• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
Re: Your Weapon

Yes, but he didn't make a big deal out of swinging on a chandelier, now did he? Besides, there's a difference between something like that and morphing weapons, that being swinging on a chandelier is probably a helluva lot harder to animate, etc. than morphing weapons, and probably wasn't that important of a feature anyway.

Also, I haven't seen this footage, and YouTube searches are inconclusive, so yeah. :l

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score

Sabbath;363038 said:
The idea seems cool but if it devolopes to your alignment wouldn't everyone have the same weapon in the end?

There'd only be like 2 different weapons, good and evil, unless it changes to your fighting style and the majority of the weapons would be rapidly hitting A.
I'm not counting the possibilities of different weapons because im assuming they won't be to different from each other.

The morphing of your weapon does not depend on your alignment - alignment is only one of several factors.

How often you fight, how long those fights continue, your alignment, even your gamerscore are determining factors of your weapon's appearance; and I don't think that is all. I'm sure there will be at least a four or even five digit amount of variations - three digit anyway, no doubt.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;363330 said:
Yes, but he didn't make a big deal out of swinging on a chandelier, now did he? Besides, there's a difference between something like that and morphing weapons, that being swinging on a chandelier is probably a helluva lot harder to animate, etc. than morphing weapons, and probably wasn't that important of a feature anyway.

My point was that a gameplay demonstration doesn't automatically mean it's going to be in the final copy.

And he actually made quite a big deal of the whole environment determined dynamic combat thing. It was one of his main things with Fable II.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Well, if you really think about it, the environment did have an effect on combat, e.g. you could knock people off cliffs or hit them against walls. I'm sure the whole swinging chandelier thing was axed due to either being too cumbersome to work properly or generally not being useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.