• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone had braces?

Azer249

Reaction score
Anyone had braces?

So i went to the dentists today and they said i need braces i told them ill have them if i want to next time they said alright. But i was wondering if they hurt and what happens when they put them on. thanks ( ps i have a phobia of needles so if it involves them its a nono :) )

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Anyone had braces?

I had braces: No needles, isn't to terribly painful (It is at first, but after four years it was one visit a month, and I only had six painful visits) only downside is fixing eating habits, no apples unless pre-cut, no gum, no taffies, no peanut brittle, no really hard food items.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^Meh, they tell you not to eat all that stuff, but I did anyway. Nothing happened.

Braces are...well...they hurt when you first get them on, and at some of your check-ups, they might do something like bend your wires, and that makes your teeth hurt for a few days. A regular tightening won't make them hurt, though. You get used to them after a while, and it doesn't seem so bad.

I'm assuming you'll have to get retainers as well once your braces come off. People will tell you that retainers are utterly and horribly terrible, but they're really not bad at all. They're far better than braces, especially if you have rubber bands with your braces. I just got my braces off, and I've been wearing retainers for a few weeks. I hardly notice they're there anymore.

And about eating...like I said before, eat whatever you want, it will most likely do nothing. And if they tell you to eat with your rubber bands or your retainers in, don't. It makes no difference whether they're in or out during that short period of time, and eating with any of that crap in your mouth just sucks.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;376554 said:
I'm assuming you'll have to get retainers as well once your braces come off. People will tell you that retainers are utterly and horribly terrible, but they're really not bad at all. They're far better than braces, especially if you have rubber bands with your braces. I just got my braces off, and I've been wearing retainers for a few weeks. I hardly notice they're there anymore.

He speaks truth, I have braces on, it feels foreign, but not uncomfortable, and there is little problem in having it, take it out when you eat and it pops right out, cleaning is easy and you can do it while you brush. The only curse I had is for the first few weeks I was a Beaver but my voice is normal again after just a few weeks.

Azer249

Reaction score

Ok thanks looks like ill have them then :)

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

They told me I needed them to push my jaw forward. I said **** no. I don't care if i have an overbite. So I have no idea.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

No, I've never had any. Ooo, but Angel has ... Steve had to enjoy all that drooling.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Woo, doesn't it feel good enough to have been around long enough to smile at inside jokes?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ive had them, depends what braces you get. Mine werent the average ones as i had to realign my jaw. Made my mouth ache as had to tighten them alittle each day and cut into sides of my mouth with the clips (not to nice and was very sore). Had them for 2 years but well worth it in the end.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;376689 said:
Ive had them, depends what braces you get. Mine werent the average ones as i had to realign my jaw. Made my mouth ache as had to tighten them alittle each day and cut into sides of my mouth with the clips (not to nice and was very sore). Had them for 2 years but well worth it in the end.

Just when I thought there was all there was to know about you, bro. :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Gikoku Harakami;376698 said:
Just when I thought there was all there was to know about you, bro. :p

Had my mouth smashed up with a cricket ball at school and needed to realign my jaw as couldnt close teeth together properly afterwards.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;376717 said:
Had my mouth smashed up with a cricket ball at school and needed to realign my jaw as couldnt close teeth together properly afterwards.

You did get the person who did it, right?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Gikoku Harakami;376720 said:
You did get the person who did it, right?

Wasnt their fault really, granted they smacked it pretty damn hard but i was told to move and i refused and thought id try and catch it anyway. Dislocated 2 fingers in process and went through hand into my face.

Azer249

Reaction score

Well i dont want any needeles or stuff so when they put the braktes on and the wire do they use needles? and im not having any jaw stuff i dont think i need to re align my front nashers :p there like this /-

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

There are no needles involved in getting or maintaining braces.

goatfeasters

Does anyone have food?
Reaction score

Azer249;376542 said:
So i went to the dentists today and they said i need braces i told them ill have them if i want to next time they said alright. But i was wondering if they hurt and what happens when they put them on. thanks ( ps i have a phobia of needles so if it involves them its a nono :) )

Braces hurt like crap for the first week and whenever they tighten them. Also, don't get into any fights, cause the braces dig into your lip and your lip usually gets caught on them when you get punched. And they, sometimes, give you a gap.

firis, you actually listened to them?!?!!? Seriously!?!?! I just ate whatever I wanted to and nothing happened.

Azer249

Reaction score

Yey no needle ^^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Mine clipped in and out, had to take them out to eat (obviously). No needles or anything involved though.

Dentie

Reaction score

braces suck :p

It hurts at first few days but you get used to it :p

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

goatfeasters;376979 said:
firis, you actually listened to them?!?!!? Seriously!?!?! I just ate whatever I wanted to and nothing happened.

If a professional tells me to do something I do it, that is his field of expertise, I could say "I am sure some Peanut Brittle wouldn't be too bad." but I am not someone who went to College for years to study teeth.