• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

T

Tanro

Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

To any staff :

Why did klignons have forehead ridges in Enterprise , and Star Trek: The Next Generation and all subsequent spin offs but, not in Star Trek : The Original Series?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kave;162514 said:
Any Staff:

If you had to pick between Bioshock and Call of Duty 4. Which would it be?

If i HAD to pick id pick COD 4, because its multiplayer will keep me busy for a LONG time and lots of fun with friends.

Tanro;162559 said:
To any staff :

Why did klignons have forehead ridges in Enterprise , and Star Trek: The Next Generation and all subsequent spin offs but, not in Star Trek : The Original Series?

231311_fpx.tif

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

blue crow;162376 said:
Why is it okay for a black person to call a white person a cracker when its not okay for a white person to call a black person the n word? Also black call each other the n word yet when a white person calls a black person the n word its a hate crime.
It has a lot to do with Power preceived or otherwise. Insults always carry more weight from those in power due to the added weight of the potential of harm. In the case of those of African decent this power has a long history of being horribly abused against them while using that word no less. When it comes to them using the word with each other it is a way of reclaiming the power that the word has as their own. You see the same thing with the word ***** or the toned down version biotch. Which brings up the point that that word that is used between them is not the same word actually (most of the time) the word used end in "ah" rather than "er" thus adding to the transformation and reclaiming of power. It's sort of like "I'm not afraid of that word" which is a very good thing.

Kave;162514 said:
Any Staff:

Probably BioShock but as I haven't played CoD4 yet I couldn't say but I LOVE BioShock :wub:

Tanro;162559 said:
To any staff :

Improved theater makeup

Dark Drakan;162560 said:

OK that's a much better reason :lol:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

KmAI;162499 said:
Actually Drak.. A black person calling a white person a cracker is a racial slur, and it is referring to a point of history that's misattributed to every single person of pale skin. Cracker is alluding to "whip cracker" and is racist as hell and derogatory. nobody in my family has owned slaves, or even been in a country that had slavery, so for me to be shouldered with the guilt associated with a skin color is just plain retarded.

As for the word "******" The fact that they use the word to refer to eachother is appropriately hillarious. It means ignorant in its original context, and they're just that - Ignorant of the context of the word and using it in some shallow instance of 'brotherhood'.

you probably shsould be insulted when called a cracker, but there is no social implication when its said. Its like insulting someone for being rich. Its saying "you historically were on the upper end of things. **** you"

I'll reply to you, though I'm commenting on the query in general:

I'm a white boy, lived in a predominantly black are my whole life. Aside from Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle, I have NEVER heard ANYONE use the term cracker; though there was the occasional "white boy can't jump" crack when I was really little. Oh, and I use it occasionally too, when I'm being a smartass.

I HAVE, on the other hand, heard the term "******" in the mouth of at least one racist jackass; and said by lots of my classmates in the form nigga. Hell, I've even been CALLED a nigga.

I'll put it this way-- it makes more sense if you view "******" and "nigga" as two separate terms, with different meanings. Nigga is the slightly controversial hijacking of a racist term and taking in as your own, trying to remove the old meaning. ****** IS a racist term.

I do have one query--

kmAI said:
It means ignorant in its original context

Huh? Every derivation I have ever heard traces it to "negro," which is just Spanish and Portuguese for the color black. I've never seen "ignorant" anywhere, not even Wikipedia.

EDIT: Also, your etymology for "cracker" seems a bit spurious. It sounded wrong to me, and although Wikipedia lists your theory and a similar one as possible derivations, the others sound more likely. Cracker (pejorative) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And also, from my understanding of the term-- even though I've mostly seen it in books-- there IS a social implication to the term of "poor white trash" as opposed to anything else.

B

blue crow

Thanks for answering that important question. Now when a black person calls me a cracker i"ll drop the n bomb.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

blue crow;162585 said:
Thanks for answering that important question. Now when a black person calls me a cracker i"ll drop the n bomb.

Yeah... because two wrongs make a right... :unsure:

B

blue crow

Dark Drakan;162590 said:
Yeah... because two wrongs make a right... :unsure:

So your saying its a lot better if they work all over you? That might be your way to handle things but it aint mine.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

blue crow;162593 said:
So your saying its a lot better if they work all over you? That might be your way to handle things but it aint mine.

No im saying that it isnt going to make the situation any better, just lowers you to their level and if you like lowering yourself fine. I prefer to be the bigger guy, and anyone that knows me knows i take no **** from anyone but theres a time and place for everything and dropping to their level often isnt the right choice, have to know how to handle different situations.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Kave;162514 said:
Any Staff:

COD 4 - just don't enjoy Bioshock so much...

Tanro;162559 said:
To any staff :

Well, Andy answered it much better but I'll go with a steam iron. Heavy duty stuff, the steam iron...

G

games master2

Dark Drakan;20267 said:
I know we dont have any other staff members yet but when we do they will be open for questions aswel. In this thread you can ask our staff members any question you feel like asking. Be clear who it is you are directing the question at though ;)

We reserve the right to not answer questions if we dont want to or delete insults etc.

Ask away ^_^ ....
are you angry at me

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

games master2;162697 said:
are you angry at me

Why would i be angry at you? o_O

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Can I be angry at you, Andy? Just for a laugh?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;162706 said:
Can I be angry at you, Andy? Just for a laugh?

Sure why not, not like im not used to people being angry at me for something. :lol:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;162713 said:
Sure why not, not like im not used to people being angry at me for something. :lol:
Woo Hoo! Er...ok... here goes:
35lxo9v.jpg

See? That's proper angry is that :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;162725 said:
Woo Hoo! Er...ok... here goes:
35lxo9v.jpg

See? That's proper angry is that :lol:

Looks more like someones inserted a thermometer just off the camera side.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

that could well be the case...:ninja:

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

why do people from firhouse have tiny houses but HUGE flatscreens?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

AON of Greatnes;162738 said:
why do people from firhouse have tiny houses but HUGE flatscreens?

Maybe the small houses and rooms just make the Flatscreens look bigger. =]

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

If you have a big screen TV, who cares whether you have a big house?? :D