• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Moving House.

R

-Ravan-

Moving House.

Hello -Ravan- Here With a Little Thought.

Basically i wanted to ask you guys if anyone had tried moving house in Fable. Basically i've been playing a lot of Fable lately and i have a wife currently in Oakvale. I have the house rented in Bowerstone, now i'm going to politely kick its occupants out and have the house for myself, and get my wife in oakvale to follow me. All the way to Bowerstone and see if i can do all the things i can in Oakvale. Why?? Cause i'm intresed. what i'm posting it here for is to see if anyone else has tried this, and if so what happened. Ok now its posted i'll be trying it later.

S

silentbob

Re: Moving House.

why not just get a new wife in bowerstone? and i'd assume so as you can give your wife the follow command, well if recollection serves then you can. if im wrong let me know

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Never throught of that, no, but I've wanted to

R

-Ravan-

I didn't want to be a bigamist, like most who play the game. I have no idea but even in a game i find it hard to do stuff like that. so i was thinking of moving, and then i hadn't heard of anyone doing it so i thought i'd post. i know i'm random.

S

silentbob

im sure no one minds a little randomness. i know i dont i've had a wee bit too much too drink

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I have tried this but I had two problems:

1) The woman was stupid

and

2) The woman was stupid

Basically, I wanted to get my missus from Oakvale to Bowerstone South but the silly cow kept getting mauled by Balverines and Hobbes. Heal Life didn't cover it as I was fully evil and hadn't mastered the spell enough for it to have a long enough effect and whenever I told her to wait whilst I killed off potential enemies, she would disappear and I'd have to start all over again. I think I got pretty far but then I stopped off at the Bordello by mistake (we were running away from a bandit coz I'd run out of patience) and she disappeared again. Maybe it was the way Hedwig cracked her whip at me in recognition....hmm....

Anywho, I will be trying this again at some point because I want to succeed...let us know how you get on, Ravan :D

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

well you could just master slow time get her to follow you and use it at the begining of each place run through and if my merory serves me right if you exit the area the wife automatically appears when you get out the other side.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I have successfully gotten that girl from the Bordello and guide her to Bowerstone South to Marry her.

I rule.

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

was slow time involved?

R

-Ravan-

I have had little success. It seems that ONCE MARRIED, a women may not leave town. she may follow you anywhere with in the town your married but can not leave the actual town. anyone not married may follow you anwhere in the world. as long as you can walk there. but once actually married they are town bound. This Sucks.

You can however talk to the women in Bowerstone north while on quest to marry Lady Grey. If you talk to her right after you defeat thunder theres an option to drop the "good" Lady and marry her instead, and you can the get her to follow you to oakvale as she has no place to live and marry her there. However she also becomes town bound once married.

All in all Your not allowed to move house. So i hope that some Lionhead Employee working on Fable 2 sees this and allows a correction in the second of what will hopefully be a long lasting game series.

P

Prince Grim

droded;115634 said:
I have successfully gotten that girl from the Bordello and guide her to Bowerstone South to Marry her.

I rule.

whoa man... i like tht... i thnk i'll murder all my wives and get bordello chicks haha.. even old polly :O :O lmao j/p she can keep her wrinkly *** where its at!!

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I've gotten someone from the Guild to go to Bowerstone and Married her and from the Guild to Oakvale as well

H

Hexadecimal

Prince Grim;135407 said:
whoa man... i like tht... i thnk i'll murder all my wives and get bordello chicks haha.. even old polly :O :O lmao j/p she can keep her wrinkly *** where its at!!

you can't marry the bordello prostitutes actually... you can only marry the occasional normal Albion woman who shows up there... so not polly or anyone else...

DarkRage

Choose your fortune
Reaction score

well... when I started playing fable I did tried this but she havnt followed me to barrow field...>.>
but... even if she did... she wouldnt survive all the way of darkwood...
that suck dude...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

DarkRage;135894 said:
well... when I started playing fable I did tried this but she havnt followed me to barrow field...>.>
but... even if she did... she wouldnt survive all the way of darkwood...
that suck dude...
I've gotten people from the Hero's Guild all the way to Oakvale.
Perhaps the person died and you didn't notice? Or they Stopped following you. Either way, Anyone can survive dark wood if the hero has Heal Life, and a good weapon. o_O

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

I like the idea of bringing a member of the hero's guild to a different town and marrying... Never thought of it before..

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Kamolakk;135931 said:
I like the idea of bringing a member of the hero's guild to a different town and marrying... Never thought of it before..

Mine love me. :wub: I'm glad he followed me all the way there

R

-Ravan-

This is a slight resurrection of this thread. Basically I wanted to thank the kind Lionhead Employee who noticed my Non biagtary ways, and wish to MOVE HOME in the second game. Thats all thank you very much for a much Improved follow command.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

When you can revive anything, you know you got power! :p

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Theoreticaly it can work... just might be hard to protect her unless you just plan and zooming through... still a little hard... but yes it would work, about her staying there... idk