• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Blink-182

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
I still enjoy the ramblings of Mark Hoppus on twitter. Blink 182 is still occurring in my musical doings. They pop up when I have the shuffle going on my iPod whilst using my jacuzzi with friends.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Really. The Ramones, The Clash and The Sex Pistols. All punk rock.

You were half-right though. According to Wikipedia, The Ramones were the first punk rock band.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am saying Wikipedia kind of agrees with me:

"As leaders in the punk rock scene, the Ramones' music has usually been identified with that label,[1] while some have defined their characteristic style more specifically as pop punk[90] and others as power pop.[91] In the 1980s, the band sometimes veered intohardcore punk territory, as can be heard on Too Tough to Die.[89]"

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am saying Wikipedia kind of agrees with me:

"As leaders in the punk rock scene, the Ramones' music has usually been identified with that label,[1] while some have defined their characteristic style more specifically as pop punk[90] and others as power pop.[91] In the 1980s, the band sometimes veered intohardcore punk territory, as can be heard on Too Tough to Die.[89]"

Gotta remember back then, the word pop had a completely different meaning to what it does now. Pop simply meant "popular" so popular punk. Blink 182 came at a time when the definition is completely different, or atleast what people tend to recognise it as these days - uptempo, key-minor melodies.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Gotta remember back then, the word pop had a completely different meaning to what it does now. Pop simply meant "popular" so popular punk. Blink 182 came at a time when the definition is completely different, or atleast what people tend to recognise it as these days - uptempo, key-minor melodies.

True say brudda, true say. How did we get on to the genre of the Ramones for Blink-182?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Originally they were apparently going to be known as Duck Tape but Tom Delonge came up with Blink and the random number was simply because there was a techno band called Blink and they threatened to sue them.

I swear Blink 182 sounds like the name of a radio station.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
I have never, ever knowingly listened to Blink 182. I couldn't honestly say whether or not I like them, only that I have no idea who they are. I don't tell people this anymore, people have the weirdest reactions to it.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
New song. I wasn't impressed. Still checking out the whole EP when it comes out though...

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
New song. I wasn't impressed. Still checking out the whole EP when it comes out though...

Hey, they sang a song about my birthday! Awesome!

(My birthday is on Boxing Day just in case no one realised)