• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what will your path be?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: what will your path be?

Naturally, just like the alignment meter, the two would effect each-other.

B

blue crow

Nice idea maybe when you perfrom something bad your good renown goes down and vice versa.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Isn't that what the morality is anyway. I think what Tsuyu was saying is that you actually get revered for being evil. I like the idea of becoming King of the Bandits after defeating Twin Blade. Maybe another hero or one of your own men would come to challenge you.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Albion Knight;62689 said:
I think what Tsuyu was saying is that you actually get revered for being evil.

That is exactly what I am saying :thumbsup: Quite frankly, from the perspective of interactivness with NPCs, evil falls short compared to good. All you get are Villagers crapping their pants when you go by them and happen to blink....

B

blue crow

Tsuyu;62695 said:
That is exactly what I am saying :thumbsup: Quite frankly, from the perspective of interactivness with NPCs, evil falls short compared to good. All you get are Villagers crapping their pants when you go by them and happen to blink....

The idea is good but it would take a lot of codeing. It would have to track all the things you did and see if your good renown is higher than bad renown or vice versa. Plus if you get both renown to the highest they can go what will happen then?

B

blue crow

Lol that was is easy it was common gameing sense.

V

Vegeta

yeah....Do you think we are expecting to much of fable 2 or do you think it will live up to our expectations?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Vegeta;62925 said:
yeah....Do you think we are expecting to much of fable 2 or do you think it will live up to our expectations?

Got to just remember its a 'game' and not every idea we have spoken about is going to be in the game, not even 70% of the ideas we have had will be, as we are all just wishing and dreaming. People should not be to disappointed by features they wished would be in it that are left out as Lionhead haven't confirmed any real information as of yet so its all speculation.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I think anyone who speculates about what a game may or may not have in it is bound to become disappointed eventually when the game is released because naturally we all have different ideas about what makes an awesome game and obviously developers cannot encompass every concept that they would like...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

blue crow;62814 said:
Lol that was is easy it was common gameing sense.

I already made that point like 2 pages ago>.<

Glad someone thinks the same way though.

D

Darg

Dark Drakan;63073 said:
Got to just remember its a 'game' and not every idea we have spoken about is going to be in the game, not even 70% of the ideas we have had will be, as we are all just wishing and dreaming. People should not be to disappointed by features they wished would be in it that are left out as Lionhead haven't confirmed any real information as of yet so its all speculation.

If you really think about it, are we only just building up our expectations so high that when Fable 2 comes out, we will be dissapointed in it for all the features we had in mind that might not make it? Just a thought... a rather pessimistic one at that, but what if it was true? o_O

H

Hexadecimal

Darg;63144 said:
If you really think about it, are we only just building up our expectations so high that when Fable 2 comes out, we will be dissapointed in it for all the features we had in mind that might not make it? Just a thought... a rather pessimistic one at that, but what if it was true? o_O

well, it depends on whether people actually expect the game to contain every idea they come up with off the top of their heads... game developers can't read minds, and they certainly can't read everyone's mind at once, as everyone has a different idea of how they would like the game to be... and even if they knew what we all wanted, it's their game, not ours, they can do what they want... not to mention that a lot of people's ideas just aren't possible to achieve... in my opinion, anyone who is "disappointed" that the game wasn't exactly the way they thought it should be, should just feel free to go ahead and make their own game...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Darg;63144 said:

Yeah Hex has summed it up, the ideas i speak about and such i dont expect to be in the game i just like speaking about them. Most the ideas that people want are like Hex said not possible to achieve, and there are going to be disappointed people of course NO game pleases everyone even the very best games.

Hexadecimal;63158 said:
well, it depends on whether people actually expect the game to contain every idea they come up with off the top of their heads... game developers can't read minds, and they certainly can't read everyone's mind at once, as everyone has a different idea of how they would like the game to be... and even if they knew what we all wanted, it's their game, not ours, they can do what they want... not to mention that a lot of people's ideas just aren't possible to achieve... in my opinion, anyone who is "disappointed" that the game wasn't exactly the way they thought it should be, should just feel free to go ahead and make their own game...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

blue crow;62807 said:
The idea is good but it would take a lot of codeing. It would have to track all the things you did and see if your good renown is higher than bad renown or vice versa. Plus if you get both renown to the highest they can go what will happen then?

It wouldn't be hard at all the coding is already in the game. All you have to do is change the reaction/BRAIN of some of the villagers and bandits. I'd like to see along with the scared running away or booing villagers some that would say "YEA!!! Kick some *** Necromancer!!!" while flashing devil horns. Some that would begin bowing and worshiping me "All Hale Necromancer Lord of the Underworld". Maybe even have them react to other villagers reactions like if one villager started booing me another would beat the **** out them. These same villagers would react negatively toward a good heroes saying things like "Damn Goody-Goody" or yelling at villagers that cheer for you "Woo, That's my man!!" "Shut the hell up!"

Hexadecimal;63158 said:

Right on the money!

I don't expect expect anything other than "What has been confirmed" and I'm relaxed about those expectations as well. It's fun to "Play" Fable 2 in my mind here on the forum. I think that the actual game will be so different that it will be like we've been talking about another game entirely.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah that would be cool, however the Evil people wouldn't Boo me, they would beg me not to kill them.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;63294 said:
Yeah that would be cool, however the Evil people wouldn't Boo me, they would beg me not to kill them.

Evil never begs unless they are weaklings that dont even deserve to be referred to as evil.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Twinblade was Evil. He begged you not to kill him. You are wrong about Evil people not begging, some are renowned for begging not to be killed. Usually when they are given another chance by the good guy, they try and attack him but end up dying anyway.

H

Hexadecimal

droded;63294 said:

... Good characters are all pacifists... I thought you said you never kill people...

... and an evil character who begs is not evil... he merely calls himself evil... that's not the same thing... as I know I've said before...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;63299 said:
Twinblade was Evil. He begged you not to kill him. You are wrong about Evil people not begging, some are renowned for begging not to be killed. Usually when they are given another chance by the good guy, they try and attack him but end up dying anyway.

Hexadecimal;63301 said:
... Good characters are all pacifists... I thought you said you never kill people...

... and an evil character who begs is not evil... he merely calls himself evil... that's not the same thing... as I know I've said before...

Droded refer to this ^ i couldnt have put it any better. :devil:

Twinblade was not evil he was merely a bandit that took your sister under his wing... he cared for her and evil people dont care for anything or anyone.