• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Fable II Online Trading Post

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score
Re: A Fable II Online Trading Post

I just want to acknowledge all of you and thank you for adding to the discussion. Your input is definitely helping to shape this discussion and better define the earlier ideas about an online trading post!

....Awesome :D

-PhilE

J

jaconcox

i dont think that this would work just because i dont think they have randomly generated items. all the items will probably be the same like in fable 1 the silver chest alwase has that item in it nomatter how and when you open it. yea there will be more options to armour but i only see this working 2 ways one there are randomly generated items with leet items(but then if you get another sword of aeons then you wouldnt want to trade for anything). and two if there are extremely hard to get rare items...

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Can't we give gifts? :unsure:

R

Rolandk73

Either way, I'm sure we could work it out.

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score

jaconcox;208401 said:
i dont think that this would work just because i dont think they have randomly generated items. all the items will probably be the same like in fable 1 the silver chest alwase has that item in it nomatter how and when you open it. yea there will be more options to armour but i only see this working 2 ways one there are randomly generated items with leet items(but then if you get another sword of aeons then you wouldnt want to trade for anything). and two if there are extremely hard to get rare items...

I concede it's quite possible that they won't have randomly generated items in which case you really couldn't have a market. But, if they allow you the option to trade online with friends, I take that as a sign they've thought about this as well and have made the necessary adjustments. It's possible that you could have the ability to police bodies, which would allow you to acquire a multitude of items like Oblivion.

If randomly generated material is not included, then I would have to say that this could still work, but in a diminished capacity. In this case, someone could accrue items through simple thievery and then fence it online if not within the game. Of course, this diminished capacity may not even make the effort worth it.

We'll just have to wait and see which way they've decided to go. :)

-PhilE

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Well I hope we can go that road. It would be fun.:)

K

Kutters

i really don't think this would work, or even be needed. this isn't world of warcraft where you get "8 stinky pelts" or whatever. i seriously doubt there will even be a need of trading item amungst players. i feel that whatever items you require will be readily available to you throughout the game, making such a complicated form of trading obsolite. anyway that's my opinion and i think i didn't spell a word or two correctly.

K

Kutters

i can't believe this thread died so quickly

J

jaconcox

PhilistineEars;208416 said:
I concede it's quite possible that they won't have randomly generated items in which case you really couldn't have a market. But, if they allow you the option to trade online with friends, I take that as a sign they've thought about this as well and have made the necessary adjustments. It's possible that you could have the ability to police bodies, which would allow you to acquire a multitude of items like Oblivion.

If randomly generated material is not included, then I would have to say that this could still work, but in a diminished capacity. In this case, someone could accrue items through simple thievery and then fence it online if not within the game. Of course, this diminished capacity may not even make the effort worth it.

We'll just have to wait and see which way they've decided to go. :)

-PhilE

exelent point there probably will be will potions (the ones that give you XP) in the game so a will user will trade his strength and skill ones for will potions. i was only thinking about weapons and armour but even then there probably will still be some trading with them so yea im guessing this will work

Can't we give gifts? :unsure:

yea achully one of the achievments is
sending a gift to another hero over x-box live

L

Lord Hotdog

I have reason to believe there is a trading system, as most articles say even though you cannot play online coop on realese date, although you can still communicate through the orbs and trade.

So i guess there will be trading system implemented into the game. :wub:

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

This idea can work and its a lot more simpler than you would think.

1. set up a stick thread on this website
2. in the thread you have people selling items and people buying
3. if something takes your fancy send a private message, this would save confusion.
4. once the item(s) are agreed price etc the two players would meet on one or the others game then they trade. this could be done by dropping or how ever it is set up
5. since this trade would be between members on the site then scammers could easily be dealt with.
6. first offensive negative rep from the staff second all your rep gone third their account banned of the site + another thread with a list of names with who not to trade with (name and shame) this thread would only be edited and posed by staff for obvious reasons.

But since the only trading going on would be between members who are signed in then it should be safe for trading. this is only brain storming since i read a few threads of drop trading, this just make it safer. Yes there are 10k members on but I've noticed only the same old members seem to talk so some accounts will be un-active on the website + not every1 on the site intends to buy fable 2

G

GodSlam

Skormsarrow;209352 said:
This idea can work and its a lot more simpler than you would think.

1. set up a stick thread on this website
2. in the thread you have people selling items and people buying
3. if something takes your fancy send a private message, this would save confusion.
4. once the item(s) are agreed price etc the two players would meet on one or the others game then they trade. this could be done by dropping or how ever it is set up
5. since this trade would be between members on the site then scammers could easily be dealt with.
6. first offensive negative rep from the staff second all your rep gone third their account banned of the site + another thread with a list of names with who not to trade with (name and shame) this thread would only be edited and posed by staff for obvious reasons.

But since the only trading going on would be between members who are signed in then it should be safe for trading. this is only brain storming since i read a few threads of drop trading, this just make it safer. Yes there are 10k members on but I've noticed only the same old members seem to talk so some accounts will be un-active on the website + not every1 on the site intends to buy fable 2

1) Having one thread for all those trades would be too crazy. A whole section would be needed.

2) One man or woman's word over another's cannot be done in the case of faulty trades. If people have something out for another person, then they can easily say that the other person didn't actually trade, even if they did. And screenshots are not an option because not everyone can take a picture while playing "Fable 2". (Though I think I heard that the new dashboard will let you do just that.)

And just some extra info so that you know, trades are done through a trade system on the the game. So re-think your plan. =)

Danke~

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score

@ Godslam, do you have specific information on what the trade system will be like in F2? I still stand by my ABC model as the safest way to execute transactions between players. If I were given more detail about the trading system then some modifications may be in order.

-PhilE

Twilight

Reaction score

Can't you set up your own shops in F2?

Why not use this when trading Item for Gold.

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

GodSlam;209401 said:
1) Having one thread for all those trades would be too crazy. A whole section would be needed.

2) One man or woman's word over another's cannot be done in the case of faulty trades. If people have something out for another person, then they can easily say that the other person didn't actually trade, even if they did. And screenshots are not an option because not everyone can take a picture while playing "Fable 2". (Though I think I heard that the new dashboard will let you do just that.)

And just some extra info so that you know, trades are done through a trade system on the the game. So re-think your plan. =)

Danke~

that was if they were intending to drop trade and i said only post what your selling or buyin in the thread the business would be conducted in private messages

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score

"The goal with being able to invite other players in is obviously for co-questing, but you'll also be able to barter goods and the like which will likely build a reasonable community of players finding and swapping goodies with others who want/need the better wares you might have come across in your Albion game-world." (Source)

Hopefully this is a better indication that this may come to life. It's been a little while since I've added anything to this thread, but I needed time to gather more evidence that this free trade idea may work.

-PhilE

S

Spartan Samuel

This sounds cool, but I'm reminded of people trading things in Guild Wars... *shudder*

*shudder again*

moxinn

Reaction score

Hello,
Yes this is really very good idea. i am new here so i don't have enough information about all this. all of you gave nice information.

thanks!!

Mace81

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well I for one would love to see it. After all, it's not exactly a radical idea what with other RPG's using it. Also it gives more purpose to having an online community in the first place!

I was surprised to see that there isn't an official website focusing on 'gift' trading? I had to dig deep to even stumble across this. I've never actually gift-traded before, so if anyone is bored and/or can find it in their heart to donate / sell / swap a rotting pair of gloves or broken sword to me, then feel free to say hello! *sniff*

Good luck with the trading post! P.S. Would a petition / vote help the cause at all?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Please check the dates before you post. This thread is over three years old. It's dead.