• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wiki's Take on Fable 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Wiki's Take on Fable 2

This article or section contains information about an unreleased computer or video game.It is likely to contain information of a speculative nature, and the content may change dramatically as more information becomes available.
According to the E3 trailer, the game will take place in Albion, 500 years after the original Fable (according to PC Gamer UK Magazine). The time period appears to be more colonial than medieval, as evidenced by the characters' wardrobes and the presence of early-period firearms in some scenes. Peter Molyneux has given some hints, during an interview on G4, that Fable 2 will most likely have a multiplayer component.
Following the mixed reviews of Fable, many fans hope the sequel will take a more open-ended approach to the story and involve the player in more quests than the original game.

Confirmed Facts

Note: When Fable was originally being developed under the name "Project Ego", Peter Molyneux claimed certain features which never actually appeared in the game. Be warned that these "Confirmed Facts" may change several times before Fable 2's release.

On July 6, 2006 Lionhead's Sam Van Tilburgh gave a brief update of the game's progress on the company's website:
  • Fable 2 takes place roughly 500 years after the original story.
  • Albion has seen some significant changes, both to its scenery and characters
  • Some "rather cool" twists have been promised.
  • From the trailer, early blunderbuss firearms will appear in the game.
  • The game will be a bit more mature in content than Fable.
  • There is a new woods region that is the size of all of the original woodland regions combined.
  • The "Good or Evil" element will be much more prevalent in Fable 2.
On September 29, 2006 Lionhead's Peter Moleyneux gave a preview of Fable 2 at X06:
  • The Hero starts as a street urchin.
  • The player will be able to choose his or her character's gender. Their bodies will mature accordingly as they age or level up in experience.
  • Property can now be properly invested in, and you will also be able to buy things like castles or even catacombs.
  • It is now possible to have children, whether you are playing as a female or a male.
  • The designer wants to reproduce a theme of unconditional love in your children.
  • The player may now choose from protected sex to unprotected sex.
  • The player can plant an acorn into the ground and watch it grow into an oak tree.
  • The player can affect the future of a camp by choosing to finance it or slay everyone inside.
  • The Hero's child is affected by the Hero's actions. This means that if the Hero is evil, his child will be too.
  • Images found online taken from X06 show a new area called Bloodstone which appears to be a coastal dock-style area for ships.
  • Other images from X06 also hint heavily at pirates making an appearance and indicate that the "whores" of Albion, as named in the image, will also reappear in Fable 2.
  • The improved combat system will mean that the way the hero swings his sword changes according to proximity of walls, allies, and enemies.
  • The game will have a multiplayer portion.
  • You will now be able to take jobs as such as barman, a farmer, or even a prostitute.
  • Your character will age, as the game takes place over 50 years
  • The Hero will be able to have a companion, most likely a dog.
  • There will be an online element with a team mechanic.
  • If you die, you can not return so you have to restart/load the game. (finally!!!)
  • The game will feature the same Guild feature as the previous games,but with different characters and locations.
On December 12, 2006, it was announced that the game would utilize the Havoc physics engine.

Left on the Cutting Room Floor
  • The game will not feature cut scenes. Peter Moleyneux said they should be left behind in the old generation of gaming.
  • According to an official Lionhead statement, Raping will be submitable
  • Dear all,
    It has come to our attention that there has been some speculation on message boards over the past few weeks, that highly distasteful features such as rape and incest will appear in Fable 2. Lionhead Studios would like to refute this in the strongest terms and assure everyone categorically that nothing of this nature would ever be in Fable 2 or indeed any Lionhead game. Such speculation is extremely unpleasant and completely untrue so please spread the word that neither of these acts would ever be possible in any Lionhead game.
    Thank you,
    Lionhead Studios
  • A Lionhead studio insider speculates about the possibility of slavery, slave companions, and even a scenario making the player a slave or endentured worker
Easter Eggs In The Trailer
  • The eight glowing symbols in the origami fortune telling device the hooded woman is holding are Zodiac signs. They are the Libra, Cancer, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Leo, Capricorn and Aries.
Some of the information is correct, and I thought might be useful to any new members we have pouring in, could even help with thinking of more Ideas/Wishlist
Some of the information is INCORRECT, but that doesn't mean I can't fix it later.
Enjoy. :rolleyes:

V

Vegeta

Re: Wiki's Take on Fable 2

Nice find +rep

If you die, you can not return so you have to restart/load the game. (finally!!!)

Hey does that mean from last save or from... begeinning of game... that would be bad.......

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

1Ak;38859 said:
Nice find +rep

Thanks much. :p

I hope people find it useful/helpful ^_^

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

1Ak;38859 said:
Hey does that mean from last save or from... begeinning of game... that would be bad.......

I hope from the last save. Cause from the beginning would really suck..Hardcore.

V

Vegeta

Yeah definately if you were on the last level....

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Well, I guess it'd be the ultimate hardcore of roleplaying if you had to restart when you died.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;38866 said:
Well, I guess it'd be the ultimate hardcore of roleplaying if you had to restart when you died.
That would be the ultimate form. but I want that for VR not games I play with controllers and can get carpletunnle from. My wrists already hurt enoough as it is.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;38867 said:
That would be the ultimate form. but I want that for VR not games I play with controllers and can get carpletunnle from. My wrists already hurt enoough as it is.

Never said it was a good thing. :p

It reminds my of my Dungeons and Dragons days (Yes, when you were sitting there a bunch of geeks with your books and dice). If you died there, it was basicly bye-bye with that character....because none of us lived long enough to reach the level where our Clerics learnt Ressurection! :lol:

Also, you've gotta be careful when reading Wikipedia...as it is no official info from the people behind Fable II, just stuff gathered by the users of Wikipedia, some of it might be pure bull****. :ninja:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;38869 said:
Never said it was a good thing. :p

It reminds my of my Dungeons and Dragons days (Yes, when you were sitting there a bunch of geeks with your books and dice). If you died there, it was basicly bye-bye with that character....because none of us lived long enough to reach the level where our Clerics learnt Ressurection! :lol:

Also, you've gotta be careful when reading Wikipedia...as it is no official info from the people behind Fable II, just stuff gathered by the users of Wikipedia, some of it might be pure bull****. :ninja:

Back in the days? I do believe I have three D&D characters in the works. Inuyasha game, Avatar Game, and one where I'm a were-tiger. :D

Sephiroxas;38858 said:
Some of the information is correct, and I thought might be useful to any new members we have pouring in, could even help with thinking of more Ideas/Wishlist
Some of the information is INCORRECT, but that doesn't mean I can't fix it later.
Enjoy. :rolleyes:

I didn't want to use Bull****, I thought incorrect was a good enough word. I tried to put that in there at least 3 times "THE INFO MIGHT NOT STAY, IT'S SUBJECT TO CHANGE" I need a bigger font to get it across. LOL

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Oh I meant "back in the days" because it was before those awsome DnD games such as the Baldur's Gate series and the Icewind Dale series, so I was pretty much limited to the Pen and Paper form. After that, I've rarely played the good old Pen and Paper version....:unsure:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;38879 said:
Oh I meant "back in the days" because it was before those awsome DnD games such as the Baldur's Gate series and the Icewind Dale series, so I was pretty much limited to the Pen and Paper form. After that, I've rarely played the good old Pen and Paper version....:unsure:

but the good ol' pen and paper version is fun. You get to hang out with friends, drink and...
ninja.gif
...Be merry..
D&D online looks pretty cool though.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah....though I must say I am more looking forward to play Neverwinter Nights II. The online element of the first NwN was awsome, I played on a really fun and good Roleplaying server called City of Arabel...

But not to derail this thread, like I so often have the habit of doing..

"The player may now choose from protected sex to unprotected sex."

That made me laugh. In school we've read that the old Vikings used sheep guts as an early form of condoms. I can't really see how latex ones being used in Fable II, so it will be funny to see what they'll use to have protected sex....:ninja:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;38884 said:
Yeah....though I must say I am more looking forward to play Neverwinter Nights II. The online element of the first NwN was awsome, I played on a really fun and good Roleplaying server called City of Arabel...

But not to derail this thread, like I so often have the habit of doing..

"The player may now choose from protected sex to unprotected sex."

That made me laugh. In school we've read that the old Vikings used sheep guts as an early form of condoms. I can't really see how latex ones being used in Fable II, so it will be funny to see what they'll use to have protected sex....:ninja:

I never thought of that!!! :lol: eww..sheep guts..I really hope that's not what it is....:'( Hopefully I won't have to see much anyway.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah. I wonder, the diseases you could get for wrapping a piece of sheep guts around your wiener would seem alot worse than any STD....Eeeewww.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;38888 said:
Yeah. I wonder, the diseases you could get for wrapping a piece of sheep guts around your wiener would seem alot worse than any STD....Eeeewww.

STD's in fable..now THAT'D be the day.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

*Shrugs* Why not? The only other reason for them to having protected sex would be letting 12 year old boys watching pixel sex for hours on end without serious consequences for their character!

Oh wait....

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;38890 said:
*Shrugs* Why not? The only other reason for them to having protected sex would be letting 12 year old boys watching pixel sex for hours on end without serious consequences for their character!

Oh wait....

mmm pixel sex..wait..no..;):lol: hahah I really want my family..of evil heros..

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Property can now be properly invested in, and you will also be able to buy things like castles or even catacombs.

Mmmm....my personal sewer-like, damp, wet and smelly den of evil.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;38892 said:
Property can now be properly invested in, and you will also be able to buy things like castles or even catacombs.

Mmmm....my personal sewer-like, damp, wet and smelly den of evil.

I wonder if you can like Name them.

Castle (insert random name)

Status
Not open for further replies.