• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what is the best melee weapon besides daichi?

P

puppiesinspace

Re: what is the best melee weapon besides daichi?

i dont think there is

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

The master hammer does 107 damage.

K

keds99

hammers are to slow but isn't there a legendary weapon with like 119 danage?

Eclipse

The Legend
Reaction score

keds99;223584 said:
hammers are to slow but isn't there a legendary weapon with like 119 danage?

i think its a crossbow

J

Jiin

the dragon pistol is better than the crossbow, as for melee weapons, no the daichi is the best one, but i prefer using the maelstrom because it puts fear into everyone, same thing with the wreckager

X

xSLip

What makes you think the red dragon is better than the rammer?

A

Apacolypse9210

the gargoyle quest gives u a hammer and crossbow which in damage output are suppose to outlcass everything else

J

Jiin

the gargoyle treasure gives you the rammer cross bow only, as well as a rotten apple:) theres no hammer in the gargoyles treasure.

i guess ill have to upload a video tomorrow since no one believes me that the red dragon pistol wrecks every weapon in the game. and there is no competition for it!

ok yea the pistol is weak, so what! Here's the stats of the weapons

The Rammer
-Damage: 119 (owned!)
-ammo capacity: 1
-reload time: 0.75
-augments: inflicts fire damage and health absorption

The red Dragon
-Damage: 41
-ammo capacity: 6 (owned!)
-reload time: 0.75
-augments: cause more damage to your enemies and less damage taken by you (owned!)

Explanation
After playing many games u come to realize that its not how much damage you can put out, its how much damage you put out over time...

alright so your rammer does 119 dmg, then u have to reload, ok so theres apprx. 2 seconds - to shoot and reload (2 seconds)

now, although my dragon only does 41 dmg, in 2 seconds i can let off 6-8 rounds, thats 246-328 dmg! and thats not including the augment it has with increased damage!

now your probly wondering how the hell do i come up with 8 shots fired if i have to reload after 6 shells which should take the same amount of time as the rammer, well its quite simple! its called 'Brutal Styles' rank 3! instant reload! basically this allows me to not have to load 6 shells back in my gun, and cuts down my reload time by 0.45 seconds (estimate)
where as the rammer only has 1 shell to reload, so the brutal styles rank 3 doesnt compliment the reload time in the rammers case.

Bottom line
in 2 seconds the rammer does 119 damage. in 2 seconds the red dragon does 246-328 damage (depending on how fast your trigger finger is)

so look at it yourself 119...or 246-328, yep its pretty clear that the dragon out ranks any gun and sword

also to add, the pistol is also better than any melee weapon as well, seeing as how its a 1 shot kill - if shot in the head (sometimes 2 shots depending on the enemy) or i can just used the aimed shot and tap Y repeatedly and blast through enemies in seconds. also ranged attacks are not able to be blocked, and melee attacks get blocked like crazy!

is there anything else you would like to add to your reasoning for the rammer to be a better weapon?

I

Indypunk

T_T
I accidently messed up my puzzle to get the daichi. Does anyone know how to fix or reset that? I think that I'm just gonna have to wait for a patch.....T_T

A

Apacolypse9210

in general though the rammer gives u alot more range as well though plus its easier for me to get as im working on it now and i can never get above 152 in shooting range

J

Jiin

well in fable 2's case, range doesnt mean anything because any time you encouter an enemy your relatively always within range, even for a pistol, there hasnt been 1 situation where my pistol could not reach a target.

yea u should definately work at the range to get the gun, believe me u will notice a huge difference.

heres me at the range - i got it in 3 attempts after i finally turned up the volume to listen to what he says, not to shoot the bandits. which i was always hitting wondering why im getting - points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3W6tRLIc2o

thank god first person shooters are my number 1 games, other wise i wouldnt be able to pop heads like i do

A

Apacolypse9210

my biggest problem is i zoom out at random areas and it can cost me a fair share of points other then that i think in general im fine as well what hero doll did u get :d

I

Indypunk

Apacolypse9210;223914 said:
my biggest problem is i zoom out at random areas and it can cost me a fair share of points

I'm having that problem too...o_O

Why does that happen?

J

Jiin

just hold the Y button, never let it go lol

i got zommed out a few times as well, in my video u can see,

but i got the lucien doll and the hammer doll from the range

A

Apacolypse9210

it hates us /cry

A

Apacolypse9210

i have theresa if ur interested in trading i have yet to do on my evil char to see what i get im going to try it with the perferator next ;d

A

Apacolypse9210

159... i own the first round mediocore in the 2nd and meh in 3rd...............

J

Jiin

hmm...not too sure how well the perferator will do...

what u should do is just stop at the weapon vendor in the westcliff camp and buy a master clockwork pistol or mater flintlock pistol, either one will do. i did it with the clock work pistol

A

Apacolypse9210

i tried with clock work and got 159 the perferator did ok but the 2nd round killllllllls me i got theresa dolls out the arse