• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you think of when you hear "Richmond?"

What do you think of when you hear "Richmond?"

• RAAF Base Richmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richmond College

• Richmond, KwaZulu-Natal

• Total voters

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Richmond Sausages. Hello................Anyone??

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I live about 20 or 30 minutes away from Richmond, CA, so naturally, that's what I think of. It's not even a big city or anything. I'm surprised it was even in the poll options. Everyone I know just thinks of it as a 'ghetto' sort of city with some gang sh*t going on a lot. It's not exactly the nicest place to be.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I think of the greatest football theme song in the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLNLcm7J4AY

I also think of this

the_it_crowd_richmond.jpg

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I think of nothing, didn't even know that a place named "Richmond" existed.

Quentin Locke

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
I'd think of Richmond in London, because I've never heard of the other places and I also live just outside London.

Are we going to get a thread for every 'What do you think of when you hear "[insert american town named after somewhere else]"?' - because that's gonna be quite a few threads, with 75% being named after places in the UK. Silly colonies.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
No. I was being funny.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Not many (if any) in Maryland, sadly. There's a few German placenames though, I think.

Well... there was also a nice little invasion fleet involved, no?

I looked into some more Dutch in America stuff and it seems there's even more to it than I knew. While Harlem, Flushing, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Coney Island were originally Dutch settlement, it's rather amazing to read that the Dutch were the first to salute the falg and thus the officially first to acknowledge American Indepence. And some other stuff... I remember, now, that the Dutchlands actually have left a lot of stuff in America. :p Meh, whatever. It has nothing to do with 'Richmond', so I'll just shut up about it. ^_^

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Dutch people are cool.

Avarael

Reaction score
I think of Richmond, NSW. I probably only know about it because I've heard it on the train announcements. Heard it associated with footy players too. Yeah, that'll be it too.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Richmond Sausages. Hello................Anyone??
Oh yeah! I forgot about those!

I also, for some reason, now think of rich tea biscuits. Completely unrelated, of course, but there ya go...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I looked into some more Dutch in America stuff and it seems there's even more to it than I knew. While Harlem, Flushing, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Coney Island were originally Dutch settlement, it's rather amazing to read that the Dutch were the first to salute the falg and thus the officially first to acknowledge American Indepence. And some other stuff... I remember, now, that the Dutchlands actually have left a lot of stuff in America. :p Meh, whatever. It has nothing to do with 'Richmond', so I'll just shut up about it. ^_^

That's Morocco, I thought?

Subsequent, googling, Morocco was the first sovereign nation, a colony of the Netherlands was the first state.

Also, part of Delaware was settled by the Dutch first, too, but they didn't last long

TANGENTS!

EDIT: Angel? Rich tea biscuits? Is that a brand, or are the biscuits* made out of tea** that's really rich***?

*I know that means cookies.

**I think that means the... meal tea rather than the drink.

***I'm really not sure if that's the other usage of rich or if it's a brand.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
They're just called rich tea. No idea why...but they taste noice :D

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Milk chocolate covered rich tea biscuits are teh awesomest :D :D

Reaction score
I prefer chocolate digestives (Mcvites to be exact) myself but rich tea are nice, not ate them in a while though.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm going to get some tomorrow. All this talk of biscuits makes me want about three packets. And all we have in the house are manky Malted Milks with the cow on the front. They taste sooooo bad...

Reaction score
I'm going to get some tomorrow. All this talk of biscuits makes me want about three packets. And all we have in the house are manky Malted Milks with the cow on the front. They taste sooooo bad...

The exact same thought of biscuit buying crossed my mind too, funnily enough. As for the malted milks, they are manky indeed. Used to like them as a kid though, funny how a persons taste changes as they grow older.