• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which spells should they keep in Fable 3?

• Force Push

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Inferno

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • Shock

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Raise Dead

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Vortex

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Time Stop

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Blades

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • Chaos

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willstopher

Reaction score

Which spells do you guys think they should keep in Fable 3? If you have any ideas for new spells, post them here. Thanks!

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: Which spells should they keep in Fable 3?

I think they should keep all of them, bring back some spells from TLC (especially ones that aid in melee and ranged combat like multi strike, multi arrow, and berserk), and also make water and earth oriented spells to go along with inferno and vortex for a "four elements" kind of deal.

Kewl Munky

Reaction score

Like Necromancer11 said, bring back mutli strike, multi arrow, and berserk.

Willstopher

Reaction score

should they keep the surround-aimed spell attack thingy?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Definitely.

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

Agreed with necro

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Slow time for sure. Shock and Inferno are solid spells too. Raise Dead isn't my cup of tea, but some people like it so it should stay. Vortex is fun to look at but I don't use it much. Force Push is useful and it was in TLC so it should stay. I wouldnt miss Blades or Chaos though.

I don't nessisarily think any spells should be removed though.

Bkoz

Reaction score

Time Control was my favorite spell from Fable II.
They should bring back Berserk.
Shock, Force Push, and Blades were all decent.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

What they really need to do is keep all of them and add more. And make it so we can quickly shuffle through spells like in TLC. I don't mind having to charge up for more power, but I hate being practicly stuck using the same spell lineup.

GaEv

Reaction score

The one that sticks most to mind is Inferno because of its ability to do splash damage. I agree with the people who say add more, the first one had a bigger variety which allowed you to really customise what type of magic user your character was.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Wasn't to keen on shock, I keep my force lightning for Star Wars thank you very much! Inferno was cool but I do miss some of the old spells, the divine and infernal wrath ones were cool!

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I just think that they should keep all the Fable 2 spells because almost all of them were spells that were carried over from TLC, then tweaked a little.

Fireball/Enflame -> Inferno
Lightning -> Shock
Slow Time/Assassin Rush -> Time Control
Ghost Sword -> Blades
Force Push -> Force Push
Turncoat -> Chaos
Summon -> Raise Dead

It would be so sad if all these familiar spells just disappeared. Now, about vortex, it's really the only completely new spell, and my reasons for wanting to keep it are that it was (in my opinion) a great success, and also (as I said earlier) to go along with a water-type spell, an earth-type spell, and inferno for a 'four elements' kind of feel.

And most of the reason I want things like Berserk and multi arrow back is because I found it a little difficult to balance Will with strength and skill. There weren't any spells that helped you with ranged and melee combat. Sure, you could use time control, chaos, or raise dead to make your enemies easier to hit, but none of those spells did anything for your weapon itself. That's one thing I was missing from Fable 2, and that's also one of the reasons I still play TLC.

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

What about the targeted time control? Didn't that improve your weapon (and turn it red) temporarily?

Psychosis

Reaction score

Multi-Strike from Fable was great simply because of the nice little aura it surrounded your weapon with. And if you used it, then went into your weapon inventory, then back out to the game again, it glowed even brighter and looked very cool.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

I think they should have these:
Fable 2 spells:
Fire
Chaos
Time stop

Fable 1/tlc:
Lightning
Divine Fury
Unholy Wrath
Physical Shield
Berserk (without knocking your enemies down every time you hit them)

New:
Hover
Fire vortex
Temporary blackout (can only use it once every 15 minutes or so)

I think they should bring the will bar back, I liked being able to run out of will, it made the game slightly harder.....

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

I Think they should do summin' like, fire ball then lvl 2 bigger ball, lvl 3 ability to make a meteor type shower thing ( small ) then lvl 5 Meteor fire shower thing ( medium ) ect.. and make NEW spell's

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

They sould really increase the amount of surrounding damage each spell does, for example say you toss a level 5 force push at a bandit it misses and hits the ground, there should be a gigantic hole now... right... also flaming or fire based spells should set homes and shops as well as grass and misc. items ablaze.

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

I would like to see achievable spells in conjunction with the primary spells. But then again, this concept might change the game process of fable.

I think the spells from fable 2 are fine, add some spells from fable 1 and add more new spells. Most importantly though, give each spell as they charge different visual effects! Spice up the magic weilding!

Reaction score

Im conflicted. I do somewhat like the lack of mana bar in F2, but its not even a challenge. I mean, it was cool when I had to stratagize to get the most out of my mana. In F1, it was actually possible to be a full on mage too. I remember I would summon a minion, slow time, and then charge up a fireball and throw it right in there face! (If you dont get that reference, look up Jimmy: a world of warcraft story on youtube and thank me later)

Ceh913

Reaction score

Ghost swords needs bringing back, that spell pwned, they should also bring back then old way of doing spells, i don't like their newest charging nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.