• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's all this cloud business aye?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
So apparentley the internet is old now and we need a more efficient one. I keep seeing commercials and advertisements and also on phones and that playlive of this Cloud computing. I don't know how it works but it's supposed to be more efficient.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae_DKNwK_ms

There's a vid explaining it. Everyone shares a server somewhere else removing all the problems that go with maintaining your own 'cloud'

But idk sounds just weird to me is this going to be an internet revolution and change the makeup or just something stupid.

Apparentley, things like this will be needed because the internet is a tangled web relying on old random servers all around the world. These hubs are outdated and people who control them arent updating them and basically letting them rust away.

So the idea is we need a superhub that everyone plugs into rather then compartmentalized independant ones that are unreliable.

I like the web the way it is though. I just heard about this what do you guys think, like what really is the cloud idk.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend it.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
It's a fad, like television.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
This seems like a good place to brag that the University of Maryland hosts one of these-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_nameserver-- not that I really understand what these are, or what they have to do with making the internet go round.

SO HEY, THE INTERNET IS AWESOME BECAUSE IT LIVES IN MARYLAND.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
JUDGEMENT!!! I wasnt judging it I was just relaying what Ive discovered into a thread so people can talk of it and that way I can get many varrying opinions of the same thing in one organized place fool.

What was I before and how am I not different?

..goofy and nonsensical?

...immature and unrelenting??

completley oblivious and horribly misunderstood.

Idk I dont try to be annoying hey dont read my threads okay Im good and clean on other people's.

And also that info was very informative thank you.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
^Okay that was a really cool thing to say man. I'm just a weird person and I can't always hold it in. My ex calls me a goober it means like, silly peanut I think..that what she says :p

I tried bieng all hard and collected but its unnatural to me I like bieng sporadic and spontanious. I'm a moron, that's how you get to the top.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
and i suspect it's getting strong support from DRM. those guys will back anything that might stop someone who doesn't know how to use a computer from pirating.

it's already made it's amazon.com debut.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Lmao Microsoft sucks.

Thats what I was thinking if all this cloud stuff caught on huge and then you arent as free and everything is more contricted like for example you can't pirate. I thought it was some kind of new era of the web cause I see it everywhere now I'm like nahhh.

Like playlive the new gaming system is all about the cloud all it does is stream the videogames to your console so youll never have to buy another game again but I'd rather have more ownership over it then that even though its a good idea.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
This seems like a set up for a movie... "THESE ARE THE DYING DAYS OF THE INTERNET AS WE KNOW IT. THE CLOUD IS TAKING OVER" kind of thing...

Also that YouTube video may as well have been in Martian, all I got was "Imagine a giant office block that shares an app" and I also found out Gmail is better than Hotmail.

So I went back to listening to songs by Green Day *brushes hands off conclusively*

EDIT: Oh Zarkes, isn't your signature just a little big...?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Yes that's exactly what it sounds like indeed.

Oh green day...good for you.

And yes now that you mention it its huge I'm going to make it smaller now. I forgot how to spoilertag it. I'm excited for a new videogame as you can see.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Yes that's exactly what it sounds like indeed.

Oh green day...good for you.

And yes now that you mention it its huge I'm going to make it smaller now. I forgot how to spoilertag it. I'm excited for a new videogame as you can see.

You can just use Imageshack to resize it and keep the picture.... and the spoiler tags are currently broken, it's still they just.... don't work.

Gheb

I ONCE ATE A WHOLE CACTUS
Reaction score
The face Patrick Star has in my avatar resembles my own.

Zarkes is a god of confusion.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
^What? I have to see a pic now.

If people just let me have my conclusion statement jeeze.

I'm not that confusing if people just took some time to understand what I say.

The line between enlightenment and insanity is very thin.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
I'm not that confusing if people just took some time to understand what I say.

And by understanding you, you are no longer confusing, implying you were in fact confusing in the first place.

JUST AN OBSERVATION.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Oh, you understood that hobbebrain?

"Im not that confusing" I implied myself that I can be to begin with. Thank you for reiterating.
>>>>>>>>>>IF<<<<<<<<<<<
And they I say something genius and golden, some kind of concluding remark just to clear up any misunderstandment.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Oh, you understood that hobbebrain?

"Im not that confusing" I implied myself that I can be to begin with. Thank you for reiterating.
>>>>>>>>>>IF<<<<<<<<<<<
And they I say something genius and golden, some kind of concluding remark just to clear up any misunderstandment.

I'm... what?

That just confused me further, did you make a typo or something? >.<