• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who or What Is Aurora?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xeon

Re: Who or What Is Aurora?

Northpole = Northrend
Anarctica = Aurora?

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Theresa mentions that the Hero's child will control the fate of both Albion and Aurora.
Seems like a place.

Or maybe the Aurora is the Goddes of Dawn and she is the queen of some other country, and she will attack Albion, and at the end we will have to choose what to do with her...

(Kill her, let her go, and dunno.)

But maybe we will be a king of 2 countries, Albion and Aurora.

Yes, I'm sure I'm right on the last one.

X

Xeon

Albion, Samarkand, Northrend, Aurora.... The world map is shaping up nicely

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

With the inclusion of a Northrend continent, we could include another Crucible type area, except this time, players with Live can fight each other on opposing teams.

We can call it Wintersgrasp! =D

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Xeon;334683 said:
Northpole = Northrend
Anarctica = Aurora?

Northrend? Whatnow? Am I missing something here?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

aurora=parallel dimension albion?
albions neighboring country?
god ruling over albion?
holy land?

thats pretty much what i've narrowed it down to. as you can see im close :lol:

Swanny224

Reaction score

Yeah... she's probably your sister. In Fable/TLC you had Theresa, in 2 you had Rose, so Aurora is probably your sister in 3. My speculation anyways

Michael555

Reaction score

Maybe they're copying The Golden Compass and using Parallel Worlds as a theme in Fable III?

I'm kidding of course.

I believe Aurora is the name of the child.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Swanny224;334976 said:
Yeah... she's probably your sister. In Fable/TLC you had Theresa, in 2 you had Rose, so Aurora is probably your sister in 3. My speculation anyways

That's a really good theory, actually. Aurora is a girl's name. I still maintain my belief that Aurora is the planet the game takes place on, though.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

i thought the aurora was some sort of force

Xeon;334683 said:
Northpole = Northrend
Anarctica = Aurora?

Northrend is from WoW! I don't play i researched it.

worldmap-northrend.jpg

I'm sure we have sarkland or what ever (to represent Africa), Albion (to represent Euope and possibly America), a continent to represent Asia and a continent to represent America (have a civil war atmosphere).

The coolest though is a continent for hobbes, civilized fools

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Michael555;335180 said:
Maybe they're copying The Golden Compass and using Parallel Worlds as a theme in Fable III?

I'm kidding of course.

I believe Aurora is the name of the child.

God, I hope not. I'm kinda sick of parallel worlds, too.

I was thinking a sister, but really, if you go find the cutscene on Youtube it doesn't sound like that much.

Rheckameohs;335199 said:
That's a really good theory, actually. Aurora is a girl's name. I still maintain my belief that Aurora is the planet the game takes place on, though.

Yeah, I'm going with landmass, planet, or neighboring country.

hobbes_pwn;335231 said:
I'm sure we have sarkland or what ever (to represent Africa), Albion (to represent Euope and possibly America), a continent to represent Asia and a continent to represent America (have a civil war atmosphere).

Samarkand, I assume you mean? Going from the real place called Samarkand (and, as I remember, the fact that katanas came from there), I'd say it's less Africa than it is Africa/Russia/Asia all thrown together.

And Albion isn't so much Europe and it's not at all America. It's the UK. Exhibit A: Fable 1 Union Flag underoos.

But yeah, I definitely want to see the wider world.

M

MBarber87

I do think it's the planet/world.

But just as an interesting thought, it could be something to do with the spire. I mean, i hope we get to see some kind of progression from Theresa taking the spire.

Maybe the spire's power is Aurora, or perhaps a name for the spire itself?

Michael555

Reaction score

Walker;335267 said:

Ah, I don't mind it. I loved it in the "His Dark Materials" series. But it just wouldn't work in the "Fable" world. I don't think anyway...

GaEv

Reaction score

Though Theresa was quick to point out that the baby was the Ruler's child, if Aurora was the child's sister it would be another child of the ruler, in which case Theresa would have probably said "their other child" or some such. It seems odd to identify one as a child and then another by name and leave it at that.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

Walker;335267 said:

I was thinking a sister, but really, if you go find the cutscene on Youtube it doesn't sound like that much.

Samarkand, I assume you mean? Going from the real place called Samarkand (and, as I remember, the fact that katanas came from there), I'd say it's less Africa than it is Africa/Russia/Asia all thrown together.

And Albion isn't so much Europe and it's not at all America. It's the UK. Exhibit A: Fable 1 Union Flag underoos.

But yeah, I definitely want to see the wider world.

Yeh sorry your right, i posted that in a rush. Why do you see Asia and Russia. I guess the katana's but i think Samarkland will not be that multi-cultural, mixed races. I am thinking the asian cuisine, architecture and clothing will appear in another continent. Also it would be nice if the immigrants to Albion, would wear cloathing from there culture

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

It's two countries noobzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!

Albion & Aurora!

:p

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

hobbes_pwn;335576 said:
Yeh sorry your right, i posted that in a rush. Why do you see Asia and Russia. I guess the katana's but i think Samarkland will not be that multi-cultural, mixed races. I am thinking the asian cuisine, architecture and clothing will appear in another continent. Also it would be nice if the immigrants to Albion, would wear cloathing from there culture

Look up "Samarkand" on Wikipedia. Okay, fine, I'll do it for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samarkand It's in Uzbekistan, formerly part of the USSR. Since "Albion" is a name for a real place and is very similar to a real place, I can only assume that Samarkand is also inspired by the real place from whence it gets its name.

Status
Not open for further replies.