• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what will your path be?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: what will your path be?

droded;62459 said:
Darg, I don't think the Evil people should get any more advantages. They can do whatever they want already.

What about the seductive and sneaky rogue? A "thief" doesn't have to be a full-out evil assassin ya know....:ninja:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah I agree with the assassin thing, as I see them more as mercenaries, having to assassinate both good or evil people. I just disagree with Darg about this:

In a way, what if you could 'force' people to like you in Fable 2 (if you don't marry me, then I'll kill you!) just to give the bad guys more options. There needs to be more ways to live an evil life besids being loathed by everyone and having them crap their pants every time you do anything.

D

Darg

True. I was on the point right between good and evil with a thief. Hey, you go steal a few good loads of stuff, then you go and donate to the charity place. It works.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Like Robin Hood! Wahahaha! Which overall is Good!

D

Darg

Yeah, even if I am slightly, mostly commited to the side of good, how can I just sit quietly and buy stuff when there's all this fricking LOOT everywhere! It's just begging to be stolen.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

What we need is a dark side of the interaction with NPCs in Fable II. The only "evil" place where you could get respect in Fable was the Bandit Camp - and that wasn't nearly as good as the towns.

What we need are more evil camps or even downright evil towns, or part of towns (like the slums or a dock district) where people will fall in love of you due to your evilness! A place where evil is respected and good guys are laughed at...or feared when they are renowned enough.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, and that would be the place where good guys can slaughter WAHAHAHAHA!

D

Darg

I could picture a bar somewhere in the slums known as the 'Bloody Dragon Pub' or something, where they have pictures of heroes (or you if you're good) posted on the walls where they throw darts at them. Somewhere, as Tsuyu said, where you can be who you feel like playing at the time without people going into shock or having episodes because, holy crap!- that guy's here!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

droded;62473 said:
Yeah, and that would be the place where good guys can slaughter WAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah! And I can really imagine a dark night in the dock district - everyone staying at home, or getting wasted at the bars. Thugs and muggers are sneaking about in every alley, and you swear that someone is following you as you make your way through the district when suddenly a chilly breeze brings with it a menacing fog devouring what little light the lamps burning on the side of the roads gave. You hear someone laughing and footsteps getting closer - you reach for your weapon.

Darg;62474 said:
Somewhere, as Tsuyu said, where you can be who you feel like playing at the time without people going into shock or having episodes because, holy crap!- that guy's here!

That made me think about the "evil" mercenaries - they do respect you for your evil deeds and all that. They need more sadisticly evil NPCs like that!

D

Darg

Very, very true Tsuyu. Everyone is on the good side of the world and they don't respect you, even if you just kicked the crap out of Jack of Blades. I have his sword- whoopdedoo. It's a trophy, get used to it.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Hmmm...maybe two Renown meters instead of one might be in place. One could be how much famous you are for you good deeds, the other for your evil ones, each one would represent how respected you are in different places, like Bowerstone compare to the Bandit Camp. If your evil meter is high Guards would attack you on sight, and vice-versa in the evil towns if you are too good.

Now, in Fable this would be bad for evil guys because all the Traders and other stuff is in "good" places like towns/villages - but with the introduction of more advanced evil societies, now complete will all the services any "good" place would offer.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Liking these good and evil ideas, although i do love being evil it did annoy me that NO-ONE would talk to you and would run away and women hated you (not that i minded that) there should be as you all have said different interactive options for Good/Evil people and also places where Evil is respected and encouraged. That was another feature that was lacking aswel as the assassin options that Tsuyu listed, one game springs to mind with the good/evil options and thats KotOR (again) as for one it was seperate story for both and also some people liked you more for being evil and i think Fable 2 needs to reward the alignment either way and should be MUCH more difference between the two as it will add SO much more to the replay value.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Good points Drakan. Evil in Fable was actually ...inferiour, to being good. Apart from more fun, there really were no benefits being evil, whilst good had tons. Especially as TLC added the "Good Sword of Aeons" AKA Avo's Tear - now you can easily get a equally powerful sword without killing your sister, so there is really no reward for choosing the "ultimate evil choice".

I really wish the could've added alot more to the Bandit Camp, like being the new King of Bandits if killing Twinblade, and getting random Silver quests during the game where you are needed in some large scale raids and other banditly stuff.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;62522 said:
Good points Drakan. Evil in Fable was actually ...inferiour, to being good. Apart from more fun, there really were no benefits being evil, whilst good had tons. Especially as TLC added the "Good Sword of Aeons" AKA Avo's Tear - now you can easily get a equally powerful sword without killing your sister, so there is really no reward for choosing the "ultimate evil choice".

I really wish the could've added alot more to the Bandit Camp, like being the new King of Bandits if killing Twinblade, and getting random Silver quests during the game where you are needed in some large scale raids and other banditly stuff.

Yeah the whole bandit thing was a missed opportunity in my eyes as you only helped them on afew small raids and such and got no recognition there at all and they still hated you. Bandits played a HUGE roll around those times but they were seriously underused and your interaction with them was next to nothing even when evil. They also need more freindly NPC interaction and people for you to get to know, and your choices should effect them and the way they react to you. Might make you start to 'feel' more evil etc when it starts to affect those around you aswel.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah! Basicly their "base" is terrified of you and both respects and fears you - still you suffer attacks by random raiding parties. Would be cool that if you indeed did become the King of Bandits, the random Bandits were replaced with hostile Guards.

"There's *Insert Hero Title*, the King of Bandits! Get 'im lads!"

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;62531 said:
Yeah! Basicly their "base" is terrified of you and both respects and fears you - still you suffer attacks by random raiding parties. Would be cool that if you indeed did become the King of Bandits, the random Bandits were replaced with hostile Guards.

"There's *Insert Hero Title*, the King of Bandits! Get 'im lads!"

Yeah thats EXACTLEY what im talking about, the whole inconsistency of some of the things... just makes no sense at all and takes a lot away from the game. I agree with your idea aswel, that would be a good idea.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

If there were 2 renown metres, what if you maxed them both?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;62573 said:
If there were 2 renown metres, what if you maxed them both?

Wouldnt be possible with Tsuyu's idea...

Tsuyu said:
One could be how much famous you are for you good deeds, the other for your evil ones

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

He didn't say anything about them nullifying eachother. He just said there would be 2 bars >.<

And if it were like the Morality bar, that wouldn't work, because you could go to being extremely famous for being good, to a neutral famous for nothing.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;62576 said:
He didn't say anything about them nullifying eachother. He just said there would be 2 bars >.<

And if it were like the Morality bar, that wouldn't work, because you could go to being extremely famous for being good, to a neutral famous for nothing.

But you couldnt be good & evil at same time one would obviously cancel out the other otherwise wouldnt be much point in them....it wasnt JUST about your fame it was for your fame by deeds you have done good/evil.