• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Of course, but he's the only dirty liar I ever loved in the business.

At least he didnt lie through an entire franchise and make false promises through out. Bethesda have deliver on most things they said they would do.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
Gotta admit, I still like Todd Howard.

Even if he is a sexy liar.

I mean dirty liar.

*cough*

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Dear Abbey... Er, Staff:

I never thought this would happen to me...

Oh wait, that's not how this goes. Um, legit question--> I know in the rules, it forbids discussion on illegal activities, but only lists computer-related illegal doings. What's the site's stance on discussing other illegal acts? Specifically drug usage? Just clarifying...

Normally depends on the context, for example discussions about peoples stances on say prision sentences for carrying weapons/drugs/commiting murder etc would be fine but talking about how to partake in things or glorifying it is a no no. So all depends on the individual discussion and they are viewed on a post to post basis.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Whats with the damn fish on the home page?

(Bottom left of the page)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Whats with the damn fish on the home page?

(Bottom left of the page)

Im guessing thats the Christian fish symbol, I only usually see it on the back of cars. Symbolism of Steve and Sharons faith id say.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
-people-pic-1346521337.jpg

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I like it.

a. It is a much nicer symbol than the cross. Poor Jesus would be so traumatized by all the crosses everywhere in Christianity if he were to ever pull a Second Coming!

b. It was stolen from older religions who used it as a symbol for fertility, or more precisely the vagina. I love those!

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Andy is correct - it is an icthus which was used during the times when Christians were killed for their faith to let others know they were having a meeting or that it was a safe place to be.

Sorry Hermit, it's staying :)

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Awmawgawd, stop pushing it down my throat! A tiny, tiny little symbol in the very corner of one single page(which I rarely visit because it isn't the forum) on the website(that you pay for).

Why I never!!!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Jeeze, Hermit, just because God is a dickhead is no reason to be mad over a fishy. Next you'll be declaring war on Christmas.*

*Yeah, that was a dickish thing to say, but those are my legitimately held religious beliefs, which really didn't need to be shared here.

EDIT: Also, pretty sure it's "ichthys." Unless this is a weird alternate spelling I've never heard of.

EDIT2: Shouldn't be that English major-y. First time I tried to spell it, I said "icthys.: Which is wrong. And apparently "ichthus" IS a more-or-less accepted misspelling. Er, alternate spelling.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Yeah I'm over reacting you're both right, I mean who could get mad over such a little vagina fish. But it just makes the site look like a Christian site is all, and makes me want to stop coming here.

And yes before anyone asks I do hate religion that much. I don't want to start a debate or an argument so lets leave it at that.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah I'm over reacting you're both right, I mean who could get mad over such a little vagina fish. But it just makes the site look like a Christian site is all, and makes me want to stop coming here. And yes before anyone asks I do hate religion that much. I don't want to start a debate or an argument so lets leave it at that.

Im not religious in the slightest either but hadnt actually noticed it until you mentioned it and had to go and look for what you were referring to so its not exactly posted everywhere.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Im not religious in the slightest either but hadnt actually noticed it until you mentioned it and had to go and look for what you were referring to so its not exactly posted everywhere.

Yeah, doesn't bother me. Especially since I legitimately never go to the homepage anymore.

Yeah I'm over reacting you're both right, I mean who could get mad over such a little vagina fish. But it just makes the site look like a Christian site is all, and makes me want to stop coming here.

And yes before anyone asks I do hate religion that much. I don't want to start a debate or an argument so lets leave it at that.

Well, now, that's just ridiculous. If your favorite hooker got a fish tattooed on her ass, would you stop doing her doggy style?

Though I guess my perspective is different. I don't like god, I don't go to church, and every time I get preached at I have to refrain from cussing and limit myself to a more-or-less polite no thank you... but I'm still basically a Christian, more or less.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I would simply because of her apparent bad taste! Tattoos on the ass? No thanks, missy.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
In a big country, do dreams stay with you like a lovers voice on the mountain side?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
In a big country, do dreams stay with you like a lovers voice on the mountain side?

Depends if said lover was a mutual lover & not simply a matter of necessity that stemmed from shared body warmth.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
So, after hearing so much about what twatstuffers the kids over on the DMC forum are, I really want to head on over there and troll the **** out of them.

Please say something to dissuade me from this terrible idea.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So, after hearing so much about what twatstuffers the kids over on the DMC forum are, I really want to head on over there and troll the s*** out of them.

Would be embarrassing to see a member from a mature community like we have here stooping to the level of some of the people there. Plus its utterly pointless as they just go around & around in circles every day with the same arguments about new Dante & DmC sucks/New Dante is emo... bring back the old Dante crap constantly. Some arent overly bothered, some have made points in a mature manner as to why they like the game or dislike its actual mechanics. Others just seem to be crying that Capcom havent developed it & it is not just an exact copy with some updates from the other Devil May Cry games. Soon as the word reboot started getting used many blew their tops.

Example of thread I closed lately & this is general feeling of most & so many thread in the same tone as this & starts flame wars between fans of the game & the people who hate it:

Thread Title: Inside DmC Development Meeting...

Director: Listen up people, we must design the new Dante based on my look. Aside from that, the graphics should take on a whole new hippie style, and the colors must be vivid enough to shine the crap our of our players.

Graphic design: Why? This is too much different from past titles.

Director: So that my look can shine the crap out of our players. This reboot must be unique, so we should get rid of the lock on system. Without those annoying little circles around the demons, our players will focus more on the shiny graphics.

Battle design: What the f#$k? This is so bogus, it makes it too difficult to aim at your target accurately in long range battles. For instance, your sword wave is supposed to hit the chainsaw guy, but instead it ends up hitting the red shield sucker; or you accidentally grab the giant rat on the ground when your intention is the demon baby in the air. Veteran players will have complaints. At least put on a tiny mark on the target.

Director: NO NO NO, NO MARK OF ANY KIND AT ALL! If the player wants accurate lock on, he has to shoot first, then push the target change button, and then shoot and push the target change button, and repeat as such until they finally do lock on their target. This way, the skills of our players will be fiercely tested; if you cant lock on who you want, you suck big time. Remember, our goal is break out of the box and create a ultra cynical and unconventional Dante. I just had some amazing ideas that we could add to the boss fights that are against public virtues, such as bullying the elderly and beating pregnant women.

Level design: ................

Director: Oh, before I forget, the media commented earlier that our original version of Dante looked rather SOB, so we had to redesign his look. Lets make attacking media reporters one of the boss fights. These bosses must be extremely easy to defeat so players know that they are paper tigers. Of course, we also need to set some circumstances where they receive little to no damage, you know, just to screw with some new players.

Promotional manager: ............

Battle design: ................

Director: In addition, to make the levels appear more realistic, we need to design some platforms where both demons and Dante himself could fall off, and thees platforms must be everywhere. If we dont have what it takes to make difficult puzzles, let there be as many jumping obstacles as possible.

Level design: Then it would be like Super Mario.

Director: Now that you mention it, dont forget to make the flame shoot our from underground.

Level design: .................

Director: Last but not least, some demons must be completely immune to some weapons, like Borderlands 2 where you constantly switch between a lot of weapons. This way, we can make sure all weapons have their uses. Lets not repeat the mistake of DMC3 where Nevan seems like the privilege of those small capitalists.

All: ......................

Director: Then its settled! People, lets do this with our utmost potential. Our future is filled with brightness: with our quality, I have no doubt that all major forums will be bombarded with posts from hordes of SOBs after beating the game, even if only human difficulty. Any confusion, just ask me. The more suckers there are, the better DmC will sell. Meeting adjourned!

All: ...................................................................

On top of this there are threads about people thinking new Dante is ugly, Emo, Say nasty things about new Dante/Say nice things about Dante threads. Its all rather tedious to be honest...

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So, after hearing so much about what twatstuffers the kids over on the DMC forum are, I really want to head on over there and troll the s*** out of them.

I've been there, literally. The place is full of highschool drama llamas and it's not worth the trollage, honestly. The irony of the situation is that they think themselves too high and mighty to pay attention to any of the trolls, or less serious members who pop up. My time there didn't entirely go down well, and I didn't really even do anything. All that said, I don't wanna bash one of Steve's babies(the forums not his kids duh) but do yourself a favour and stay close to home, i.e. the best forum on Earth. I'm talking about Pego! The guardian of lost souls! The powerful, the pleasurable, the indestructible... You get the picture.

On top of this there are threads about people thinking new Dante is ugly, Emo, Say nasty things about new Dante/Say nice things about Dante threads. Its all rather tedious to be honest...

I may not be a die-hard fan of DMC but from where I'm standing he looks a hell of a lot better in my opinion. More believable and not at all Emo. He looked Emo before - did anyone actually see his hair?

I could get all butthurt over the fact that my beloved Tomb Raider is getting a reboot, but I don't. After a while any series gets a bit stale. Rebooting a game at times, is yes, bad but really without discontinuing the game entirely, developers really have little choice. Some could use the argument that I don't care because I don't love the game as much as them but I'll bring up Tomb Raider again. I love TR and it's being quite substantially rebooted. For one, Lara's boobs are a realistic size nao. LOLWTF