• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Abandoned Fable III DLC?

Was there more DLC planned for Fable III?

• Total voters

Monty Popcorn

Reaction score
If like me if you are a regular player of fable III you will know, through the lack of patches for those game breaking bugs, Lionhead have gave up almost entirely on the game. This I suspect is due to the large amount of criticism received about the game, after all who is going to bother putting time and money into patching a game that people constantly whinge about?

However I raise the question Was there more DLC planned for Fable III? The only reason to suspect such a statement is due to a sentence Theresa speaks at the end of the ill-fated game. " The future will reveal itself when it is ready to" and "Perhaps we shall meet again someday". This suggests that some 'See The Future'esque DLC was planned for Fable III.

This is all but speculation by me, though I would love to hear what you think. Please answer the poll and leave a comment below about your opinion.

Ugly Kids 2

Reaction score
That sounds about right, they did it for fable II, so why not fable III? It's likely that they were making more DLC, because more DLC means more money, but in all fairness, the criticism the game received was fair. When I realized I would have to give out more money to get black dye, I decided I wouldn't buy any DLC that ever came out for it. Nonetheless the game was still great, and it seems quite plausible that even more DLC was in development.

Monty Popcorn

Reaction score
I agree with you to a certain extent. The game was nothing spectacular and almost a carbon copy of Fable II, which happens to be my favourite out of the three. But the sheer amount of lynching, through criticism, was quite uncalled for. Even now fans still heavily bombard Lionhead with the same old 'Fable III was awful', 'Fable TLC is the best'. It is because of that in my opinion why we did not see any more DLC, yet again as in life people spoil it for others. By all means have an opinion but don’t persecute at every given opportunity.

Ugly Kids 2

Reaction score
I played The Elder Scrolls, it had everything it said it would, but it somehow felt lacking. Fable has always been an excellent franchise, the concept of choices essentially effecting the game is great, and Fable III was a great game, I just feel like we were promised a bit more than we received. I've never liked DLC because I could always buy a whole new game instead. By the way, I remember seeing a note from Reaver in the castle after I finished the main game, it talks about how he's going on a trip he has to go on annually (Which, every Fable II player remembers as the shadow court) and that he might tell you more about it. Maybe they could have built DLC off of that?

Monty Popcorn

Reaction score
I too have played Elder Scrolls and I do admit it is a good game, however I feel it is quite hollow. The thing which brings me to the Fable franchise is the backstory and lore. That is the secret to all good franchises and in my opinion is one of the redeeming factors of Fable III. I never normally like buying DLC, as the vast majority of it for most games are muliplayer map packs, but with fable I dont mind paying, as story DLC is few and vast between nowdays.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I too have played Elder Scrolls and I do admit it is a good game, however I feel it is quite hollow. The thing which brings me to the Fable franchise is the backstory and lore. That is the secret to all good franchises and in my opinion is one of the redeeming factors of Fable III. I never normally like buying DLC, as the vast majority of it for most games are muliplayer map packs, but with fable I dont mind paying, as story DLC is few and vast between nowdays.
Just to be fair, TES has one of the most extensive lores in the vidya out there.
OT:
Yes, there was more DLC planned, as confirmed by Gradius, but the team that worked on Fable III got divided into Fable: The Journey, Fable Heroes and another project if I recall correctly, leaving absolutely no one to work on DLC -or patches, for that matter- on Fable III

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Hard to say really.
Fable 2 has augmentable accessories option still in its menu.

Monty Popcorn

Reaction score
Thanks for the information Mosqueton I didn't know it was actually confirmed. After doing a little digging on the internet I found this quote by Gradius:

"Aurora is actually bigger than Albion if you look at the world map. And of course we haven't finished exploring all of it yet. There's a big old door in the Veiled Path. That's gotta lead somewhere."

There are many doors in Albion in Fable III which are left unopened I can only assume these would have later been used for DLC. There is also the big'ol Tattered Spire seen off the coast of Driftwood, it’s hard for me to imagine that was only for aesthetic purposes.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Mosqueton I didn't know it was actually confirmed. After doing a little digging on the internet I found this quote by Gradius:

"Aurora is actually bigger than Albion if you look at the world map. And of course we haven't finished exploring all of it yet. There's a big old door in the Veiled Path. That's gotta lead somewhere."

There are many doors in Albion in Fable III which are left unopened I can only assume these would have later been used for DLC. There is also the big'ol Tattered Spire seen off the coast of Driftwood, it’s hard for me to imagine that was only for aesthetic purposes.
Yes, the giant door. There was also gonna be a door leading to the Void (JoB's hometown) in the Crawler's den. TBH I think that a little bit of more time and it could have been a great game, but all the parts they cut out were really important to the narrative and gameplay

Monty Popcorn

Reaction score
It would have been very nice to see such DLC, but sadly the Fable community have let us down due to their lynching.