• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any new info regarding Fable 2 for PC?

aozgolo

Reaction score
Any new info regarding Fable 2 for PC?

So I've been scouring the internet since... well since before Fable 2 was even released, looking for information on a hopeful PC release. As a player who was introduced to Fable through The Lost Chapters for PC, and who does not own an XBOX 360, I've been crossing my fingers for awhile hoping for a port, since I'm predominantly a PC gamer, and don't wish to buy any more consoles at this time.

Anyway, I've recently gone back in looking for any hopeful information, and it's all very old, usually dating back to 2008, and most of the speculation assumes February 2009 as a possible release date, we all know that happened right? :'(

I've pretty much given up on the idea of a Fable2 Port, and given that, the chances of ever seeing a PC version of Fable 3 look horribly grim. I am curious to gather any newer information official or speculative regarding PC Ports.

If I recall, The Lost Chapters was released apx. 1 year after the original Fable hit shelves, and was released for PC and XBOX simultaneously, and was of course announced at very least a month or two prior to this. Fable 2 was released in Oct. 2008 I believe, and nothing.

I'm curious does anyone have sales figures for the PC Port of Fable: TLC? I'm curious to see if maybe it underperformed, and to see a comparison of it's sales vs. the XBOX version. I've given up hope at this point for a PC Port, but I'm still searching for answers to why, I had always presumed the PC Port invited a whole new plethora of fans to the Fable series who didn't own XBOX, and that it sold quite well, and for a company that built it's fame and fortune on the PC (with games like Black & White, and the Movies), Lionhead going exclusively console just doesn't seem to make sense to me, and I can't find a good explanation for this.

Anyone willing to help me bring closure to this?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Any new info regarding Fable 2 for PC?

With Fable III in the making, things aren't looking too positive for a PC port. Remember, TLC for PC was released aeons after the original Fable for Xbox.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Tsuyu;354310 said:
With Fable III in the making, things aren't looking too positive for a PC port. Remember, TLC for PC was released aeons after the original Fable for Xbox.
only took a year
and its been over a year for fable 2 so...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Aions;354324 said:
only took a year
and its been over a year for fable 2 so...

Yeah but they weren't working on Fable 2 in the meantime as they are working on Fable 3 now.

Priorities and all that.

aozgolo

Reaction score

I'm guessing things are looking dismal for a PC Port of Fable 3 too? Early for speculation I know but... really missing having Fable on PC.