• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Zombieland, Yay or Nay?

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score
Zombieland, Yay or Nay?

To those that have seen Zombieland, would I do well to steer clear or is it worth seeing?

I understand it's more comedic than survival-horror (some liken it to Sean of the Dead), but the trailers seemed a little more goofy than that. Sean of the Dead was brilliant for a zombie comedy, but this just appears more about laughs than solid plot work.

Thoughts? o_O

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score
Re: Zombieland, Yay or Nay?

Just another zombie movie. They're all the same.

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score

Au contraire, mon frère... all zombie movies are not created equal. You have survival-horror classics like Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead (George A. Romero versions) and Remakes; There are zombie comedies, zombie shorts with different motifs...

You've got your crawling zombies, you're marathon zombies. You have zombies that eat only brains vs. unadultarated flesh eating zombies. Zombies you can kill by destroying the brain, zombies that do not "die" no matter what you do.

So much more, I've barely scratched the surface of the genre. Great stuff if you're interested.

I for one love the classics and what Romero did for the genre, but I find Dawn of the Dead (Remake, 2004) much more appealing for the zombies' speed. Much more believable that world governments would be overrun by marathon zombies than by lumbering, sleepwalking cannibals.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

Tiamatria;342226 said:

Spoken with true ignorance. Congrats! You're completely average!

ZOMBIELAND WAS AMAZING.
GO SEE IT.

GO SEE IT NOW.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

Tyloric;342230 said:
Spoken with true ignorance. Congrats! You're completely average!

ZOMBIELAND WAS AMAZING.
GO SEE IT.

GO SEE IT NOW.

Apparently you didn't get my point.

What I meant to say was, there's far too many zombie movies. I mean, Day/Dawn/Diary of the Dead, Zombieland, etcetera... it's getting really old... now a humorous movie about zombies? Sure, it's a good idea on paper, but to be honest, it would have been greater if it would have launched the chainlink of zombie movies.

Maybe I'm being too nitpicky. In any case, I don't even like zombie movies. They were great back then, in the days of The Prince of Darkness and The Exorcist (The f**king ORIGINAL ONE!), but now it's just a joke.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Zombieland > Shaun of the Dead

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I want to see it as it looks pretty good and my friends enjoyed it.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

I want to see it too. Looks cool, and funny :p

I made a zombie kitty. Check my profile page xd

Cain

Reaction score

Tiamatria;342240 said:
Apparently you didn't get my point.

What I meant to say was, there's far too many zombie movies. I mean, Day/Dawn/Diary of the Dead, Zombieland, etcetera... it's getting really old... now a humorous movie about zombies? Sure, it's a good idea on paper, but to be honest, it would have been greater if it would have launched the chainlink of zombie movies.

Maybe I'm being too nitpicky. In any case, I don't even like zombie movies. They were great back then, in the days of The Prince of Darkness and The Exorcist (The f**king ORIGINAL ONE!), but now it's just a joke.

The exorcist was about demonic possession. The original zombie film, which came before the exorcist might I add was Night of the Living Dead. Abd personally I don't like zombie comedy movies. Shaun of the dead was an exception but I like good ol'horror movies.

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score

^ I was unsure of zombie comedies too. I raised an eyebrow when I first heard of the sub-genre, but then I saw movies like Braindead (linked) and Fido. Both are zombie comedies and both are very well done.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Tiamatria;342226 said:

Ah, but there is no such thing as just another zombie movie.

Go see it, because I will!

The Pirate King

Never Cross A Pirate
Reaction score

Yay! Go see it. I just saw it again, second time. Ain't nothing better. Then zombie, mixed with comedy. Zombiedy! To me, it was well worth my money. It was much better then shaun of the dead. Atleast to me.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

I'm going to have to wait a month or so to see it, and i'm going to have to go with an adult, my mom won't, and it will be in French! the great lines will be changed and not as funny anymore, the famous THIS IS SPARTA! was changed to NOUS SOMMES DE SPARTE! which means where from sparta, it wasn't as epic.
Although my mother did tell me at the cinema they did show the original versions with subtitles. i hope they do it, never seen any zombie movie, but this one looks awesome(yes i haven't seen shaun of the dead)
looks awesome, it looks funny AND it has zombies!