• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What should Fable III be? (IMO, IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score
What should Fable III be? (IMO, IMO)

First of all I shall begin with an apology, as I am regretting how I treated some of your opinions, and was denying your right to share them.
But hopefully we are all over that by now.
I have decided I shall write a more sophisticated view on what Fable III should be like. Please do not write any posts offending anyone AT ALL, or ridiculing peoples opinions.

So lets begin.

Fable TLC was definitely a love or a hate game. For some people it was beautiful world, one full of colour, humour and emotion. For others it was gay, it had a failed sense of humour and it was just plain dull and generic.
I am guessing that most of us here at Project Ego it was the first choice.

Fable II was nearly the same thing, however there were some things missing.
There was definitely colour (no doubt about that) there was also the cheesy humour, but the emotions ran a little dry. I blame that on the extermination of cut-scenes.
I've read on these forums, and as childish as it sounds, that Fable II is missing the Fairy Story kind of content that TLC held. The name says it all, Fable, which means story, but Fable II seemed more like a RPG then a story.

For instance take the Dead Father cut-scene in TLC. When I hear the Hero of Oakvale (I will call him HoO from now on) cry it really feels, well quite unexplainable really...
But in Fable II there is no cut-scene when Rose dies so therefore no time for HoB to cry (Hero of Bowerstone) * or go berserk at Lucien *

No cut-scene, No Emotion, No Fable.

#1 wish for Fable 3= Cut-Scenes (and more emotions for that matter)

This is just the start of this wish list, I need to go ATM but I'll be updating later on (but some of you might have noticed I never tend to do that)

Now I just had a great idea. I'm going to remake Gears of War 2 (just using as an example...I'm not going to remake GOW2) and I'll make it exactly the same but I shall take away all cinematics...and no music on the Maria-Dom scene. I'll call it...Make your own cinematic!
When Dom is doing his stuff with Maria (you know what I mean...) you, as Marcus can run around revving your chainsaw all you like...Because cut scenes are so last Gen!!!!! (and they do absolutely nothing for the gamer, as all the gamer wants to do is run around swinging swords and lancers, and scythes and shields....)

Yes Lionhead. That is what you put us through.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: What should Fable III be? (IMO, IMO)

I agree that cutscenes need to come back. Lionhead tried to make Fable 2 more emotion-filled, but taking out cutscenes obliterated those efforts.

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

I dont want fable III to be like the first one.

S

SweetAddison

Evil Scarecrow;336958 said:
I dont want fable III to be like the first one.

Oh now, don't worry it won't be like the first one :p.. but yeah, more cutscenes FTW!!!

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score

Free Roam is a great thing for gaming well done in games like Farcry 2 and Oblivion. But what about Fable? We've seen progress comparing TLC to Fable II from almost linear pathways to near open free roam. But would actual open free roam, like Oblivion be good for Fable, would it improve or make it too generic?

I'm not professional so I can't exactly assess the matter, but I can have a small guess.
What made both Fables great was the story (?) , the world, the simplicity and the emotion. So if we add 100% free roam, will that take this all away?
Now I'm giving too many questions, time for some guesstimated answers.

The answer to this question is no, but with a catch, because if total free roam added dungeon crawling, hour long leveling etc, because that would take away the "Fairy Tale" feeling.

How would a free roam world be there, without adding that though? That is a question I cannot answer but I will add

#2 Wish for Fable III: More Free Roam (larger Albion etc)

to be able to see all corners of Albion
, shall I put it.

By now I'm already running out of wishes, as I have faith in good ol' Lionhead to deliver all I want.

But lets go to the Pet matter/problem. What did we get out of the dog being in Fable II?
hmmm...
cough.

Well I personally didn't get anything at all (apart from a couple of condoms)
But I think it could be improved. (I guess that now we've had it the pets shall never leave)
How could it be improved? Simply add more interaction between it, more emotional connection. It seemed that the dog was a tool, instead of a friend (didn't seem like HoB cared when it died)
By the sounds of it, this interaction tool in Fable III could help this matter, as you would be able to hug the dog etc etc. No, not what your thinking.

Do I want pets in Fable III?

#3 Wish for Fable III: A dog with more interaction, more emotional connection

The fourth wish for me is simple. A closer view on the character. Seriously, Fable II was almost an RPG. Compare the view to TLC. It's disgusting. I reckon this subconsciously takes away the connection to your own character, taking away emotion, which is very serious.

#4 Wish for Fable III: A closer view on character.

I've decided that the wish list is not going to be in order, therefore #1 isn't my most wanted.
I'll still be adding more wishes, feel free to add any opinions, as long as it isn't ... mean.

M

mtsume11

i would love fable 3 to beh more advanced to look more realX3..an i luV oblivian!!!:O..it should beh like oblivian o-o.with free roam.anyways here is the wishes that i have 4 fable 3

1. free roam..and i mean FREE not on paths or anything stopping us from going places we wish to go.

2.your charactor should be able to resemble you.you should be able to morph there face to match yoursX3.
3.the expressions r preety good on fable 2 but the ones on fable 3 should be great!:D .like if u do an espression your face should change to match the expression u choose.
4.something that realy bugs me is the ppl say the SAME THINGS DDX!OVER an OVER.would u like a roll on the hay,wait for me mom!!:O =.=...gets very annoying.so i think the ppl should say wayyy more diffrent things!and ur children should age an yourself......BUT.u should be able to buy potion like to make u an your spouce or child stay yound....Also when u give your child or husband clothes to wear they should autimaticaly put them on nomatter what u give emXD....but if its u husband an u give em a dress he can give his oppinion on it..an a lil screen can pop up an day .......do u wish to make u husband wear this item.YES or NO.an u pick:D u should beh able to make em sick tooo.....>:3..an hurt w/like a broken leg or something>XD!....there should be rumors that ppl say an that u can pick up on like oblivian.MorE an BETTER treashure plzD;..an there should beh a choice on what pet u get an how they act like neopets.itll beh AMASING to get to beh able to get like lizard creatures to ride!!!!*-* an alot more creatures an critters plz in the world to fight an find.that would beh more of an adventureX3....OH!i almost forgot u should beh able to dress u charactor in clothes that apeal to all....like..<.<..ANIME!!!!!!XD!!!! w.kitteh ears an part animal/ppl an lizard ppl an alians o-o...that would beh awsomeXD!....O_O!!!i jusat thought of a great idea..u know the cards u get when the game just turns on ...they r on the screen..?well there should beh world cards too.so like if u want an aciant world or modern world of alian planet or something like that u can have a choice.an beh able to try em all!:D..

anyways those r mah thoughts coment plz an tell meh what u thinkX3...bai bai<333!:D

Twilight

Reaction score

Fable is an RPG not a story....It was suppose to be like that...

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

cut scenes are important. they allow a game to take form from being totally sandbox, to having cinematics that build tension, and can convey emotion to your character.
I.E. watching your sister die while you run around in a circle and swing a toy sword...or watch your character become devastated.

a lot of emotion can be missed when it's left up to the player...no cutscenes...no immersive story line. thats the way i see it :)

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score

Alright another wish has come to me...
Have any of you ever listened to the GOW2 sound track on the LE bonus disc. I'd give that a 8/10. What about the Dink Smallwood soundtrack? 10/10. But what about Fable?

For TLC the music worked excellent, it was used at the right time and it also expressed the emotion, but what about Fable II? I hardly ever noticed the music actually. I can remember the songs from Bowerstone, Oakvale, Bower Lake, and Brightwood. I can also remember combat music...but why not every small section of the game? What about turning points in the game.
Because here we go with the cut scene problem again.

No cut-scene, no music, no emotion.

Well there were some bits that had the DUN-DUN drumroll effect kinda thing.
But that didn't work for me either.
So why the hell did Lionhead ditch original music?
That is one which is way beyond me. However I can remember when I opened the final Demon Door in Fable II and as I entered I heard the original Demon Door theme music. I was estatic! Taken aback! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!! Oh! and also the loading screens.
Is that Linohead saying sorry the original music couldn't make it but some just fit in the loading screens and the final demon door?
Well that sorry doesn't just cut the cheese.

#5 wish for Fable III: Original or emotional music that fits the moment.

So we're nearly concluding my wishlist, and I am starting to see my biggest wish altogether.
But I'm sure more will come to me. Don't worry Ol' Pete. I ain't finished with you yet....

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Hmm i have to agree, i think on fable 3 they should have better music, i mean im sitting there and theres like no music or sounds at all, abit dull on fable 2.
I hope they change things like that on there, Yes i know i could just listen to my ipod while playing it but thats just distracting if its actually not on the game or it doesnt suit what im doing on there.

You know where im coming from, right?

LadyOnyaneese

Take my hand if you dare
Reaction score

IMHO

I kind of agree with the missing story feel of Fable 2. I know it is an RPG, but it has always been one with heart and I understand what Phantom is saying about the feel.

Perhaps the story part of the RPG that is the Fable series is just hidden right now. Fable 2, as is often what is the case when a trilogy (at least?) is being made, is a bit ambiguous in its story. The point is to give the people something to chew on and enjoy while building to and hinting at your next or ending part. To that end though sometimes, of course the story is going to be a bit dodgy and, in some instances, not terribly interesting. When the next part comes out and you see where they were going it makes more sense. That being said, we all know as was mentioned somewhere else about Halo 3 it doesn't always work out well for them or us as the players.
I agree that 2 has seriously lacked the depth and emotion that 1 had and hope that PM and Lionhead are just leading us to a bigger and better place as I too felt no attachment to anyone especially my sister and I HAVE a sister. I never even married until the "story" quest ended and I was looking for stuff to get into. I did do a little harmless "fraternizing" before, but I was a good girl...well mostly. ;)

I disagree with you, to a degree, about the dog, I liked him. I do agree though that even that attachment was minimal since half the time I was petting the air and my dog was a mile away.
I hated the kids and I really wanted to like them. In the end I was really glad I had mostly wives so I didn't have to put up with the irritating little rats asking for either a lollipop ( there were NO lollipops Peter) or to go somewhere when you couldn't take them anywhere. I play good ALWAYS, but I tried so hard to kill one of my kids so I wouldn't have to deal with it.

I think I read something about you not wanting horses. I am not crazy about them either ...rather liked the idea of riding a pig if I had to ride anything, but it makes sense if you have carriage.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

-Cough- I have found out lately that im dog is slightly useless >.>
I mean i can find the treasure boxs before he even see's them, yes hes good for finding dig spots and all that but it should be able to detect them before i can, right?

Yes the story of fable 2 was missing something i dont know what exactly, i mean something seemed to be missing from it.
I guess the story of fable 2 had to have mysteries and that for people to question and try and find the answer to.

Yes i know they would of done this to keep the storyline going.

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

I want Fable III to be something new, something that hasn't been done before for instance a sword that grants you the ablitiy to I don't know teleport, or a crossbow that transforms into a longbow.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Ehhhhh.. i sort of agree with that. Although the crossbow longbow idea i dont really like, i mean its abit strange. Not that im making fun of your ideas or anything.
But you do have a point and i agree, lion head should do something in it thats never been done before, something to make it more famous that it already is.

LadyOnyaneese

Take my hand if you dare
Reaction score

I just hope that in an effort to do something different and great they don't make a completely different game. I have to say the king/queen thing scares me. I don't want to just be a ruler ....I want to be a hero AND ruler you know? Weapons are of no consequence to me . I will fight with a stick the whole time if I need to and not care.

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

I'm sure some sort of dramatic event will happen that will make you fight for the kingdom at some point, so I don't think we should worry.
Maybe a potential story-line?
Being overthrown, and over-overthrowing the overthrow-er, and all the things it takes to do so?
Hmmm.
Regardless, I am sure LionHead will make good decisions, along with some bad ones.
I just think they aught to make it a little longer.
They shouldn't bother with putting it out as early as possible, followed by 2 DLCs in a 5 month span.
Just do a big hunk all together, right?

I want to feel like the decisions in my game matter...I want to be connected to (a) character(s). I want to be sad when someone dies that's close to me.
And cutscenes. Those are definitely a win. No clue why they took them out.

--My seventeen cents--
-sirgage0-

LadyOnyaneese

Take my hand if you dare
Reaction score

I agree with you and I am sure you are right about the over-throwing. Heck, it may be one of my kids whose dad I kill just to get rid of the maddening little rat.;)
I dunno. I think they are going to use Theresa. I have a guess how they could and tie her to our old kingdom hero, but then we all have guesses.
You are right about the cut scenes for sure.
If they don't put the cut scenes in and do something with these npcs we aren't going to care. Kind of hard to care about someone dying when you don't even have to watch them do it. I ran around the circle trying to get out while my sister died.

It should be longer, but realistically we all know that they can make so much more money by doing it the other way. I mean, I know as soon as I could afford to get the DLC for 2 I got it and was immediately disappointed somewhat. Knothole should have been in the game. It just was not enough to warrant the amount of points imo. I am with you and would love it if they would just do a nice big game like games "used" to be but sadly I think we are seeing the end of those days coming.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Maybe they should make it like.. i dont know make it more emotional? I mean some parts when it should of been emotional it wasn't you know?

I just want a game where i can really get invovled in the story and like change the outcomes of things.

With the ruler thing, i mean in fable 2 i became king and all that and i got no powers or anything.. I think they should of made it possible for that to happen it would of made more sense if they had done that.

LadyOnyaneese

Take my hand if you dare
Reaction score

It certainly needed to be more emotional and there could have been something happen when you got King/Queen status.

For me the main quest was so short and (though I love Fable) unfulfilling. What I find to be really annoying is that I have played through twice now and done everything different and gotten the same results.

I took the farmers son a girl and still got the farm...I didn't take the old age thing in the shadow court and nothing happened to me. No evil points...nothing at all. Take the Sacrifice...get a statue in Old Bowerstone ....decide to get your dog back and family (I had no stupid family) and nothing happens either way...haven't done the other ending yet, but I imagine the people just don't like you as much ...big deal.

Most of the time you have no real choice at all. Like leave your dog and stuff with Hammer and go to the spire. Why ask me? I have no choice.

It actually takes me out of the game when you make me agree to do something I have no choice but to do anyway. But maybe that is just me.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Yeah you have a point. I hate how the main story is so short i mean do they just want people to stop playing or something? not that im questioning lionhead they should just have the main story abit longer than 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.