• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's Your Biggest Fear?

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score
So, I thought i'd start this thread for a bit of fun, because i'm insanely bored.

I suffer from Mottephobia, which is a fear of moths. It is undoubtedly my biggest fear, they absolutely terrify me, and it's probably irrational, as I don't really have any reason for it, no bad experiences or anything, but they really, really scare me. And apparently Mottephobia is uncommon, so hey, i'm unique :p.

Feel free to post your biggest fears below :).

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i've got Apiphobia - fear of bees

and Ichthyophobia - fear of swimming with fish.

the former came from me killing a lot of bees as a kid and getting stung a lot on the process, the latter came from me realizing that if any form of aquatic life decided i was a threat i'd be totally f***ed. Ichthyophobia is actually extremely common.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Heights and depths.

RedDead

Master Of Puppets
Reaction score
My biggest fear is large bodys of water.

I use to get drowned by my teacher when I was a little kid in school, So now if I cant stand up in the water, I wont even go near it. Hell,I cant even doggy-paddle in water thats over my head. =/
Edit: Found out the name for it; thalassophobia

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
I suffer from a rare condition known as arachibutyrophobia.
:unsure:

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
Lately, I've been nervous about going to sleep and not waking up. I wonder why it kinda bugs me now; never really thought about it before.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Umbrella's, and Falling off buses, Umbrella's because they are mass weapons of poking, and buses because I have actually fallen off one before today.

I'm kinda past the bus fear but still... Umbrellas not so much, if I'm walking down the street and someone has an umbrella, I'll freak out and move away from them with great haste.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
For about 2 years now I haven't been able to sleep without a light on...the weird thing is I can walk about in the dark and feel fine...I just can't sleep without a light on...I think it might because I think some ghost or ninja might attack me while I sleep........as if a F*ckin light would stop them...sigh...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Death. Large groups of people. being IN FRONT of large groups of people. And my favorite irrational ones: Elastic bands, balloons and thunder.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Spiders. I have severe arachnophobia. I made a thread about this subject a while back, I'll post a story in here that I posted in there.

A while ago, I found a spider in my shower after I had turned the water off, and I was beginning to dry off. It was right on the wall next to me, and I bolted out of the shower. I then grabbed a cup next to my sink, filled it with water many times, and washed it down the shower drain. I was still kind of freaking out, but I proceeded to brush my teeth. Once I was done, I looked in the shower again only to see this same spider crawl back up the drain. I don't know why, but this freaked me out A LOT. I did the same thing as the first time, but this time I kept the shower water running to make sure he stayed down. Then, I busted out the draino. That sh*t had to have killed him. Afterward, I was going to go to bed, but I spent the next hour in my bedroom freaking out. I was so insanely paranoid that there were spiders all around my room. Under my bed, on my back (which I actually feel sometimes, but it was way worse this time) in a corner, on the ceiling, anywhere. Eventually I calmed down and got to sleep, but it was such a horrible night...

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
I'm intimidated by woman because my mom beats me. Yeah...

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
Ugh, Necromancer11, your story freaked me out just reading it. I have an intense hatred and a little fear of spiders when they're in my house, but if they're outside I couldn't care less, some of them are actually quite beautiful. But if they're in my house (and not the size of my hand) I will not rest until they are dead. If they are the size of my hand... I will move.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Spiders and heights are the two I can think of off the top of my head. I also have, don't laugh, a fear of the dark. Now, this has to be so dark that I can't see anything, or I don't care. But as soon as it is so dark I can't see, I start getting a little freaked out. As much as I tell myself there is nothing there, I'm scared ****less that I can't see what is there.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I've got FableIIIbeingbadphobia. An intense fear of Fable III not living up to my expectations.

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score
I have lots of fears, but moths are definitely my biggest. Here are fears that I have that I can think of right now (in no particular order):

Mottephobia- Fear of Moths.
Hydrophobia- Fear of Water.
Pyrophobia- Fear of Fire.
(Don't know the name of it)- Fear of Escalators.
(Don't know the name of it)- Fear of Fireworks.
Thanatophobia- Fear of Death.
Coulrophobia- Fear of Clowns.
Claustrophobia- Fear of being in enclosed spaces.
(Don't know the name of it)- Fear of talking in front of large groups of people.
Dentophobia- Fear of Dentists.
Belonephobia- Fear of Needles.
Sinistrophobia- Fear of Left-Handed things or objects to the left side of the body.
Duotriophobia- Fear of the number 23.
BearsinRedDeadRedemptionophobia- Fear of the Bears in Red Ded Redemption :p (Traumatizing experience xD).

Yeah, i'm easily scared by a lot of things :L.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
I think I have entomophobia. I'm not sure, but I think I do.

Insects freak me out :s