• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
They have said they'd never make a prequel
Who, when? I never heard that.

Also to people who say that setting something in the past removes decisions, remember that in the Fable world you often find books and read quotes about the inaccuracy of historical documentation. The shape of Albion changes between F1 and 2 ffs, and Lionhead explains that the reason for this is map making skills were not good around the time of Fable 1. Also we know almost nothing about either the period between Fable 1 and 2 OR the time before Fable 1. Therefore there could still be a game set then.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
Also to people who say that setting something in the past removes decisions, remember that in the Fable world you often find books and read quotes about the inaccuracy of historical documentation.
It wouldn't remove decisions, it would remove big decisions. For example, Oakvale is about to be destroyed by, let's say, a horde of balverines. Do we help the villagers, help the balverines or do nothing? Answer: we have to help them, there is no choice because if we allow the village to be destroyed then who is the hero of skill in fable 2?

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score
they really seem to be boxing themselves in imo...if they make another big leap into the future (like in fable 2 from fable 1), it may come off as like a colonization thing or modern era, then i'd rather play the secret world at that point. i think the colonization thing might work, but it would be a similar story (a far off colony revolts from albion, and becomes it's own country).

when i think about that, it may work...there may be even new enemies, and it would offer a chance to bring the trolls back, which were all killed off in albion in fable 3. since the colony would be relatively new, the tech may stay the same as it was in fable 2, maybe even fable 3, depending on how involved albion leaders are in the colonization. just my two cents however

That could work...
Something major happen, industrial era stopped, people become tribes in a ravaged world, Fable 3 tech still there, The evil that the crawler worked for is rising to control the world, hero must unite the clans/tribes, and get help from other countries, have an epic battle with crawler boss, the end. I can see it happen in Fable 4. What do you think?

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
It wouldn't remove decisions, it would remove big decisions. For example, Oakvale is about to be destroyed by, let's say, a horde of balverines. Do we help the villagers, help the balverines or do nothing? Answer: we have to help them, there is no choice because if we allow the village to be destroyed then who is the hero of skill in fable 2?
when has there ever been a choice like that in the Fable series? They always promise stuff like this but never go through with it. Plus I was more referring to the period before Fable 1 when i wrote that.

Erika

Reaction score
time bubbles.
you could start off in ww1 time (only a little difent cuz it is fable)
thin something hapens and you get sint back in old kindome time. thin the guld seal can let you go back and forth in time.
and what you do (quests and other things) in the old kindome time. changes whats in the ww1 time.

eather that or go back in the old kindom time.

bradio12

Reaction score
well on fable 5 you be a god!!! (just making ideas ) fable 4 i dunno king of albion and aurora?

Erika

Reaction score
well on fable 5 you be a god!!! (just making ideas ) fable 4 i dunno king of albion and aurora?

the arcon.
or hero of samerkand.
thay need to put samerkand in.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
when has there ever been a choice like that in the Fable series?
That quest as king where you need to retrieve the balverine statue was similar, and you could choose to keep old quarter in ruins
Plus I was more referring to the period before Fable 1 when i wrote that.
OK, so oakvale is destroyed before fable 1... where would the hero of oakvale come from?

also I was just trying to point out that if they set it in the past then they would have to be careful not to put anything in that would stop something from fable tlc/2/3 from happening or add something that should have at least been mentioned in passing, I mean the hero of oakvale has stories about him that survived for 550 years. most of us (I think) want a hero at least that good again but if there is not even a whisper about any other great hero then claerly we can't we'll just get some other hero that will be forgotten

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
OK, so oakvale is destroyed before fable 1... where would the hero of oakvale come from?

why are you so obsessed with oakvale being destroyed? they could easily NOT give you an option affecting oakvale. plus oakvale was rebuilt in less than 20 years between the bandit raid and the Hero of Oakvale returning, so your argument is a bit pointless. ALSO, your choices at the start of Fable 2, which affected Bowerstone Old Town had no ramifications on Fable 3 which was only 50 years later. Plus, between 2 and 3, a gap of only 50 years, many parts of the world A) change their name and B) become almost unrecognisable when compared to Fable 2. Going back years before Fable 1 would have no effect on any of the previous games.

the hero of oakvale has stories about him that survived for 550 years. most of us (I think) want a hero at least that good again but if there is not even a whisper about any other great hero then claerly we can't we'll just get some other hero that will be forgotten

The Hero of Oakvale was pretty legendary, but only because he defeated Jack. there were heroes around, probably for centuries before him. Also, you are completely forgetting that even when you are given choices in the games, Lionheart then makes them for you for the next games, EG:
- hero of oakvale is said to have fought with the sword of aeons regardless of your choice
- h.o.o is seen as a good hero, regardless of how you played
- Theresa still survives, regardless of whether you killed her with the sword
- the hero of bowerlake is a man/king, regardless of blah blah you see where I'm going

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
why are you so obsessed with oakvale being destroyed? they could easily NOT give you an option affecting oakvale.
it is an example
plus oakvale was rebuilt in less than 20 years between the bandit raid and the Hero of Oakvale returning, so your argument is a bit pointless.
that was one time by bandits, if a place was destroyed more than once or by something more dangerous that didn't leave would you really rebuild it? yes you could rebuild but would you really want to?
ALSO, your choices at the start of Fable 2, which affected Bowerstone Old Town had no ramifications on Fable 3 which was only 50 years later. Plus, between 2 and 3, a gap of only 50 years, many parts of the world A) change their name and B) become almost unrecognisable when compared to Fable 2.
there was an industrial revolution in that time, a period of huge and fast change so any effect that decision would have would be unnoticable. also there are only two places that have changed that much, bower lake and fairfax castle
The Hero of Oakvale was pretty legendary, but only because he defeated Jack. there were heroes around, probably for centuries before him.
yes but unless some of them are as ledgendary as the hero of oakvale they won't be any fun to play as, and there aren't otherwise they would be remembered
Also, you are completely forgetting that even when you are given choices in the games, Lionheart then makes them for you for the next games, EG:
- hero of oakvale is said to have fought with the sword of aeons regardless of your choice
- h.o.o is seen as a good hero, regardless of how you played
- Theresa still survives, regardless of whether you killed her with the sword
four things, in order.No i'm not. Lionheart? you mean Lionhead. those first two are more to do with real-world technical limitations, LH couldn't import saves from fable tlc into fable 2 so they had to choose. If you take the sword of aeons you don't necessarily kill theresa, yeah you're told that you have to kill her to keep it but you only hit her once and you don't hang around to make sure she's dead.
- the hero of bowerlake is a man/king, regardless of blah blah you see where I'm going
Again, real world limitation, there wasn't much point for LH to make two trailers that were only one word different, yeah they could have done it but there'd be no point. And in fable 3 the hero of bowerstone can be referred to as 'queen'

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
it is an example
You kept going on about it, saying the Hero of Oakvale couldn't have been born. When people write prequel stories they do it so that they don't tread on the story that is already in place.

yes but unless some of them are as ledgendary as the hero of oakvale they won't be any fun to play as, and there aren't otherwise they would be remembered
four things, in order.No i'm not. Lionheart? you mean Lionhead.
Firstly, the Heroes in 2 and 3 are WAY less awesome as the Hero of Oakvale, which may explain why Fable 1 was the best, but they still made 2 and 3 with less awesome heroes, so yep you're wrong.
Also, typo, get over it.

bradio12

Reaction score
the arcon.
or hero of samerkand.
thay need to put samerkand in.

yeah they really have to put samarkand and it could tell what happens in between fable 1 and 2 or maybe 2 and 3

Erika

Reaction score
yeah they really have to put samarkand and it could tell what happens in between fable 1 and 2 or maybe 2 and 3

or what the old kindome was like in samerkand. or was the old kindome ONLY in albion?
btw this might be a lil complex but i think you should be able to pic what time your in, and what your start off as, like a king or a begger or even a gypsy.
it will make the game last much much longer for every one.

bradio12

Reaction score
or what the old kindome was like in samerkand. or was the old kindome ONLY in albion?
btw this might be a lil complex but i think you should be able to pic what time your in, and what your start off as, like a king or a begger or even a gypsy.
it will make the game last much much longer for every one.

yep

thing844

Generic Shopkeeper
Reaction score
Perhaps an invasion from a foriegn country, or shipwrecked in a distant land, and trying to find a way back to Albion? :ermm:

Nuclear Simon

I'm teh pinkz headz !!! Lol!
Reaction score
Guys, your talking much about choices in Fable 3. What about if things you did in Fable 3 will synchronise with things in Fable 4. You didn't repair Old Quarter, it's not repaired in Fable 4. As well, why WW1 era. If Fable 3 was placed around 1500-1600, there is a lot of time before the war.

If I had to decide, I would like to drive an early car and have a tomahawk as Legendary Weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong about a car at that time.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
However, there is one thing they could do. It's a little radical, but I would enjoy it. Theresa might be looking at the world and decide that it is too industrialized and too corrupt, and she might decide to use the Spire to end that society much like the first Archon did in hopes of a purer one taking its place. Then, Fable 4 and 5 can still be set in the future, but we can be put back into a TLC-like setting a while after Albion is being recreated. I can sort of see Lionhead doing this, but it is more unlikely than it is likely.

I think that something like that is the only way they could go much further forward without breaking time, as it were.

If something like that happened, then you could include things/places/items from previous games that have fans and still build on top. I for one think it could be quite interesting to explore a world full of ruins, it could give Lionhead plenty of room for intering dungeons and the like.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
I think that something like that is the only way they could go much further forward without breaking time, as it were.

If something like that happened, then you could include things/places/items from previous games that have fans and still build on top. I for one think it could be quite interesting to explore a world full of ruins, it could give Lionhead plenty of room for intering dungeons and the like.
I wouldn't really say ruins, I'd like something like 100-200 years past the destruction. So no huge cities have sprung up over time and the ruins aren't too new. I'm not sure why, but I find relics of human acomplishment covered by nature just beautiful.

But Lionhead did do that, what do you suppose the plot would be? Find Thereasa and either have her turn back time somehow to restore the world to it's former "glory" or just gain the information of why and be on your way. Personally, I'd like a game to end in the second way. You've quested for many years, it's the final moments but then she shows you what the world was and show that you've been acting on nothing but nostalgic yearning for what once was. Then you make the choice.

That's why I loved Fable II, sure I wish it had a better journey to the spire, but the final "boss" was so anti-climatic I loved it. A man brought on the verge thinking his silver tongue and money had brought him on the verge of immortality, then to have his messed up vision torn away from him with a single bullet.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
I wouldn't really say ruins, I'd like something like 100-200 years past the destruction. So no huge cities have sprung up over time and the ruins aren't too new. I'm not sure why, but I find relics of human acomplishment covered by nature just beautiful.

That's the kind of thing I'd like to see: the mossy, root covered halls of the past...

But Lionhead did do that, what do you suppose the plot would be? Find Thereasa and either have her turn back time somehow to restore the world to it's former "glory" or just gain the information of why and be on your way. Personally, I'd like a game to end in the second way. You've quested for many years, it's the final moments but then she shows you what the world was and show that you've been acting on nothing but nostalgic yearning for what once was. Then you make the choice.

I'd quite like to see a quest for knowledge, with the final climactic choice being whether to keep the power of the [insert-ridiculously-crazy-technology-here] to myself and become a crazy overlord or share it with the world to ensure a land of happyness and equality, with plenty of choices in-between. Or maybe something more original, but knowledge seeking would be cool in my eyes.

And I for one wouldn't feel much sadness if we didn't see Thereasa as our ambiguous guide again...

Status
Not open for further replies.