• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon Morphing: Modifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporkbrigade

Reaction score
A very nice listing has been posted at Fable Wiki since this thread was posted, so refer there for a more complete list: http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_Weapons

There are 2 sides to weapon morphs.

First is practical and based on fighting style:

Lots of fast hits = Shorter and lighter. Faster speed, lower damage.
Lots of blocking/Flourishes = Longer and heavier. Slow speed, higher damage

So if you want a giant broadsword, you've got to play that style. Personally I loved the katana from prevous Fables, and that's almost exactly what I have because I only flourish now and then late in a combo.

Second is just the cosmetic look of your weapons. This comes in 4 stages. The actual morph happens at the time you upgrade your weapon's skill. So for swords/hammers, it happens every time you upgrade melee from lvl 2-5. The upgrades happen in the following order:

Hilt (Melee/Ranged lvl 2):

The handle of your weapon has responded to your use of the <Insert spell> by adopting a more arcane design

Your chest-hunting skills have mutated the handle of your weapon.

Your victories over Hollow Men have transformed the handle of your weapon into a bone-like substance

Your positive attitude towards other people has transformed the handle of your weapon

Blade Style (Melee/Ranged lvl 3):

Your weapon has reacted to your social skills by changing its appearance

Your weapon has responded to your ability to make money by being more intricately designed

The love you have inspired in the hearts of others has transformed the design of your weapon.

The time you have spent with your weapon has affected its physical makeup

Color (Melee/Ranged lvl 4):

Your weapon has reacted to your unquenchable thirst for potions by becoming green.

Your digging abilities have dyed your weapon a copper hue

Your weapon has reacted to your landlord skills by exhibiting a bronze tint.

Your business acumen in the property business has turned your weapon red.

Your success in combat against mercenaries has imbued your weapon with a steel tint

Your ability to make gold has caused your weapon to turn a golden color

Your weapon has responded to your fortune by adopting a golden tint

Aura (Melee/Ranged lvl 5):

Your massacare of sand furries has given your weapon a blood-soaked aura

Your questing adventures have imbued your weapon with an ethereal aura

If anyone posts a modifier I've missed I'll add it. Also, note that all upgrades happen at the time you upgrade the associated skill. If you don't like what you get, reload your game and change what you're focusing on. The system is sensitive to whatever you're doing at the time. That's why so many people get stuck with the bone hilt for killing Hollowmen.

Shoe

Reaction score
My pistol turned black from fighting wolves.

Langston

Reaction score
I get one that says " The time you have spent with your weapon has changed it property"

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Liked.

This will prove EXTREMELY helpful now. We can actually determine our weapon appearance now. Just come to this great gentleman's post and do what you need to do.

Great job, I look forward to seeing more things added (as I am sure their is).

Let's see, I assume you were Good the way through Fable III? Because you have no Evil bonuses (morphs) in there.

sporkbrigade

Reaction score
Liked.

This will prove EXTREMELY helpful now. We can actually determine our weapon appearance now. Just come to this great gentleman's post and do what you need to do.

Great job, I look forward to seeing more things added (as I am sure their is).

Let's see, I assume you were Good the way through Fable III? Because you have no Evil bonuses (morphs) in there.

Exactly. I also pulled some from other threads, but so far the vast majority seem to be good. The only evil modifier I've ever heard of is a blood dripping aura if you kill innocents, but haven't seen it yet.

kayyeah

Reaction score
Would of liked, a little more information on what the morph looks like, and it seems some of the modifiers use the same or similar morphs.
Like if you get knocked out, you can get on along lines of that, and it looks exactly like the Hollowman bone hilt, as well as another hilt for spending time with other heroes looks exactly like the chest hunter hilt.
Hope this can help?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
sticky this. please. now.
this is what i need to see when i do my second playthrough.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i'd recommend referring to the wiki. the actual stages on this guide are wrong. the first upgrade is almost always the same thing, and the hilt is really the 2nd time you upgrade, aka the melee level 3.

TRF

The Original Sparrow
Reaction score
I'm wondering, do these changes only affect the Hero weapons? I've been using the Inquisitor, and nothing's really been happening.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I'm wondering, do these changes only affect the Hero weapons? I've been using the Inquisitor, and nothing's really been happening.
the other weapons all have their own preset morphs for every gained level. what you use the weapon for only affects the one you inherit in the very beginning of the game.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
This is excellent. Not because you copy-pasta'd some information but because you notified us of this article which I'm sure is bound to help plenty of people (myself included). I thank you anyways.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
This'll definitly help on my second playthrough. Thanks for the effort.

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
The inquisitor and all legendarys all morph in a set fashion, the only difference between your inquisitor and mine might be the colour of the runes which are affected by your alignment. The other effects you can have on your legendaries are the objectives that are listed when you look at it, but the only ones that will actually change the appearance are things like "add fire damage" etc which will add a firey aura.

In my most recent play through i have been using exclusively my hero weapons, and using the reset technique to get a truly unique weapon. I know that nearly every single legendary weapon is more powerful, but in a game as easy as this, it actually makes it more fun to use the hero weapons. More of a challenge

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I don't think they morph depending on your fighting style.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
The inquisitor and all legendarys all morph in a set fashion, the only difference between your inquisitor and mine might be the colour of the runes which are affected by your alignment. The other effects you can have on your legendaries are the objectives that are listed when you look at it, but the only ones that will actually change the appearance are things like "add fire damage" etc which will add a firey aura.

In my most recent play through i have been using exclusively my hero weapons, and using the reset technique to get a truly unique weapon. I know that nearly every single legendary weapon is more powerful, but in a game as easy as this, it actually makes it more fun to use the hero weapons. More of a challenge

Sorry to get off topic, but can you explain to me the reset technique? I merely saved and went back, but when I went back the chest wasnt closed, so I was stuck with what I had. Im ok with my weapons, but they seem to...Simple....To me, and I would like to be able to do this on my second playthrough.

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
They dont, unfortunately, you may get a morph saying "your feats in combat" or something like that, so it is worth flourishing if your after that particular morph, but your better off just looking at the wiki, finding which morph your after and making sure you fulfil its requirements before opening the chest, then using the reset technique until you get it. I just did that with my sword to get that jagged segmented evil blade for murdering people lol. But it took about 4 or 5 resets

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
Sorry to get off topic, but can you explain to me the reset technique? I merely saved and went back, but when I went back the chest wasnt closed, so I was stuck with what I had. Im ok with my weapons, but they seem to...Simple....To me, and I would like to be able to do this on my second playthrough.

After you open the chest, go look at your weapons in the sanctuary, you can press start on the RTR and check them all out, if your not happy with them, use the Xbox button to go back to dashboard or manually reset your xbox, its tedious but effective.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I don't think they morph depending on your fighting style.
they definitely, definitely do.
i'm replaying right now trying to make a pure evil character with a broadsword, and it's working. only using flourishes and blocking my blade has gotten, if not very broad, extremely long and it feels slower and heavier as i use it.
most people just mash the melee button.....
i'll put it this way.. if your rush the story, only mash the melee button most of the time rather than blocking or flourishing, and upgrade your melee the first chance it's available each time, your sword will resemble the splade.

Status
Not open for further replies.