• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

D

deathbydecay

Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

All I know is that he has the wyoming area code.. 307 I think.. Who knows..I could be misled. I guess I'll have to try and look him up in the phonebook. Wait.. I forgot his name.. Crap. :'(

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

XXXREAPERXXX;161194 said:
How does banning work is it permanent, dont get me wrong I don't want to get struck by a bolt of banning:) Just curious suppose:)
You're banned. Get out immediately and leave the pot plant behind. The rest of your things will be forwarded to you in an email containing several viruses. Have a nice day.

Oh the hilarity etc. Well, my gorgeous husband already covered it pretty much - if you are a lickle bit naughty you may get banned for 24 hours (sometimes for your own sake if nothing else!). If you are just plain nasty and unwilling to follow rules or sort out a current situation which you are involved in, then we unfortunately sometimes have to remove that person from the boards on a permanent basis. Thankfully this is very rare and it would take an awful lot to push one of the staff into that sort of situation. Filthy little spammers are banned instantly if they manage to slip through the mod we have to collect spambots and idiots.

Walker;161458 said:
Hey, you, Brits-- have you EVER heard of ANYTHING like this in your lives? 51st state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let alone THIS? BBC - Action Network - Great Britain to become 51st State of the US of A
I had never heard of that until you posted it...

X

XXXREAPERXXX

@Angel thanx, so pretty standard then, I was also wondering why when some threads are closed, they still get posts. Is it a mod thing? :)

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

XXXREAPERXXX;161482 said:
@Angel thanx, so pretty standard then, I was also wondering why when some threads are closed, they still get posts. Is it a mod thing? :)
We are sneaky...

Nah, all staff have the power to mess with a thread after it is closed and we can post in them as well so that we get the final word, if necessary. Sometimes one of us will forget to put something and another of the staff can just post the extra info nice and easily.

Or, if it's me closing the thread, I'll often say "thread closed" and then forget to actually do it so people get extra posts in before I remember...or more often the case, Andy, Tsuyu or Steve close it for me ;)

D

deathbydecay

I can't be sure that you guys will know the answer, but what the hey! :D
I gots Fable, again, for the PC.. And the guy said it's not gonna work on vista.. I was all like :realmad::':)realmad: (In that order) when i got home and discovered my comp was Windows Vista home premium. I put the disc in anyways, hoping to defy the laws of gaming. Yeah, I have a problem. And after it downloaded and everything.. IT WORKED! I was all like :unsure::w00t::wacko:o_O:wub::cool::ninja: (Also in that order).. Any ideas as to why that happened?.. (No, not my weird reactions) ^_^ Don't get me wrong. I'm happy it did work.. Just thought it was out-of-the ordinary.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

And actually, I think I may have asked that before, too. It's just that I was rereading the Wikipedia.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;161458 said:
Hey, you, Brits-- have you EVER heard of ANYTHING like this in your lives? 51st state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let alone THIS? BBC - Action Network - Great Britain to become 51st State of the US of A

Thats insane is all i can say.

XXXREAPERXXX;161482 said:

Yeah its a staff thing as Sharon said, we are the Elite and even closed threads arent safe. :neo:

deathbydecay;161566 said:
I can't be sure that you guys will know the answer, but what the hey! :D
I gots Fable, again, for the PC.. And the guy said it's not gonna work on vista.. I was all like :realmad::':)realmad: (In that order) when i got home and discovered my comp was Windows Vista home premium. I put the disc in anyways, hoping to defy the laws of gaming. Yeah, I have a problem. And after it downloaded and everything.. IT WORKED! I was all like :unsure::w00t::wacko:o_O:wub::cool::ninja: (Also in that order).. Any ideas as to why that happened?.. (No, not my weird reactions) ^_^ Don't get me wrong. I'm happy it did work.. Just thought it was out-of-the ordinary.

It does work with Vista for the most part, just sometimes needs an update to work. Guess you were one of the lucky ones.

http://forums.projectego.net/lost-chapters-windows-vista-update-3681/

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;161948 said:
Thats insane is all i can say.

What, you mean you don't want to be a state? I'm shocked... And here I was thinking all of the UK was clamoring for statehood. [grin]

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;161962 said:
What, you mean you don't want to be a state? I'm shocked... And here I was thinking all of the UK was clamoring for statehood. [grin]

Yeah thats right i dont want to be a state.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Well, technically speaking you ARE a state, just not a state as in "political division of the USA."

State really just means a organized territory and people with recognized borders and government; at any scale and of an size and sovereignty.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;161970 said:
Well, technically speaking you ARE a state, just not a state as in "political division of the USA."

State really just means a organized territory and people with recognized borders and government; at any scale and of an size and sovereignty.

Thats what i was referring to (in bold).

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yes, i actually knew that. (What you were talking about.) I was trying to be funny. Sorta.

Okay, so i'm not funny. At all. I'm used to that.

F

FableFreak

Could Andy single-handedly take on the ENTIRE Chico State Drinking Team?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

FableFreak;162196 said:
Could Andy single-handedly take on the ENTIRE Chico State Drinking Team?

Would be fun trying.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Chico state? I've heard of them. I was doing a speech on St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and I was researching it, and stuff on their... I forget what it's called fundraiser came up.

At first I wasn't sure they were a real college. Where's that name from?

Also, apparently my Human Geography teacher went there.

B

blue crow

Why is it okay for a black person to call a white person a cracker when its not okay for a white person to call a black person the n word? Also black call each other the n word yet when a white person calls a black person the n word its a hate crime.

F

FableFreak

Walker;162262 said:
Chico state? I've heard of them. I was doing a speech on St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and I was researching it, and stuff on their... I forget what it's called fundraiser came up.

At first I wasn't sure they were a real college. Where's that name from?

Also, apparently my Human Geography teacher went there.

Chico State is in Northern California, and they do have an unofficial drinking team.

California State University, Chico -- Chico State

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Any Staff:

If you had to pick between Bioshock and Call of Duty 4. Which would it be?