• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What should Fable III be? (IMO, IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score
Re: What should Fable III be? (IMO, IMO)

They should DEFINITELY make it so that your decisions actually make somewhat of a change in the world.
I mean, sure, it was cool how I got to change two of the cities. . . . But really? Regardless of what choices I chose, the end result was the exact same. There was no difference whatsoever in the initial outcome. Well. . . Nothing important. Really, tell me a single choice that changed the gameplay. You can't, really. Fable III needs BIG choices. Make a huge mistake, and make it mean something. I'm not talking about the stupid town guards chasing you down for a small fee. I'm talking about a hero losing their trust in you, and having to prove yourself for doing something dumb. Complete story-line altering decisions. Things that will make the game ridiculously fun to play multiple times over and over.
But on a realistic level, this type of thing would be a bit hard to do. They'd literally have to write multiple storylines, depending on what it is you choose and do. . . .

--SirGage0--

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score

They would definitely need to improve it with the whole King responsibility but I reckon November 2010 is to early, they could spend more time making a better story, improving the choices.
Remember, a delayed game comes out eventually, a bad one is screwed forever.

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

What they need is really rare weapons, for instance a longbow but you can't get a longbow, or a special longsword that you attack differently with or is a big longer or wider, or even a greatsword.
What I'm trying to say is the weapons in Fable II really sucked! Or if you don't like that word than: it was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, bad.

And we need more emotions and bigger actions for instance if you kill a NPC the world might change like there might be an extra grave stone in the cemerty.

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score

I'd like to see an ultimate showdown. Undead Lucien and Jack of Blades Vs....

Peter
Molyneux

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

...Hero Of Oakvale!
OR
...Hero Of Bowerstone
OR WHY PLAY AS ONE OF THEM...
...WHEN YOU CAN PLAY AS BOTH!!!!

That would be cool!

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score

Yeah, what, Left thumstick controls Hero of Oakvalem and the right thumbstick controls Hero of Bowerstone. Lul.

GaEv

Reaction score

I still found emotion in Fable 2, especially in the choices. When I did a few of the evil choices I genuinely felt guilty for doing so.

I like Fable 2 for making story and plot streamline together more but a good compromise position would be to use both Fable and Fable 2 systems. Use the Fable 2 system for stuff like instructions and little bits and pieces you really don't need a cutscene to break the pace for and then use a cutscene for the dramatic moments.

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score

I don't even have to go into detail for this one:

#6 wish for Fable III: Longer and Better drunkenness (intoxication)

22" Screen right in my face
, 5.1 Surround Sound blasting at my ears while my "Dragon's Jaw" (augmented Master Hammer) smacks into the heads of my foes, and the 9800 GT running the best graphics Fable III can achieve.

That's what I want my Fable III experience to be like, being the PC gamer I am. Sadly I know that I'll be playing on my sad 21" CRT, with my cheap setup of 2.1/5.1 speaker setup, and a medium setting Graphical game.
Why does Microsoft have to be so obsessed with their money, so afraid of mass piracy?
Hmm...I don't know but a wish is a wish so:

#7 Wish for Fable III: A PC version...:(

Have you ever seen a game
which has a storyline that leaves you away with the fairies, up in the clouds, Ignoring all your friends, and making you think of the story and only the story, thinking "WOW."
I haven't but I've heard of one. Didn't remember it though, sorry. PC Gamer Podcast mentioned the game, talked about how it left THEM up in the clouds.
I'd like to think PM is wanting to achieve a story line like that, and I'd be stoked if Fable III was even just a tiny bit close to the game PCGP mentioned.

No need for a reason why, as I'm sure all story-line freaks like me have this wish:

#8 Wish for Fable III: An epic story-line, one that's Doctor Who equivalent.

That feeling in Fable TLC
, cutting things down in rage mode, slicing them up in mere seconds. The ability to take Jack of Blades down in the time it takes to kill a troll.
Simple.
Powerful.
Heroism is a vital part to Fable, and this shows as people complain about feeling to average with mere clothes and not massive plate armour.
In Fable II we get Fame Fame Fame. But where is the Power?? What happened to every person bowing at your feet...wait, what am I saying?

OMG!!! You get to be The King In Fable III? Wow! It's finally hit me!
You're a bloody Legend PM!!

Power, Fame, Fame, Power. And the Money...

#9 Wish for Fable III: Power. Power. And Ultimate POWER! Mwhahahah!!!

GaEv

Reaction score

The lack of much armour didn't bother me too much but it would be nice if there was a reason to put on certain bits beyond just attractiveness and wanting to develop a certain look. Like in Oblivion or Fallout 3.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Twilight;337039 said:
Fable is an RPG not a story....It was suppose to be like that...

Why is it called Fable then, Sherlock?

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score

Last, but not least (oh definitely not least) is the tenth and final wish.
This wish is the decider. If it does not become granted the I shall hate Fable III. It would just disgust me. I mean, how would I put up with it? The young Fable Fan who would have to be the greatest 14-Year old fan across the globe, How could Lionhead deny this wish from him?
Are you ready to hear it?
Sure?

Here goes....

#10 Wish for Fable III: ...
Union
Jack
Boxers.

Yes.
That's right.

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

****a union jack boxers, i wan't baggy jeans and some kaks

Status
Not open for further replies.