that I think myself better than everyone else. No matter how hard I try, I can't get them beyond Neutral either.

Makes sense, I guess, people who have a "holier than thou" personality will always **** off someone, even if that someone isn't a bad person themselves.

Of course, this is all just a theory based on the dialogue of the NPCs in question. Could be related to my landlording for all I know.

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
Could be a bug, I've got an unmarried good character who's never killed a villager and has low prices on all rented houses, and regularly repairs them so they never fall below 50%. Yet, the moment I became king, people started calling me murderer (I let Logan live.)
I'd say go ahead and kill them all, villagers are annoying as hell.

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
I started killing them off as soon as they started hitting my dog. NO ONE HITS HOWARD D:<

Status
Not open for further replies.